• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild level points: how are they calculated??

DeletedUser

Ok, I figured out that the guild level points corresponded to the total power of all the sectors we own at the end of the countdown. So, until the 2nd of January, my guild had 3 sectors, 2 on the Iron Age map (power 6 + 4 = 10) and 1 on the EMA map (power 6), with a total power of 16. So, each day, at the end of the countdown our level points would increase by 16 and so we reached 480 points (out of the 510 points needed to reach level 3). So far, so good, until there, I had no problem.

But on the 2nd of January, we conquerred our 1st HMA sector and when the countdown reached 0, our level points dropped to 164 points (= more than 300 points less than the day before)! So, we thought it was a kind of penalty we got for conquerring a new sector before this new sector started to increase our points. Although I think that a drop of more than 300 points is really a huge drop for conquerring a sector worth 12 power, as it would take about 25 days to just break-even! Anyway, on the 2 next days, our points increased by 28 points per day, which again corresponds to our total power (the 16 we used to have + 12 power of the new HMA sector).

But yesterday, there was a siege on our Iron age HQ when the countdown reached 0. So, apparently, the sector under siege doesn't count for the calculation of your level points and prestige, as our points only increased by 22 that day (28 - 6 power of the Iron Age HQ). That, I can understand, although it doesn't seem that fair that the 2 minutes we were under siege had to cost us points just because the countdown reached 0... But what I cannot understand is how today our points dropped again by 58 points instead of increasing by the usual 28 points = 86 points less than what we were supposed to have (we haven't lost or conquerred any sector today). So now our points have dropped to 184 points out of the 510 needed to reach level 3 (while we had 480 points 6 days ago!!). How is this possible?? Is this again a kind of penalty because our HQ didn't count for our points yesterday and today it does, so the system considers that we "conquerred" that sector today?? Will our points drop that much each time someone lays a siege on our sectors at the end of the countdown? At that pace, we'll never reach level 3!

I summarized it below:
01/01/2014 = 480/510
02/01/2014 = 164/510 = –316 points => we conquerred our 1st sector on the HMA map, worth 12 power
03/01/2014 = 192/510 = +28 points, which corresponds to the total power of the 4 sectors we own
04/01/2014 = 220/510 = +28 points
05/01/2014 = 242/510 = +22points => our Iron map HQ was under attack at the moment the countdown reached 0 that day => HQ worth a power of 6 did not count for the points of that day
06/01/2014 = 184/510 = -58 points => we didn’t lose/conquer any sector and were expecting +28 points, as usual...Instead of that, we had –58 points??

So, my questions:
Is it normal that our points drop that much when we conquer a sector? If yes, how are the points we drop calculated?
Is it normal that a sector under siege at the moment the countdown reaches 0, doesn't count for the points of that day?
Is it normal that on the 6th of January, we got a drop of 58 points instead of an increase of 28 points? And why? How are these points to be dropped, calculated?

And finally, could the developers please include some explanation about the calculation methods of these points, in the Guild wars user manual? It's good to implement something, but people need to know how it works...
Really looking forward to getting some answers here, as nobody replied to the ticket I sent to support, yet...

DeletedUser2752

Thanks for recording these stats. My guess of it just adding total power to the guild rank everyday may still be correct. I am pretty sure I remember hearing that our rank and level was recorded before rewards were implemented, so I think the devs may have given guilds a bonus in these rewards and are slowly heading back to our real level/points.

I, too, am hoping for some clarification in this though

DeletedUser

Just a short reply on this subject: There seems to be an issue with the display of accumulated power. Power is still calculated correctly on the servers and there is no way to lose power once you have collected it. As of today your guild has a total accumulated power of 690 - meaning that it is at 270 of 510 points for level 3.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Thanks Anwar, so this would mean the drop of 58 points we had today, is a mistake in the display, so we did receive +28 points,as expected. That's a relief.
But then you say ,there's no way to lose power once you have collected it. But you do lose power (ranking points) when you conquer a sector and when one of your sectors is under attack at the end of the countdown, right?
Just a short reply on this subject: There seems to be an issue with the display of accumulated power. Power is still calculated correctly on the servers and there is no way to lose power once you have collected it.

DeletedUser

But you do lose power (ranking points) when you conquer a sector and when one of your sectors is under attack at the end of the countdown, right?

You should never lose power (but the devs are looking into it as I write). When a sector is under siege during the daily calculation, you don't get power from it.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser1418

I'm about confused about the calculations.

This is quoted:
Support pool = The sum of guild’s military boost buildings + Guild support bonus (This is not shown yet but will be soon)
Then:
Support Pool / Support factor = Available Support Pool.
The HQ can hold a max bonus of 75.
Other sectors can have a max bonus of 50.

Now, part 1 I understand - calculating the support pool.
The 2nd part I dont get. It looks like the support pool is DEVIDED by the Support factor, effectively meaning the Available Support pool is less than the innitial Support Pool. That cant be right.
The third part is even more confusing, as I'm not sure if the sector bonus means 75 points or 75%

Could you please give us some examples so we can make the right maths?

DeletedUser2752

75%, if you have looked at any headquarters, you would see almost every one has 75% attack and defense bonus to their defending armies.