• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Forum Removal

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
On the 25th of March we will be removing the Guild Forum on the Beta market.
You can read all about it here.

Well, some of the features we'll loose have an (less good) equivalent now. Others are neither available nor in sight.

Thus, we'll be backing up everything to some external forum. It appears to be a complete waste of time to explain again and again why this step makes usability much worse for guilds that have a high level of help & conversation.

Dan 77

Squire
What?? Your list at the end of the announcement contains NOTHING very new to Message Center (we know it everything long time ago and in the last feedback we wanted something extra to manage posts and conversations).
And also, ALMOST NOTHING in the list has anything common with Guild Forum...

What about colors? Formatting? Clickable links? Removing the limit of characters per one message in the Guild forum tab (I hope it will be a new tab)? Description for any conversation under its name? Possibility to hide a topic for players which haven't right named "Trusty"? Possibity to remove certain problem-making guild member from certain conversation? What about fixing some grafic defects in the new message centre? And so on...

Why didn't you implement anything from our latest feedback (besides editing/removing our own post)? :( Did you even read it? As @Dudettas wrote, you wanted some extra feedback, so...
(I wrote an extra feedback, which was in vain - at the end of topic)
(in the beginning) And finally, which the guild rights like "Trusty" and "Notifier" will be for? We still don't know it.

Last edited:

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
sincerely
I do not understand why
you ask for our opinion
since even if the majority
has the opposite opinion
after some time you will do
what you had decided from the beginning

Sorry for the English
is by automatic translation
the text in Greek

Ειλικρινα δεν εχω καταλαβει για ποιον λογο ζητατε την γνωμη μας
αφου ακομη και εαν η πλειοψηφια εχει αντιθετη αποψη
μετα απο καποιο χρονικο διαστημα θα κανετε αυτο που απο την αρχη ειχατε αποφασισει

jovada

Regent
Are you sure you want feedback from us ???

PvP arena first time we received answer that we are not representative enough and that you have strong positive feedback from other sources.

RQ we received answer that it was not a bug , and our feedback meant nothing because two weeks later it came on the live servers and then it rained complaints worldwide.

So my question is: are the feedbacks we provide of any value or are you just waiting reactions from the live servers?

Julian24

Viceroy
Are you sure you want feedback from us ???

PvP arena first time we received answer that we are not representative enough and that you have strong positive feedback from other sources.

RQ we received answer that it was not a bug , and our feedback meant nothing because two weeks later it came on the live servers and then it rained complaints worldwide.

So my question is: are the feedbacks we provide of any value or are you just waiting reactions from the live servers?
Yes, because there are not just bad things:

PvP Arena was taken back to the drawing board and now is here as an improved version, because of beta feedback.

RQ delay was a miscommunication, it just took time to notice, that it was actually a bug. This had nothing to do with beta/live feedback.

Guild forum removal was taken back once because of feedback and is back, now that we have some new functions for the message center (like infinite important messages) that we can easily copy everything important over.

Sure, there is always room for improvement and inno did some major mistakes the last couple of weeks, but it does not mean, that our feedback is not heard.

It is also important how we give the feedback. I can understand if someone is annoyed by a bug/mistake/bad implementation, but if we don't give constructive feedback the forum is seen as a place, were just hate comments are. Then we are not valued as much as statistics. Then we don't have to be surprised, if inno does not listen to forum feedback...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Inno is in the services sector. Either they learn how to take customer feedback and use it to improve the marketability and attractiveness of the services they provide their customers, or they flop.

Yes, it is always good if customers are constructive and respectful in how they give feedback, but only from the perspective that that is what any human should strive to do: be civil and polite.

From the standpoint of maintaining a profitable business, ignoring customer feedback is self-defeating in the extreme.

I doubt Inno is incapable of separating out unmerited snark, from real anger that is directly due to bad business decisions. I hope not, for Inno's sake. Frankly, if Inno can’t see that a large number of passionate complaints about their offered services is not a urgent problem to quickly address, they deserve to fail.

Dan 77

Squire
Of course I haven't metioned here before the unlimited number of guild threads marked as important. So far, we had only 2 imporant guild threads and now even 3 :D, we don't need them more, even if all rest guild threads are often used. Well, it's not sufficient to manage texts and threads.
And also thread for "admistrators"... but that is practically unusefull and bugs have found there, the main is that the conversation can be often seen by all guild members. :rolleyes:
So I think there wasn't any great progress in improving Message Center - it definitely isn't prepared to move our guild forums there! o_O A long way is still in front of you. But we know long time that you implement news half-done... only events are mostly implemented fully-done.

Guild forum removal was taken back once because of feedback and is back, now that we have some new functions for the message center (like infinite important messages) that we can easily copy everything important over.
Well, we can have some more messages that live forever, ok. We can have a "Admin only" group, that causes "you hav e a new ingame PN" in the Android App.

Dan77 wrote down some of the other things that are not available - but somewhat required to replace the forum. Nothing of these things is in sight; not counting other functions such as "Delete other user's messages", ...

Sure, there is always room for improvement and inno did some major mistakes the last couple of weeks, but it does not mean, that our feedback is not heard.

The question is not if they hear the feedback. The question is if they learn from it. And no, I don't have that feeling now. The're cherry-picking some things they've implemented and try to sell this now as "look how good these are", hoping that noone will remember the words written some months ago.

Honestly speaking: It would be ok for me if they say "We don't give a sh** on what you said, we must turn it off for some management decision". But it's NOT ok to try to sell it as if the feedback was taken seriously.

Claus20

Merchant
You made the wrong decision. I hope you think better before putting it into practice.
GVG cannot be played on mobile either. What do you do with GVG? Will you remove it? Or do you put it in the new multifunctional message center?

However, the new changes in GVG benefit even more macro users.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Absolutely zero of the key points presented in the last round of this similar announcements feedback were addressed - so why the push to remove it again?

The message center is not capable of holding formatted 'documents' that can be edited by multiple players with moderator rights thus it is not useful as an evolving information thread which is what the forums were used for.

Ah, well, I figured this would be the outcome so the guild I'm a member of already moved everything to google docs. This is not ideal for anything that should be guild internal or guild leadership only, but works fine for the majority of our docs which are about helping people be effective players in GE, GvG, and GbG.

As for 'admin' threads - what was the point behind that? Guilds need a leadership thread, a GbG leader thread, GvG leaders (for some), and then an admin thread all of which work perfectly in social via invitation. Why make a system that would roll anyone with a responsibility into a special 'admin' thread which breaks within 24 hours and becomes a guild thread? Please do not spend any cycles fixing it as there is no need for it, just remove it.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What I can't understand is the goals of Innogames!

If they have decided to abolish the forums (either for fairness for the players on the application, or to save computer resources) why then keep a GvG in which only 5% of the players participate?
Why eliminate PVP towers instead of just withdrawing the winnings?
Why add additional mechanisms to events that have already been run, such as the Spring calendar, to the detriment of the resource cost of our computing devices.

They would do better to improve what is already in place, fix some lingering bugs and try to implement some suggestions that have been requested for years.

Dan 77

Squire
If they have decided to abolish the forums (either for fairness for the players on the application, or to save computer resources) why then keep a GvG in which only 5% of the players participate?
They would do better to improve what is already in place, fix some lingering bugs and try to implement some suggestions that have been requested for years.
Or simply add guild forum to mobile app. It's also requested for many years.
But after these many years they have decided to remove it without an adequate substitute. Oh, well done developpers!! :p

Global/Neighbourhood/Guild Chat has also been added to mobile app... (And I omit that it's only half-done again, bad unification: longer history than in browser version and missing possibility to read whispering.)

Last edited: