• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild management features

Atosha

Merchant
From my start in this game I have been surprised guild management features were so few. I'm sure you're aware that playing together is a big plus for staying in the game, and playing longer (per day and number of days).
Does FoE plan to improve that part?
That can cover tools for management (for example, we could have things like better view of contributions (direct one especially --> or at least don't show the building contribution in the old feature "Guild contribution"), view of some guild members stats (reset every month or so)...
It could also give the same "rights" between guild member and friend: show status (green/orange/red), tavern visits. It is more than strange to not be able to have actions that can be done with friends and cannot be done with guild members.
Lastly, it could also facilitate the internal game we organize within the game by allowing to give gifts. Of course, not everything but I can think of forge point (we already can to put them directly without limitation but that take position and complicates calculation). And we could win throughout events some gift that can be shared and that could replace some small event rewards (there also, not everything but crates, potions, things like that that won't change things a lot but can support activity inside a guild).

Kronan

Viceroy
You probably have to think like a business person, so that may lead you down the path to "probably not".
They look at investments such as this as to whether it generates a financial return on that investment of company resources to address the items that you're thinking about.

If you can give them a more solid "business plan" that shows them why the changes you desire are essential, and will make them money - you could garner some interest.
Other than that, if it works now (although is clearly non-optimal) , then that's probably how it's going to stay. These kinds of things are clearly at the bottom of the list...

There are so many old things that need updating, but still work.

That makes them non-essential to upgrade. Money is being spend to MAKE MORE MONEY - (like events, and fighting venues, and era upgrades), because they have a higher activity level AND have the best chance to be designed to create a cashflow.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
An log that offers an overview of total contribution of :goods_guild:/member daily/weekly, could be helpful. To encourage members to seek event buildings offering it. Featuring activity overview like with friends is encouraging daily participation. Which could lead to potential paying customers.
Gifts where intended when FoE was very young. In the inventory there was an tab for gifts. Only once used. During lady Fortuna’s event players could be gifted art work for upcoming features. Along them: zeppelin (progressive era’s diamond cultural building), ToR & an never released GE GB and rouge hideout. I might’ve forgotten some more but these I can recall. Other than that it was never used and eventually the tab was removed. Years later fragments tab took it place. Am CM mentioned gifts where originally intended to be implemented but eventually it’s been decided against their implementation. Maybe the new devs and executives feel different about gifts in the game but I doubt it. As it’s playing into the hands of double accounts.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Gifts where intended when FoE was very young. In the inventory there was an tab for gifts. Only once used. During lady Fortuna’s event players could be gifted art work for upcoming features. Along them: zeppelin (progressive era’s diamond cultural building), ToR & an never released GE GB and rouge hideout. I might’ve forgotten some more but these I can recall. Other than that it was never used and eventually the tab was removed. Years later fragments tab took it place. Am CM mentioned gifts where originally intended to be implemented but eventually it’s been decided against their implementation. Maybe the new devs and executives feel different about gifts in the game but I doubt it. As it’s playing into the hands of double accounts.
For those curious about the event in question. I’ve looked it up. It’s the very 1st anniversary of FoE, yeah I’ve been playing for a little while now, lol. This is the live server announcement:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/happy-birthday-forge-of-empires.15839/
I’ve checked my inventory at live. Unfortunately the artwork has been removed. Probably when the gifts tab was removed. I might be able to dig up those relics sometime if anyone is interested

Atosha

Merchant
@Xiphos I think FoE is trying to keep players in the game: total duration of course but also time per day - we can especially see that in the evolution of events last year) and guild is one essential way to allow that : a lot of people will play more if they have fun with their guild mates and will keep playing longer as well.
FoE is good at getting new clients but it's also interesting to keep them and have them spend time in your business, as you call it.
Offering a good guild experience through different features should therefore be a long term objective. Other games offer more or less the features I described and they didn't do it for no reason ;)

And some should be quite easy to implement as they exist (friend status) or existed (post of @drakenridder --> thx for the info, didn't know there was something like that!)

Atosha

Merchant
Very happy to read the following in "What does the future hold for Forge of Empires? Hear from our Product Head!" announcement.
  1. Guild Enhancement: Recognizing guilds' role in player retention and depth exploration, we plan to overhaul guild search features and expand guild activities.
Hope the above mentioned will be considered as new features @Leones :)

shad2389

Viceroy
An log that offers an overview of total contribution of :goods_guild:/member daily/weekly
something like this :
Capture d’écran du 2024-01-31 20-20-25.png
it's already implemented
might be a good idea from INNO to add a section where you see the total for each members instead of seeing every contribution separately so guild leaders or founders could give FP rewards to the members who give the most to treasury