• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Goods/Donations of Every Building Should Count in Quests

Thunderdome

Emperor
Time and time again, I had been presented with a task "donate (x) goods to your guild's treasury". And, time and time again, there are certain buildings excluded from the task.

Now, here's my question: why is that?

In the past, and still going on now, everyone's been racing to get the Arc for their city. Not only it gives a certain percentage in return when the top 5 places invest in a person's Great Building, but it also gives guild goods towards the guild treasury. If a player doesn't have a guild, the goods for the guild isn't collected and the collect icon remains.

Part of my reason for getting an Arc was for the guild goods donation. It eases me from donating my own goods to the treasury. The same can be held true for the Observatory, Statue of Honor, or any other building that donates guild goods to the treasury. And as we age further up, the guild goods requirement does go up; especially when a quest/task asks for (x) goods for the current age or (slightly higher) (x) goods for the previous age.

The Arc guild goods donations ages up as a player ages up, as well as the Observatory Great Building (GB); making them convenient. Other buildings require a one up kit or a renovation kit to advance.

Currently, via FoE Helper, I have 860 guild goods that will be collected and donated to the treasury. If a quest asks for such, it will only count the 160 goods from the Statue of Honors (yeah, I demo'd the Observatory), and not the 700 goods from the Arc, which I have to pony up the rest to complete the quest/task asking for such. The guild will still receive the 860 from my city.

I feel cheated that Inno would exclude these from the quests/tasks... how does everyone else feel?

For me it's not an issue. In my main city I have a high level CF/ARC combo. Even though I don't spin RQs I collect so many goods that I can donate a couple thousand of each every couple of days while maintaining 20K of each current age good. Quests requiring goods donations are no bother for me.

Amdira

Baronet
For me it's not really an issue to donate the goods to the treasury, but I also get the point of the question. As all other quests can be finished by GBs, like Himeji, TT, SV and others for supplies, CF, St. Marc's and others for coins, ToA, Babel, Galata and others for goods and Traz for units, it just would logical, that GBs like The Arc, Observatory, Atomium and K.I. should count for treasury donations.
I think to remember this issue has been discussed several times already with no result into this direction. Would nevertheless like to know the reason.

Amdira

Baronet
I think no building should count

the quests say "donate goods to guild treasury"
not "collect buildings which produce guild goods"
But that's the function of the guild buildings just like producing supplies, coins or units is the function of other GBs. The other quests also don't say "collect buildings which produce supplies, coins, goods or units". I just don't get the difference, sry.

.Chris

Baronet
But that's the function of the guild buildings just like producing supplies, coins or units is the function of other GBs. The other quests also don't say "collect buildings which produce supplies, coins, goods or units". I just don't get the difference, sry.
The difference is that the quest asks you to "DONATE".
In the case of supplies, coins etc. it's "COLLECT"

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Guild goods producing buildings donate on you're behave. It should either count for all buildings that donate on you're behave, or none. At least that would make the most sense, imo.

.Chris

Baronet
I agree, either all buildings giving guild goods count as donating or none.

I would tend to the "none" option since that would be most in line with the "donate" phrase in the quest description.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
The letter is debatable. As you are not collecting goods, on you're behave goods are donated. Which is a donation towards you're guild's treasure. As where collecting something means that you are gathering resources to add into you're personal stocks. Which is obviously not a donation.
However any donation is obviously a donation that ups you're guild's treasure. Which is what happens when a building is donating on you're behave. In any case it's not really something for us players to define, rather for Inno. To draw 1 clear line to prevent confusion in this and other similar edge cases where it's debatable if it does count or not, in particular fuelled where the game in some cases does count it but in other cases don't.

.Chris

Baronet
Well we could get into semantics there...
If I collect my buildings there is an argument to be made that the goods are donated to me...

But I would think that we agree, it should be one of these cases:
  • ANY collection of a building giving guild goods counts as donation.
  • NO collection of a building giving guild goods counts as donation.
  • The quest text specifies that collections from GBs do not count.

Amdira

Baronet
The difference is that the quest asks you to "DONATE".
In the case of supplies, coins etc. it's "COLLECT"
Yes, but in case of "collect goods, supplies or coins" also goods, supplies and coins you receive by aiding from TT and SV are being counted as collected. For me this seems the same side function as donating goods by the GB to treasury.

CrashBoom

Legend
The letter is debatable. As you are not collecting goods, on you're behave goods are donated. Which is a donation towards you're guild's treasure. As where collecting something means that you are gathering resources to add into you're personal stocks. Which is obviously not a donation.
However any donation is obviously a donation that ups you're guild's treasure. Which is what happens when a building is donating on you're behave. In any case it's not really something for us players to define, rather for Inno. To draw 1 clear line to prevent confusion in this and other similar edge cases where it's debatable if it does count or not, in particular fuelled where the game in some cases does count it but in other cases don't.
donating is giving something you have because you want to give

the goods from the GB you don't have and you don't have the choice to put it into the treasury or keep it :rolleyes:

and even the GB doesn't say it "donate goods". it says produces goods for the treasury

Guild goods producing buildings donate on you're behave.
no

they produce or you're behave

But that's the function of the guild buildings
really ?

or is to produce goods for the guild treasury

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
donating is giving something you have because you want to give

the goods from the GB you don't have and you don't have the choice to put it into the treasury or keep it :rolleyes:

and even the GB doesn't say it "donate goods". it says produces goods for the treasury
The definition of donating is to give away something. The buildings give away goods to you're guild. Which is in line with the definition. So, they donate goods to you're guild.
Regarding GB in you're 2nd attempt to reframe my point, you have gotten the goods from you're GB but they're automatically given to you're guild in you're name. That is donating.
they produce or you're behave
Pointless dancing around the meaning of my words of choice will not change the meaning of those words.o_O
From my angle the buildings giving goods to you're guild in you're name. What is donating goods to you're guild? Giving goods to you're guild. That is exactly what they do and why they are in my opinion donating in you're name to you're guild. Should've known better that not everyone understand English well enough to understand the meaning behind "on behave of."
Whatever we players feel like the buildings are doing or not, it is not up to us to decide, it is up to Inno to draw a line. Avoiding confusing in what does work and what doesn't.

Speculative it stands to reason for me that Inno decided not to counting (most) GB's that give goods to you're guild in you're name as it might've been an "easy" ways to fulfil such quests. Though it is remarkable strange to me that they haven't change the code while on it in such a way that only manual donations would be accounted for the quest.

.Chris

Baronet
We're getting off-topic...

Whether buildings donate to the guild on my behalf or not is totally irrelevant. It should just be consistent for all buildings or specified in the quest text if there are exceptions.

Thunderdome

Emperor
When I collect from the Statue of Honor with a task (quest) asking for donations, it registers either as complete (if I am in a lower age that asks for a low amount) or towards an amount (if I am in an age that asks for a higher amount). The Statue of Honor donates goods to the treasury as well as give forge points and goods (if Roads to Victory are connected); the def % is on the Road to Victory itself (as with the happiness).

For all,
In my opinion, it's pointless to exclude buildings from quests if those said buildings do what they are intended to do.

Well, guild goods "produced" from great buildings do show up in the guild donation list, so that supports them being a donation. Plus irl people/companies/whatever can donate in someone else's name...

Emberguard

Emperor
I think no building should count

I agree, and prior to the Statue of Honor this was the case. Great Buildings have never counted, and would be rather OP considering the sheer volume a single production can produce.

Well, guild goods "produced" from great buildings do show up in the guild donation list, so that supports them being a donation. Plus irl people/companies/whatever can donate in someone else's name...
But they;re not in there as a donation, it's there as a production. That's why it doesn't count
unknown.png

CrashBoom

Legend
NO there is no guild donation list :rolleyes:
only a contributions list :p

so that proofs they are not donations :D

pic.jpg

But they;re not in there as a donation, it's there as a production. That's why it doesn't count
unknown.png
must be an old screenshot

in my game it shows only building production