• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Forum Removal

jovada

Regent
It's all app what the clock sounds all over the world, they decided that the pocket computer called smart phone is the place to be, people must be able to play games , watch tv etc... while driving the car or as pedestrian traversing a road, hey they contribute about the surpopulation creating more deadly accidents hahaha and they probably make more money via the app.

But all jokes aside , can anyone denie that playing via the app is only 10% of gameplay satisfaction that we experience on pc or laptop???

So why are pc and laptopplayers always put aside for the past features and coming features ??

I have passed on your feedback, and when I have an update I will let you know.

Well, please pass an addition feedback: Its absolutely ridiculous to accounce this on live servers before even trying to give feedback to beta players. This is really a shame, and also a masterpiece of "how destroy a communities trust"

Nessie

Baronet
It's all app what the clock sounds all over the world, they decided that the pocket computer called smart phone is the place to be, people must be able to play games , watch tv etc... while driving the car or as pedestrian traversing a road, hey they contribute about the surpopulation creating more deadly accidents hahaha and they probably make more money via the app.

But all jokes aside , can anyone denie that playing via the app is only 10% of gameplay satisfaction that we experience on pc or laptop???

So why are pc and laptopplayers always put aside for the past features and coming features ??

It`s not even 10% of gameplay satisfaction!

jovada

Regent
Another slap in our faces , without a single answer on our feedback they announce 5 october on the live servers. They lost completely the feeling with the base (us players)
But maybe they announce it again on the EN server and other live servers to receive feedback cause just like pvp tower our feedback on the beta is not representive for the community

CrashBoom

Legend
guild forum
the 2nd most useless thing in the game

the must useless thing is the ranking :D
so should be removed next o_O

Dan 77

Squire
Of course they don't need a lot of feedback on the removal. There's nothing to test and they aldready know how many players use the guild forum. Most people won't even notice its removal because they don't know it exists.
So they don't also need to ask the feedback, or am I wrong?
But in my opinion:
There are many ways how to deal with that low usage (certainly more logical ways than deleting something just because it has never been added to the later mobile app, so that the app and the browser version will be fiiiinally a bit united :) ) - but if to deal with it thought the new message centre (one of the worse side of ways), it should be only after a further huge improvement of message centre, not in this reverse order... You maybe want to players have as many work with their forums as possible??
And we STILL don't know (in any oficial way) what will become to guild rights "Trusty", "Moderator"or "Notifier". What a key detail...
And will also GvG be deleted just because it has never been added to the mobile app? Or even one-click collection for 5 diamonds? I would really like to know that because I use both. Thank you.

Last edited:
I do believe the GvG will be deleted, @Dan 77. When not enough players use something, this something cannot survive. Inno won't keep features that have a cost and are not used by most.

I do understand how inconvenient this removal is for some people but I fear they're just too few to be listened on this point. Many hated the Arena and were furious but most players just don't care about the guild forum.

Dan 77

Squire
I do believe the GvG will be deleted, @Dan 77. When not enough players use something, this something cannot survive. Inno won't keep features that have a cost and are not used by most.
I understand it and I believe it too, but:
- As I know, some players still play FoE almost only for GvG, they would probably end their game (well, there aren't so many of them, but they are).
- So why Inno recently improved GvG (finally fixed some bugs, figting became more fluent without delays etc.)? And why Inno hasn't deleted GvG before, i.e. after releasing GBG?
- GBG is ACTIVELY played by only a few guilds on each server (part of the diamond league), the most guilds do almost nothing in their GBG map and the league system probably wasn't designed for that and for the 90 % guilds which are still staying in bronze league without activity. So GBG isn't so much better than GvG, I think.
- If I have Alcatraz lvl 120, also 2× Timeless Dojo lvl 5, 1× Governor's villa lvl 9, Royal Bathhouse lvl 6 and all unit-producing emissaries, then I can never use all those units during GBG, because fights are quite easy for an autobattle, and when they stop to be, I lose autobattles and I have to stop fighting (I don't fight manually because of time). I can't even exhaust them in GvG aside by fighting itself, I need setting siege armies and defensive armies to exhaust my daily army and then I still will have backup units in stock which usually consists of units of all elder eras... WHERE I would use my units then, when there wouldn't be the GvG?

I do understand how inconvenient this removal is for some people but I fear they're just too few to be listened on this point. Many hated the Arena and were furious but most players just don't care about the guild forum.
It's also because it has never been added to the mobile app. If the guild forum had been in the mobile app, more guilds would have used it and more players would have watch there (to the present times). Maybe if the forum is to be added to the app now, it will be used more then, but who knows... Many guilds have to substitute the missing forum in the app by its own way just because developpers didn't provided it as in-game.
But if the guild forum should be moved to the message center, then the message center should adopt many functionalities, BBcodes etc. - ideally already before the guilds are forced to move their forum to prevent deleting...

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Farmer
The guild Forum is a great way to inform your guild members about anything they need to know about the game and the guild they are in.

Moderator note - removed developer and moderator bashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owl II

Emperor
It is possible GVG will follow the Guild forum. Тhen will be no team gameplay in FOE. Not really though. GB leveling in the team will be available yet

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
The Guild forum removal is still planned to take place. Unfortunately, it was not possible to make the existing Guild forums accessible on the App.

I continue to forward your feedback so that we can look into additional features to be implemented into the Message Center, but I do not yet know if or how many of these suggestions will be implemented.

Tigertjheu

Squire
The Guild forum removal is still planned to take place. Unfortunately, it was not possible to make the existing Guild forums accessible on the App.

I continue to forward your feedback so that we can look into additional features to be implemented into the Message Center, but I do not yet know if or how many of these suggestions will be implemented.
That is outrageous! Listen to your players! Or do wee need to collect 5000 signatures to stop the removal??

That is outrageous! Listen to your players! Or do wee need to collect 5000 signatures to stop the removal??
You need 100 pages of feedback like the PVP thread had. ;)

Neutral on this because I never used it but was shocked and confused and bordered on angry at why this was being done.

Emberguard

Emperor
I understand it and I believe it too, but:
- As I know, some players still play FoE almost only for GvG, they would probably end their game (well, there aren't so many of them, but they are).
- So why Inno recently improved GvG (finally fixed some bugs, figting became more fluent without delays etc.)? And why Inno hasn't deleted GvG before, i.e. after releasing GBG?
[...]

It's also because it has never been added to the mobile app. If the guild forum had been in the mobile app, more guilds would have used it and more players would have watch there (to the present times).[...]
you need 5000 users who use it at least once a week :rolleyes:
I'm just guessing here, but it's possible the impact of GvG is a lot more obvious than that of Guild Forum. Those that participate in GvG are there daily and it's constantly brought up by players as something they're passionate about. Like CrashBoom brings up, _if_ most guilds that actually use Guild Forums barely touch it for weeks, months or maybe even a year at a time that likely brings into question whether that feature is actually necessary to the game and what worth it holds to those that utilize it. It starts to resemble more of a hoarder holding onto something "just in case" then something of real value.

And here's the interesting part, the Guild Forums suit GvG. I wouldn't be surprised if it was designed with GvG in mind. There's a feature in there that would allow multiple guilds to participate in the same message thread. You can also pop out the Guild Forum into its own window so you can view the chat in there while doing GvG. But I rarely hear much about those features when discussion of Guild Forums comes up.

I agree with the comments saying there are a lot of useful features in Guild Forums that should be integrated into the main Message Center. I think what Guild Forums suffers from the most aside from mobile not having access to it is that it's split from the Message Center. They're different sure and they both have unique values, but they're close enough that (at least for me anyway) they end up competing with each other for your attention.