• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Forum Removal

but the pvp arena isn't cancelled
it is only turned off to make it better

how can Inmo improve a removal ?
There are some fantastic ideas out there for PVP. GBG for your hood on a GVG sized map? That sounds awesome. You have to literally fight people, use intelligence and skill for great reward. Solves all of the problems of PVP arena. We'll probably end up with drunk winny the pooh instead.

Anyways, adios forums.

Owl II

Emperor
Guild forums and message center are tools used for different tasks. The message center is needed for communication. The forum used as a repository of information. This is uncomfortably because the forum is not available in the mobile app. But it is not possible at all to store information in the message center. At least not now. Anyway those who care have long been using external storage (social networks, messengers, websites, etc.). So no big trouble will happen, I think

Unfortunately, it was not possible to make the existing Guild forums accessible on the App.

So if I understand this correctly... Guild forum had to go, because it was not possible to add it to app? I hope you will not remove diamond collection from PC since we are asking you to add this to app for ages and still not a single word about it...

Moderator note: removed swearing

Last edited by a moderator:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The Guild forum removal is still planned to take place. Unfortunately, it was not possible to make the existing Guild forums accessible on the App.
Should we then expect a forthcoming removal of GvG for the same reason (... accessible on the App)?

Last edited:

conqueror9

Regent
Forum and Message center are 2 completely different features

Message center composed of recent message, recent guild instruction, recent guild direction...it is instant update...message get push ....and even push to rubbish bin
as loading a message will take a long time if it is too big

Forum are composed of pact-agreement with other guild, friendly guild list... past event quest list
past experience of "how to play a event"
record of "how to progress a city" and which soldier should be mainly used in which age
it is a good training article for young player in a guild to read/study ....as they can have articles to help
unlike message center, it is a clear and simple and un-delete-able area (except guild forum moderator delete it ) and all can be keep for life of a guild

Guild do not use it, it is those guild issue ...

A well-developed guild will have its guild forum properly organized to help young player who immedialtey know
it contain long-term goal, long term instruction, long term direction
who is freindly guild, who is enemy guild.....
guild's goal in GE, GvG and GBG
possible any reason that guild is doing something strange.......

Last edited by a moderator:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Still no information on messaging improvements?
If Inno persists in not discussing with the player-testers, how can he hope to find a suitable improvement?
It is imperative that Inno discusses with us instead of correcting each time it implements a thoughtless novelty.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I have forwarded on your feedback from this thread, so if you have further suggestions, please do add them to this thread.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I have removed some comments as they were not relevant to the Guild Forum. Please use this opportunity to feedback on what you feel is necessary to be incorporated into the Message Center in order to allow integration with the message center. For example, who should have editing/deletions rights? What kind of external links do you have? Is it a link to an external blog/database?

angelgail

Baronet
Guild forums and message center are tools used for different tasks. The message center is needed for communication. The forum used as a repository of information. This is uncomfortably because the forum is not available in the mobile app. But it is not possible at all to store information in the message center. At least not now. Anyway those who care have long been using external storage (social networks, messengers, websites, etc.). So no big trouble will happen, I think
i use the fourms a lot no acsess to other places an when needed i copy an post to the guild

Dan 77

Squire
Please use this opportunity to feedback on what you feel is necessary to be incorporated into the Message Center in order to allow integration with the message center. For example, who should have editing/deletions rights? What kind of external links do you have? Is it a link to an external blog/database?
Answers to your examples:
- Definitely moderators.
- Official FoE Wiki and FoE Forum (game already marks also this as a spam in messages outside of guild, haha), inofficial Fandom Wikia, many external links to useful websites or links to screenshots.

Another ideas based on Guild Forum funkcionalities:
- Individual tabs in Guild Forum can now be intended for differently large circles of players, but Message centre doesn't allow that. Or will the Trusted right be only for GvG?
- Will Message Center conversations continue to be sorted by last message date or by importance?
- Unlimited number of characters (no need to send longer texts divided into several messages which is confusing now).
- Hyperlinks that would be enough to click on.
- Text formatting (color, bold, italic, etc.).
- Option to search for text using Ctrl+F or F3.

Ideas based on Message Center inadequate grafics or settings:
- Which is the Notifier right now for?
- Why we can't turn on/off mobile notifications for each guild thread separately?
- Thread names are very confusing. When I'm looking for a specific one, the search takes me unnecessarily long. Why is the date and time on the same line as the topic name itself - and also in bold? Then look for something... Before it was better laid out, the date and time belong to the player's name and to the preview of the last message on the second line. What we do now to have guild threads more searchable? We have put on a keyboard "space" manytimes to the end of all thread names! :)
- The same applies to individual messages: the date, time and name are sufficient to have it down and in lower case. Let simply the message start with the text...
- Messages from one player should be "snapped" to each other as before... it is then clearer what everything one player wrote in a row and when the messages of another player start. This is how one sometimes wonders where a series of messages that can be assigned to one avatar ends and where another begins.
- The fact that the size of monochrome bubbles depends on the size of the text does not contribute to the clarity in individual posts. In connection with previous points it's sometimes very confusing...
- Some elements such as attachments or fonts are unnecessarily large. If you want to have it really this big, then enlarge the avatars and names of threads (approx. 1.5 times), whether it is at least unified or appropriately hierarchized, just let it be meaningfully designed. But I'd rather not, because it's already too big.
- Why is the message overview in a small version that you have to focus your eyes, but as soon as I open a specific message/conversation, there is text and most elements in a completely different size, that on the contrary I have to look at it from a distance?? When I get used to one, I can't get used to the size of the other and vice versa.
- Why is the first message always framed on each page of messages?? Is it like a remnant that the pinned thread "guild: XYZ" was originally on every page? But when it's not there, put the box away, that's just confusing now...
- When someone from the guild leadership (shouldn't every "notifier" have the option?) marks a thread as "important", that thread should be pinned at the top just below the "guild: XYZ" thread. The gold bar is fine, but it's not enough, I think.
- Unify the guild thread controls into one icon - why are the functions in the upper left divided into two icons?
- In the Guild section, not every member should be able to create threads. I do not understand the meaning of such a change for the worse, that's for each member had more freedom? Let him use already available threads or lets him create it in the social section.
- Players with the "notifier" privilege should be able to intervene in guild threads only (or later also moderators). Now anyone can delete an entire thread for the whole guild at any time! So it hasn't happened in our guild yet, but I read that it has already happened elsewhere, and only by mistake...
- Guild members with the "notifier" right should also be able to remove someone from the guild fibers individually. Sometimes it is of great practical importance. Thus, if someone is constantly messing up something (unintentionally or even purposefully), the only way to get the person out of the thread will be to expel him from the guild.

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
One very easy addition to the messages area would be to put in a "Notes" section where a player could keep many of the items the current forum is used for. Not a complete fix in any way but a nice first step.

Again we ask for what use to be done. That is a dedicated developer instead of the receptionist answering our questions...