• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Guild Goods Grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankiedk

Squire
Reason
As GBG uses a LOT of goods, from several ages, it would be a great idea to get some room for Goods to Guild Stock productions.
Details
What could be an idea is a Settlement like map, where you can build Goods building of and below your own age, and roads (Trails and Tarmac road, both gives NO happiness), and nothing else. When harvesting at GGG sends the goods directly to Guild Stock. When productions are done, an option to harvest and start 4h, 8h, 24h or 48h productions, with Diamonds would be prefferable. Eg. 1 Diamond to harvest and start 4h production, 2 for 8h, 5 for 24h, and 7 for 48h productions.

Start the map with eg 4 - 4x4, and put expansions in tech tree for GGG. Expansions should not be won, but obtained in research and/or Medals and/or Diamond expansions

Population and happiness cannot be put up in GGG, so that would have to be done i your regular town.
Balance
Gives small and low member count guild a better chance to get into GBG, and be competitive faster.
Abuse Prevention
Do not see that as possible
Summary
Looks like all the elements of GGG are available, only new things are the use of Diamonds to harvest and start production, the current harvest and start works on any production building, but NOT goods buildings.
Goods directly to Guild Stock is the other missing functionality.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, but didn't find anything
As GBG uses a LOT of goods, from several ages, it would be a great idea to get some room for Goods to Guild Stock productions.

What could be an idea is a Settlement like map, where you can build Goods building of and below your own age, and roads (Trails and Tarmac road, both gives NO happiness), and nothing else. When harvesting at GGG sends the goods directly to Guild Stock. When productions are done, an option to harvest and start 4h, 8h, 24h or 48h productions, with Diamonds would be prefferable. Eg. 1 Diamond to harvest and start 4h production, 2 for 8h, 5 for 24h, and 7 for 48h productions.

Start the map with eg 4 - 4x4, and put expansions in tech tree for GGG. Expansions should not be won, but obtained in research and/or Medals and/or Diamond expansions

Population and happiness cannot be put up in GGG, so that would have to be done i your regular town.

Regads
Frank

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I once had the idea for a co-op settlement among guild mates - goes into a similar direction...

Trail & Tarmac roads, and goods buildings only?
  • Roads needs a "Town Hall" like building to be able to function. Even Cultural Settlements and Mars Colony have a "Town Hall" equivalent to have the roads functioning properly. Size for this GGG "Town Hall"? 5x5? 4x4? 4x3?
Production of Space Age Mars goods requires buildings producing Life Support and available Colonists (not Population). I suppose your idea will require these resources will be produced by your Mars Colony to be used at the GGG area.

Can this GGG area be plunderable? Or completely invisible / protected from neighbors like the Mars colony or Cultural Settlements?

Size and Expansions for GGG?
  • I assume expansions for GGG would not be the same expansions available for the city. Similar to expansions for Cultural Settlements or for the Mars colony.
  • From which era these expansions will start to appear at the Research Tree?
  • Maximum size that the GGG area can grow?
    • How many GGG expansions per age/era? 1? 2?
We got already 19 ages in the game if including Stone Age. If starting with 4 expansions and adding 16 or more expansions SAAB player would have a 20+ expansions area to produce goods of any age needed for the guild, plus additional goods could come from his/her normal stock, plus goods going to the Treasury from the Arc, Observatory and Atomium. SAAB players usually have excess population and happiness, and plenty of coins and supplies. It will be no problem to fill the area with goods buildings for them. This making too easy for high era players to overflow the Guilds Treasury with goods.

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
Imagine the following scenario: Guild gets big. Guild builds alll the good producing features,. Guild dies out / people leave for whatever reason. Last remaining player(s) still have all those goods flowing in....

I do like the idea, but I think there ways to abuse it. Arcs are already a HUGE goods contributor. Do we really need more? Just up your arcs! And give new members arcs.

Frankiedk

Squire
@Umbrathor.
Guild get big, and then people leave, hence not in Guild, hence GGG does NOT deliver to Guild as they are no longer a member.

Yes, Arc, Observatory, and Atomium, deliver a LOT of goods, problem is, its Goods are from owners Age, what is needed, when Guild is neither old or well stocked, when taking in NEW low Age members, the problem is that GBG Buildings then cost from those lower ages, and now the problem shows, in lower ages people does not nessasarily have, Arc, Obs or Ato, and then when Costs for buildings then use those low age goods FAST, then the Guild runs out, and everyone in the Guild has to take down buildings to produce outdated Goods to Donate to Guild Stock, takes up a lot of Room.

In large guilds i do not see the problem with abuse, they have so many goods anyways, so even more is an option, but nothing really to spend them on. But GGG would give smaller Guilds the option to be competitive in GBG, without having to sacrifice their own towns to produce older goods.

@Darrth.
Town Hall "could" be done by having road connection from the initial space on GGG, or a 4x4 building, this is a balancing issue. Same with expansion sizes, a balancing issue. The issues with SAAB and Mars goods, i have no idea how to get around, Maybe the GGG could/should be limited from Iron Age to Progressive or maybe even later, after that point you could say everyone has had a chance to put up Guild Goods Buildings, Arc, Obs and Ato.

About the area, and high era players, and the abuse, that might be a problem, but i find it an even bigger problem, that guilds with GBG ambitions, will not take in low age player as long as that will limit their GBG progress, as the stock for lower ages are usually low. Now the high age players have to take down stuff in their town to produce old goods, to have low age goods to buy GBG buildings. The Abuse comes from old established guilds, but GGG would make new and low stocked Guilds able to compete in GBG using buildings, even if the Guild takes in low age players. Besides the abuse problems you talk about really only is a problem i large established Guilds but they have the Goods production in place, and yes they might flood their Guild Stock, but how many of those guilds are there, but for small to medium sized Guilds the abuse is not really an issue, but gives them the ability to get producing without having to totally compromise the member players own cities, and then be able to compete in GBG.

Plundering, is it nessasary to be able to plunder Guild Goods? Maybe, but when you plunder, the spoils go to the plunderers Guild Stock.

I understand the problem you are trying to solve. My guild at EN4 Dinegu almost run out of Jewelry and Iron after the last GBG while the other three (3) IA goods remained very well stocked, only one IA guild member at this time (others have moved up to EMA already).

Balancing/Abuse issues must be identified, discussed, and if possible solutions be proposed. At the end the developers will deal with them if idea will be implemented.

A "Town Hall" equivalent building will be required if using the same mechanics used at city, settlements, and colonies to make the roads function properly. If not, the Developers must design something new adding to the difficulty to implement the idea. I agree, size of this "Town Hall" equivalent is up to the developers to decide, a 4x4 maybe is a good option.

SAAB / Mars goods requirements to use Colonists instead of Population and Life Support instead of Happiness should be managed the same way as you proposed for the Population and Happiness: to be provided by the city, in this case to be provided by the colony. Given limited space at the colony map, probably SAAB and SAM players will prefer to not build SAAB or Mars goods at the GGG area and use the GBs (Arc, Observatory, Atomium) to keep the Guild Treasury stock levels for these goods.

Plundering, is it nessasary to be able to plunder Guild Goods? Maybe, but when you plunder, the spoils go to the plunderers Guild Stock.
  • They are not Guilds Goods until collected from the building and then automatically transferred to the Guild Treasury.
  • Be able to plunder the GGG area, and the loot transferred to the Plunderer's Guild Treasury? I like the idea, didn't thought of that.
  • I think the simple solution is to make the GGG area non plunderable, leaving plundering as it is: after a battle victory the plunder is at the defeated neighbor city (not at the colonies, settlements or at the GGG area (if implemented)).

I think the idea have elements that clash with the DNSL.

Basically you are asking for more space, to build Goods Productions buildings, to be used exclusively for the Guild Treasury, but without sacrificing actual city area. Most players would just use their actual excess population to be able to build these goods buildings. Goods production is part of the game and must be managed with strategy to fund all needs that the game has: Research, GBs Construction, Negotiations, and support Guild Treasury. The idea removes the support to Guild Treasury from the challenge to manage space available at the city, and with that making the game easier.

From DNSL:
Ideas to make yourself richer or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
Expansions as rewards. The game is meant to be played with the space available, it is part of the challenge to decide what to put and keep in your city.

Last edited:
Why not just ask people to build these buildings in their town? People who move up an age or are in SAA can still lay down a jewlery building in their town.

Why not just ask people to build these buildings in their town? People who move up an age or are in SAA can still lay down a jewlery building in their town.
Sure they can asked, but after growing up several ages, not everybody wants an old building (like a Jewelry production building) in the town unless it is:
  • An useful GB, like Statue of Zeus,
  • Or multiple Blacksmiths for event quests asking for N productions of X minutes / hours

Sure they can asked, but after growing up several ages, not everybody wants an old building (like a Jewelry production building) in the town unless it is:
  • An useful GB, like Statue of Zeus,
  • Or multiple Blacksmiths for event quests asking for N productions of X minutes / hours
My guild has asked players to build granite and brass factories and other low era goods even SAA players contributed. Just got to work as a team sometimes for the good of the guild.

CrashBoom

Legend
leaving EMA & SMA and granite and brass aren't needed it in the next GBG

would also help :rolleyes:

even SAA players contributed.
so they must do the work because others decided to stay in EMA or SMA :rolleyes:

but after growing up several ages, not everybody wants an old building (like a Jewelry production building) in the town
old age goods are only needed in GBG if the guild has old age players

The game is meant to be played over time and have a element of strategy.
and the element of strategy also includes which members should be accepted in a guild
or which guild a player asks to get in

I am always shocked when my guild accepts low era players with very low GB
(does a new player in soccer ask a premiere league team if they can play there ??)

why not do you think?
we are playing in diamond league and the leader thinks they must build siege camps everywhere after getting a sector
(and there even don't understand why everywhere)

so to all
the game doesn't need changes like this idea
the players need a change in their thinking

As GBG uses a LOT of goods, from several ages
here is the first thing to think about
GBG only uses goods from the players ages.

so is it the fault of GBG that it needs goods from several ages ?
or the fault of the guild that it has players from several ages ?

:rolleyes:

I am always shocked when my guild accepts low era players with very low GB (does a new player in soccer ask a premiere league team if they can play there ??)

Agree, guilds should make/follow clear rules/requisites for accepting new members. Minimum City age? Guild Goods related buildings built/minimum level? (Arc, Statue of Honor, Observatory, etc), Number of Fights? Minimum GE encounters per Week? Minimum GBG action?

A low/old Age player, who can carry his/her own weight can be useful.

My guild has asked players to build granite and brass factories and other low era goods even SAA players contributed. Just got to work as a team sometimes for the good of the guild.
Agree, we all need to contribute to team efforts. Easier and more meaningful to contribute would be a SAAB player trading down a bit of high goods to get tons of old age goods and donate them to the Treasury than build a Granite Mason and put it to work on 8 hrs cycles to donate what? 30 Granite per day?

Status
Not open for further replies.