• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Guild Expeditions - Visual is forcing to the left at the end of an encounter!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Troubleshooting
Cleared Cache. I don't do other browsers as this is a dedicated network that uses Google products.
Note: I can't seem to find the post I had in relation to this issue (was it deleted?) I had placed for a bug report. So, I am going to create a new one! If it's found, please let me know of it. Also, I had indicated that the previous issue was forcing the screen pan to the center. This is not correct. The correct statement is below:

When I do an encounter on GE, right after the encounter (going on the right side as I had to pan over) is done, the screen view jerks to the left. This keeps happening each time I do an encounter (only happens with GE encounters on the right as the left is okay) on the right side (and after manually panning to the right so I can get to it).

Steps outlined below (in visual form):

1649976525942.png
Step 1: Manually panned to the center of the map (should be intentional).

1649976616419.png
Step 2: Clicked on the encounter in GE (the one with the arrow pointed down). The choice buttons are way out of alignment. They should be aligned next to the quest encounter.

1649976766458.png
Step 3: I clicked on the "attack" button (I like to fight in the first 3 levels, negotiate in the last) and the troop screen comes up on center (intentional as it should be).

1649976895387.png
Step 4: Yay! I win! Battle result shows up (as intended). Just wait for it...

1649977026305.png
Step 5: What the Aflac duck (sorry, but he was my favorite bird)!? GE result screen pops up right after it forced the view to the left.

In short, just by doing one GE on the right side of the map after a player pans it in the middle automatically pans it back to the left. It gets worse as the player goes for the last 4 GE encounters of a level as they have to keep moving the map to the right to access those encounters.

Final Note: This doesn't happen in the app version of the game. In fact, in the app version, you can zoom in and out of GE and on the browser version it shows as fully zoomed in. In the app version, you can do a GE encounter and the screen won't jerk to the left like the browser version. Due to the limits (data size) of the forum attachments, each image is at 20% of the original image (visual) size.

Browser or App
Browser
Browser or App version and version number
Google Chrome - Version 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps
See in body of text for steps created...
Frequency
Each time I do Guild Expedition (GE).
Urgency
annoying... yet could be an upcoming health issue for those sensitive to motion.
Can this be reproduced?
Yes!
Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
@Juber or any Mod or CM: you can class this as "not a bug" as I spent time with support in gathering more information.

4k Res Users: There is a limitation of resolution within the game that when exceeded the game behaves unexpectedly. When the game is played in Normal window mode (where you can resize it) and the window is small (1600 x 1080 for example), the game will work just fine: there is 3-4 levels of zoom, GE doesn't tug like it does in the pictures, and all other parts of the game work like it supposed to be. It's when you maximize the window or go into full screen with the 4k resolution is when the game goes haywire: you get 2 levels of zoom (in and out), GE tugs to the left (as in the pictures), certain places are zoomed in.

It is not known if Inno will implement a feature that will accommodate those who are using 4k in the near future.