• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Forum Removal

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please leave any feedback for the Guild Forum Removal below.
You can find all the details here
Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

Borowski

Squire
We have certain information in the Forum only for guild leaders (diplomacy e.g.).
What would be absolutely necessary: let us mark also messages in social as important, otherwise we have a real problem and would need an external forum to keep this confidential information!

Macha

Squire
this is such a completely ridiculous change
guild leaders & founders are good at adapting & i'm sure that they already use the message function for current guild stuff, however this game has been going for over 8 years & some guilds have been about for nearly that long, a lot of guild history is contained within guild forums & the thought of having to move or lose it all for apparently no good or logical reason is shocking & makes absolutely no sense

Artubar

Baronet
Yeah, remove another good feature instead of making it available to app players as well... :rolleyes:

Benefits of the guild forum which the message system can't provide:
  • genuine clickable hyperlinks
  • font formatting (color, bold, italic, ..)
  • edit posts (correcting, completing)
  • delete single posts (eg spam or outdated vacancies)
  • post long texts without having to split them up into multiple messages
  • create multiple, individual subforums with individual access permissions (in the message system we have in fact only one "forum" Guild which is automatically accessible to all guild members)
  • explicitly subscribe to some topics or forums - and only for new posts in those the notifier is flashing
  • persistence! There are a lot of threads like guild rules, trade guidelines, LB support instructions, tool and info link collections - should we mark all of them as important just to have them at hand in 61 days? or should we recreate them every 59 days? Huh, new position in guilds - the thread saver!

Artubar

Baronet
I do understand why people who use the guild forum are angry but many guilds don't use it anymore. This removal won't change anything for me, and it's probably the same for most players. I think many players don't even know there's a guild forum.
Yeah, but it won't change anything either if it stays, does it? ^^
It's like closing public baths when you don't swim; or closing motorways when you don't have a driver's licence. You don't use them while they're there, but others do, and they're no disadvantage to you.
(Ok, one could argue about motorways...)

Last edited:

shooter

Merchant
I believe the transfer of information with current limits on length of messages, lines and breaks, would make that job prohibitive. It is more messages in the mail area causing more overload there? Forums have Topics, outside links, colors, many things a message would not adequately replace. My home Guild is an older Guild, we have much documented. Seven years of history. I don't understand at all just throwing it up all jumbled under 1 guild tab?

Yeah, but it won't change anything either if it stays, does it? ^^
It's like closing public baths when you don't swim; or closing motorways when you don't have a driver's licence. You don't use them while they're there, but others do, and they're no disadvantage to you.
(Ok, one could argue about motorways...)
Like any infrastructure, the guild forums consume resources to be maintained. If too few people are using this feature, its cost is no longer justified. Of course, it's an inconvenience for the users but how many are they?

slicky

Farmer
stupid idea
"Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! " there is only the possibility of marking 5 entries as important, and important topics cannot be copied into a message, as the lines are limited.

to delete something more idiotic than the guild forum, foe has probably not thought of
to be able to take over the guild forum in the news 1: 1 would make sense, if so

slicky

Farmer
stupid idea
"Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! " there is only the possibility of marking 5 entries as important, and important topics cannot be copied into a message, as the lines are limited.

to delete something more idiotic than the guild forum, foe has probably not thought of
to be able to take over the guild forum in the news 1: 1 would make sense, if so
and my guild is an old guild in germany, we have many notice that we don't want to lose

slicky

Farmer
Yeah, remove another good feature instead of making it available to app players as well... :rolleyes:

Benefits of the guild forum which the message system can't provide:
  • genuine clickable hyperlinks
  • font formatting (color, bold, italic, ..)
  • edit posts (correcting, completing)
  • delete single posts (eg spam or outdated vacancies)
  • post long texts without having to split them up into multiple messages
  • create multiple, individual subforums with individual access permissions (in the message system we have in fact only one "forum" Guild which is automatically accessible to all guild members)
  • explicitly subscribe to some topics or forums - and only for new posts in those the notifier is flashing
  • persistence! There are a lot of threads like guild rules, trade guidelines, LB support instructions, tool and info link collections - should we mark all of them as important just to have them at hand in 61 days? or should we recreate them every 59 days? Huh, new position in guilds - the thread saver!
I fully agree with you, this idea is totally stupid

slicky

Farmer
this is such a completely ridiculous change
guild leaders & founders are good at adapting & i'm sure that they already use the message function for current guild stuff, however this game has been going for over 8 years & some guilds have been about for nearly that long, a lot of guild history is contained within guild forums & the thought of having to move or lose it all for apparently no good or logical reason is shocking & makes absolutely no sense
i also find so , old guilds lost a many of historical infos