• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Guild Expeditions - View is forcing to center of the screen...

Thunderdome

Emperor
Troubleshooting
None.
Just tried GE after I got back from a long hiatus and each time I do an attack or negotiate and click on the dialog box, then click on a prize on the map, it forces the view to the very center of the map. This is rather annoying as I can be on the far right in getting GE quests done and I have to manually move the map back towards the right to access the next quest since it forces itself back to the center view. Need this to be looked at.

Browser or App
Browser
Browser or App version and version number
1.227.f84f48245 (14.03.2022 19:27)
Recreation steps
Complete a quest (negotiation or battle) and click on the dialog box that pops up or click on the prize on the map and it will force view to the center of the screen.
Frequency
Each time I do Guild Expedition (GE).
Urgency
upcoming health issue for those who are sensitive to motion...
Can this be reproduced?
Yes!

Balinor

Steward
Its been this way for as long as I can remember
I collect all my relics at end of level so screen doesnt move

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Just tested it and can't reproduce it. Anything I have to consider, like a very high screen resolution? Have you tried clearing your cache already?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Just tested it and can't reproduce it. Anything I have to consider, like a very high screen resolution? Have you tried clearing your cache already?
Don't know if a higher resolution would have anything to do with such (considering it would be a smaller map on a very big screen - big screen being a 4k TV), but the cache was cleared to ensure it was not the problem. Seems like the problem occurs in the last quests of said map (about the last 4 before completion of map). In the first quests, it would move right like it should (maybe that's how), but in the last ones, the map is forced left, therefore I have to move the map to the right in order to access the next quest each time. Before this happened, it would just sit there after you move the map to your liking and will remain there until the end of the map level (where it starts off to the left when the next level starts) or when you refresh/exit the game to access it again.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I could reproduce it now, but only if I set my browser zoom to 50%. Do you play on such a zoom level or do you use a 4k monitor?

Thunderdome

Emperor
I could reproduce it now, but only if I set my browser zoom to 50%. Do you play on such a zoom level or do you use a 4k monitor?
On the main city view, I set the "zoom out" to max (never zoomed in as I like to see what buildings are in my city), where it shows small buildings on the large screen. In the GE view, there is no zoom factor as it's only one size (would be nice though). Both are through a 4k (65" TV used as a monitor from the laptop) television set. Prior to my return, I had never had this problem and can do GE without the need to move my screen to access the last few quests of the level.

Are you saying that if anyone sets their zoom to a certain number that their screen will have problems?