• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild GB Goods - Let player decide which age to produce

DeletedUser1418

As you know, with most of the active players usually in the latest age, owning GB producing goods for their guilds of their current age, the coffins are overflowing with useless goods, as there is no use for them.

Although a "minute use" have been found in Expeditions for Lvl 3 and above - few updates back, the amounts being produced by these GB's far exceeds the needs, rendering the Arc's, Atomiums and Observatory productions useless.

I suggest that players playing in the last 2 ages should be allowed to choose for which age they want to produce guild goods: eg: a player in oceanic has the option to produce Tomorrow or later goods for their guilds. Put a switch in those GB's!

Think about this guys, with my 5 years experience as player I can only foresee irritations as the guild coffins grow without any forecast what to do with half a million goods of the last age....

DeletedUser3741

no way, it will destroy even more the GvG
big guilds will have tons of goods in lower eras than

I agree. That can be the end of the already dead GvG.
Plus imagine a small group of high level Arc, Atomium etc "players" joining "friendly guilds" every week and fill treasuries with any needed age goods. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1418

GvG was never designed for small guilds....
GvG is dead because of advancement and non-production of goods in the era's that needs "living"....
Big guilds have already inventory stockpiled to protect whatever they have....

No, these GB's now has no real function towards the guild other than stockpiling useless goods towards the treasury, and secondly - a waste of city space.

Lionhead

Baronet
If GvG is dead because of advancement and non-production of goods, it´s a guild and it´s members own fault, not the attributes of certain GB´s.
If guilds with all advanced players want to partake in GvG in lower ages, they should have to put in an effort and coordinate goods production.
The top guild on my main, has 68 sectors on the AA-map, only because they have Arc in level ridicilous and higher, and as a result has millions of Medals for sieges and unlocking of defensive slots.
I certainly don´t want them to get to a 68-sector level on all other maps with that kind of ease an option to choose goods output from Arcs, Atoms and Obs´es would give them. If they and other guilds want to fight GvG under "their age" it shouldn´t be possible unless they put in the effort and produce the goods themselves.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4256

GvG is dying or died bcos Inno is just letting it die
Does anyone remember when it was the last fix or improvement made on it?
They decided not to open more GvG maps when released AF era (we should ask them why) but a final All Ages GvG map based on medals precisely for the goods thing

GvG is too complex for them and it has been always a big problem for their overhelmed servers, better for them to leave this feature and focusing the efforts on new stuff like achievements, taverns, mini-events and so on.
This is what I've been seeing all this time

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I suggest that players playing in the last 2 ages should be allowed to choose for which age they want to produce guild goods: eg: a player in oceanic has the option to produce Tomorrow or later goods for their guilds. Put a switch in those GB's!

I'm not sure such an implementation would help to revice GvG, but I do understand your point of view.

Just from the top of my mind:
• what if it would be some kind of tavern option to temporarily change the age (e.g. minus 1 or 2 ages) for "GB's producing guild goods" ?

I really haven't thought this through and appreciate any thoughts on this, maybe it is just a plain silly suggestion... ;)

Last edited:

Miepie

Baronet
There are many reasons why GvG doesn't function very well, first one is the performance during prime time. All Ages is the worst by far but other era's can also be like walking through thick mud, not fun. Main problem there is in the army management, also the reason why I no longer bother attacking my neighbors on my main world, loading the army just takes too long. The costs of GvG are only a small part of it. With a little bit of planning and a little bit more patience that one is easily overcome. Not being able to point farm really has nothing to do with it, that is still happening, only on a smaller scale, and fortunately it's only a minority of the players who are interested in gaining those "not really deserved points". And about hose "haters", if they were forced to use real units for their sieges instead of spearmen, they'd be less enthousiastic I suspect. Even with a very high Alca there is a limit to the amount of units you can get n a daily basis but training a spearman takes 20 seconds. But the lack of new era's and the final era working with medals is, in my eyes, the biggest mistake inno ever made with the GvG. Too bad they can't see it for themselves, or maybe they can and they just don't care.

Miepie

Baronet
There are very few players with hundreds of thousand fights on the dutch servers, a quick search brings me on an average of 1 per world (that's a very small minority). I myself on the other hand have about 40thousand fights and I don't do pointfarming. I got those fights attacking neighbors and other guilds on the GvG, so you're exeggarating a little bit here

Miepie

Baronet
I'm not sure why you think I lack experience but I seriously doubt you have more. And once again I don't pointfarm, I don't fight to gain ranking points on the GvG map, i fight to win or defend sectors for my guild. Believe me, that's much more fun

DeletedUser4229

so, to summarize, fights on gvg should not give points, only owning sectors should bring benefits.

ZENA

Marquis
i think the old system must come back
the guilds points it calculate by the guilds members points combined
i think thy can make a separate one for guilds that do gvg
then if u do decide to do gvg the members of that guild then pay for it
like a fee to do tournaments

DeletedUser7529

Most GvG action takes place on all ages map and future era. Currently guilds encourage players to stay in future era so their GB produce useful goods for GvG. But there are more and more events and techs available depletes fast...
Once player switches to arctic future all theirs GB producing goods for guild becomes useless.
This is main reason why lower ages maps are dead.

GvG really needs some huge improvements - its most interesting feature of game but it looks like devs abandoned that area.
Changing GB age of goods produced would allow guilds to battle also in lower ages. But to compensate amount of goods produced should be greatly lowered. Lev 80 arc produces 160 of each good - 800 total per day. Insane amount.
Also sieges cost should be flattened. Currently when big guild wants to battle - easiest solution is to.. leave guild and form satellite guild to do battles. Thats really stupid game mechanic.
Siege costs should start at ie 50-100 of each good when without sectors (instead of 5 now). Max costs should be around 500-1000 of each good (at that point costs dont increase any more with more sectors owned).

Siege mechanics also needs serious improvements - 'who clicks faster with better comp/net' with putting siege / defensive army is terrible solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7779

Ya'll have a point but what killed GvG in the first place is the LAG! It's been almost an year now and Inno has done absolutely nothing to improve the performance. Just about an year ago I was the fastest sieger in guild and one of the quickest on server and now game freezes for over a minute every time when siege is placed. But not only that, replacing defense at reset is absolutely impossible which used to be a key point when defending. This is surely not fun and main reason why i rarely do GvG anymore.
A few months ago we had like at least 10 heavy hitters at reset, now we barely have 2 or 3. Everyone is quitting because it's just not fun anymore.
Second thing that killed GvG is the AA map.
1) because it costs medals (players with high level Arcs can get almost unlimited amount of medals, while the Arcs themselves produce limited amount of goods per day)
2) because (like others mentioned) any tile in AA can be sieged or filled with spears. Where's the fun in that? Not only that sieges cost medals (cheapest resource to get), but also they can be filled with the cheapest troops with the least recruiting time. Has anyone from Inno bothered to siege and take a tile filled with 80 spears? Well let me tell you. It's extremely boring and time consuming. No wonder that people champ farm the AA map.

@Whiskey-s I'd disagree with you. I don't know what server you play, but on the US server we got plenty of people with 30-40K fights who don't farm. I myself have like 35K. Our guild founder is at over 70K battles and none of them is from farming. Our guild rarely or never farms. We just fight a lot ;)

Edit:
@pcsurgeon
I actually wanted to respond to your proposal but got carried away replying to other comments lol.
In 1 word - no. Like others mentioned, this would only make strong guilds stronger and will encourage high Arc players to guild hop all the time.
A slight modification to your idea might work though.
For example something like allow treasury goods production to change only once per month but if you do it the other GB bonus is reduced by 50%.
So if an Arc at 80% contribution boost changed goods production, it will only get 40% boost for a month. Atomium - happiness reduced by 50% for a month. Observatory - no change needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanmay11

Regent
the lag is frustrating, when we used to do GvG i had to refresh every 10-15 battles(memory leaks still haven't been fixed).
i farmed quite a lot but i gave up as i got tired of clickin and i dont bother about the rankings as well now.
also to the people who think that releasing new maps for each age will somehow revive gvg instead of an all age map just doesnt make sense to me tbh. coz all it did was increase the activity on maps until all sectors were conquered, and again it went dead. you can do the same thing on AA map anyway...

DeletedUser7779

the lag is frustrating, when we used to do GvG i had to refresh every 10-15 battles(memory leaks still haven't been fixed).
i farmed quite a lot but i gave up as i got tired of clickin and i dont bother about the rankings as well now.
also to the people who think that releasing new maps for each age will somehow revive gvg instead of an all age map just doesnt make sense to me tbh. coz all it did was increase the activity on maps until all sectors were conquered, and again it went dead. you can do the same thing on AA map anyway...
Not really, AA lags like hell, every time i open it even during the day I have the feeling that game would boot me. (it has happened a few times - game freeze on map load).
If there were separate maps for each Era, maps wouldn't be so overloaded and wouldn't lag so much. Check FE or TE for example. Lag is much better there, sometimes even no lag at all. That would bring back the fun eventually.
And also like someone mentioned in another post, AA map will eventually make AF troops and above obsolete. Not many fight or defend with AF troops atm and soon they will be completely useless. When next era is released OF troops will have to be dumped. And what about all the peeps who are in AF atm? They can't fight AA (or fight at a huge cost) because it'd be filled with OF troops if not spears. Seems to me that they're in a terrible position and very disadvantaged as they need their AF barracks (for GE, cmap, hood), but are restricted in GVG because they can fight only in lower eras.

Tanmay11

Regent
Not really, AA lags like hell, every time i open it even during the day I have the feeling that game would boot me. (it has happened a few times - game freeze on map load).
If there were separate maps for each Era, maps wouldn't be so overloaded and wouldn't lag so much. Check FE or TE for example. Lag is much better there, sometimes even no lag at all. That would bring back the fun eventually.
And also like someone mentioned in another post, AA map will eventually make AF troops and above obsolete. Not many fight or defend with AF troops atm and soon they will be completely useless. When next era is released OF troops will have to be dumped. And what about all the peeps who are in AF atm? They can't fight AA (or fight at a huge cost) because it'd be filled with OF troops if not spears. Seems to me that they're in a terrible position and very disadvantaged as they need their AF barracks (for GE, cmap, hood), but are restricted in GVG because they can fight only in lower eras.
the issue is with army management window not the AA map.
if you notice on age specific maps the army management window sets the "age filter" to the respective ages.
but on AA map even if we set it to a particular age(which makes it smooth as other ages) the window forgets the setting after exiting the window.
so now the window has to load units of all ages again instead of one particular age that user wants. which terribly slows down fighting

this change has been suggested quite a few time...but they wont listen.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7779

the issue is with army management window not the AA map.
if you notice on age specific maps the army management window sets the "age filter" to the respective ages.
but on AA map even if we set it to a particular age(which makes it smooth as other ages) the window forgets the setting after exiting the window.
so now the window has to load units of all ages again instead of one particular age that user wants. which terribly slows down fighting

this change has been suggested quite a few time...but they wont listen.
Exellent point. This will not fix the memory leaks nor the lag, but it will surely reduce it and make AA map playable. I know it's been suggested many times, even our guild founder proposed it officially some time ago. I can't understand inno, they already have the filter set to remember attached or unattached troops, is it really so hard to copy paste the code and change it to remember the selected era as well?
Very very disappointing..

Tanmay11

Regent
I can't understand inno, they already have the filter set to remember attached or unattached troops, is it really so hard to copy paste the code and change it to remember the selected era as well?
Very very disappointing..
i dunno whats the issue....this also makes fighting on continent map and GE a pain in the.... the lagg is so frustrating, i sometimes end up negotiating even if i can fight through.

DeletedUser4229

Being able to set a GB to produce for a certain age appeals to me. Not just for the guild chest - GB's, but for ones own stock as well.
point farming is easy to solve. just make it impossible for a guild to retake a sector it has released for a week. (like you cannot return to a guild for a week).
and make points not for fighting in GvG but for owning sectors.