• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Guild Management - Temporary ban, on fights, for guild members

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdan16

Farmer
Reason
I found myself in the situation of being proactive in gbg battles and took a sector, that I thought we are going to lose to another guild.

Apparently there was an agreement and that sector was supposed to be conquered by the other guild.

Anyway, apologies does not help, if the player that was enraged by my mistake, and I found myself kicked out from the guild. 12 days to go on the season. :-(
Details
In the guild management menu to add a new button to allow the temporary ban on gbg. It will probably be the same mechanism/timer that you have when wither you leave a guild or you are kicked form a guild and you have to wait until next season starts.
Balance
For sure it will allow more fighting in gbg. If for example 1% of the players are kicked during the gbg, if this is implemented probaby 50% of these players will still be able to fight most of the season.
Abuse Prevention
I think it limits the abuse and dissatisfaction of the players overall.
Summary
Temporary ban on flights applied to guild members that are not respecting rules/agreements. Instead of just kick them out of the guild.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I've read and spent 5 minutes searching for something similar with what I proposed. But there are a lot of things proposed.
The only option available now to "punish" players that do not follow orders, or do not read in time all the messages is to kick them out.

The option I propose is to allow the leaders of the guild to ban these players, like me, from gvg or gbg for a period of 1 to 3 days.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
if members can't follow directions just kick them jeepz what a waste of 10 minuets both for you spent thinking this nonsense up and for the rest of us having to read it

6zeva9

Baronet
Sometimes it is not the member at fault. I have seen a lot of larger guilds where leaders do not communicate to all members only their friends, so when the other members go and do something like the above situation because the GBG has not been tagged correctly and no messages sent by Guild Leaders once agreement had been made.
Though it may be a bit more complicated to implement.

Umbrathor

Baronet
A few thoughts:
  • to my knowledge it is not currently possible to be 100% certain which guild member attacked which sector. If so, I think repercussions should not be to easily available. Otherwise many 'false positives' resulting in undeserved punishments / banishments will occur.
  • I do not like the idea of banning people from fighting in GBG. They lose rewards, the guild loses a fighter. It's a lose/lose solution. I prefer communication to solve problems.

bdan16

Farmer
Thank you for sharing your thought on this.
@LionBeta1 Mistakes can be made by anyone, intentionally or not. The idea is to learn from them and to not punish in the same way someone that has bad intentions with someone that was not paying attention and can improve in the future.
@6zeva9 I agree, at this stage my only aim is to submit it for review. If it will be implemented then something else might not. This decision will have to be made by game designers.
@Umbrathor The worst thing it can happen if you get a ban you will lose one battle day instead of losing the possibility to fight for the whole season of GBG, if you get kicked out from the guild. It can be abused, but in the same way the current "termination" can.

Guilty without solid proof?

Until we as Founders / Leaders can know for sure who did not followed the guild directions on a specific sector (attack / do not attack / leave it close to finish but do not finish / etc) I think we shall not punish members. That will lead to a lot of drama and highly possibly lead to groups of members (not just the one fighter banned) to leave the guild due to "unfair management".

Status
Not open for further replies.