• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Do you like the changes done to the Siege Camp and Watchtower?

• Yes

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Undecided (please post why)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's suggested as same server but cross world only. Its like GE algorithm. Have explained the steps also. With this, still easy to do like making the comment means, how can I be convinced.
I believe they have technical issues preventing cross-world like GE (there's a lot less data for a GE championship and a lot less demand for that data to be current and accurate).

CrashBoom

Legend
I believe they have technical issues preventing cross-world like GE (there's a lot less data for a GE championship and a lot less demand for that data to be current and accurate).
then remove the real time synchronization :D

just every 5 minutes

your guild had 159/160 progress. no progress from other guilds
5 minutes later: another guild took that sector --> the fault of your guild. you stopped at 159 :p

or much easier:
you can't see the progress of other guilds on the sectors
and sychnronization happens only when a sector is taken ;)

for every problem there would be a solution
doesn't mean: all players would like that solution o_O

Is it not possible to remove the poll here?

After reverting, keeping the poll and still few people adding the vote for it. Maybe they vote in favor of reverting the changes in GbG.

nice2haveu

Baronet
then remove the real time synchronization :D

just every 5 minutes

your guild had 159/160 progress. no progress from other guilds
5 minutes later: another guild took that sector --> the fault of your guild. you stopped at 159 :p

or much easier:
you can't see the progress of other guilds on the sectors
and sychnronization happens only when a sector is taken ;)

for every problem there would be a solution
doesn't mean: all players would like that solution o_O
They don't need to worry much on technical issues or real time synchronization on cross worlds in GBG with the given suggestion. Because, when the GBG match ups set with 8 guilds, each guilds will be labeled as guild 1, 2, 3,.....8. So, code should depict guild <#> number hitting the sector without any trouble.

For example,
X1X sector, guild1 made 100/160 battles. guild2 made 45/160 battles.

Most challenging part is building and keeping the timer on sectors and creating GBG buildings from the guilds with proper synchronization. This too can be handled easily, at the initial time of making GBG match ups of guilds where all guild placed in one particular GBG map which should have same starting timer like the default behavior. Now, any treasury updates or siege camp build updates are done by GBG leader of specific guild, say like "guild1 GbG leader added 2 siege camp", guild2 member conquered A2B sector". All these can be achieved by doing little tuning in the code logic since guild which performs the action is clearly visible and entry will be added to log also which has timer details too. IMHO, suggestion is completely possible. Here, sector locked timer is visible to everyone and when the log getting updated with the conquer message, time can be noted and set immediately without any trouble. Also, SC if constructed means, those construction timer also set with the same approach. Ranking the guilds based on their actions and retrieved points are very straight forward with this approach too. If I saw the code, I could have applied the solution long back with proper time zone and timer sync up. With this only trouble is, they can't do farming like how they did previously. It's definitely a good challenge in making this code logic, but this is one time change for sure and works without any trouble. Also, restricting to not show guild members information and guild original details will improve the performance of GbG too, because showing takes rendering events and association of particular guild related stuff. But restricting will make it like, only program knows guild1 is which guild and guild 2 is which guild. All details needed to implement will be readily available. many things are to be handled running background with this suggestion. With the given suggestion, GBG chat option is the main weakness. Because, without creating co-op threads with guilds, they can openly beg for farming/allies in the GBG chat window but it is visible to all guilds. hence, no hidden level communication in any of the GbG map which can be compromised.

It's kind of cluster based cloud mechanism concept which relies on dynamic clustering. But, data inputs and details having here are completely minimal and not massive amount of data, since every match up max 8 guilds only needed. Let say, One server has 10+ worlds and each world has 3000 guilds in it.
GBG has 3 days cooldown period and matchup partition of 8 guilds from (10x3000) = 30000guilds with the steps mentioned in the suggestion earlier will easily done the job in seconds (mostly done in milliseconds or nanoseconds also). Once partition done, program should label the guilds sequentially with the numbers and set the GBG match up with current behavior of flags but no guild emblems visible. to any other guilds. If guild 1 is ours and opening GbG, will shows guild number label. Our guild name and logo can be shown to us in brackets if needed. Developing this needs one month time, 3 weeks development effort and 1 week thorough testing for validating every sync up applied correctly. There are cases where few guild doesn't get 8 guild match ups if they are the last in the entire algorithm sequence. This should be considered as known issue or not a bug since no balancing guild available for them in the match up algorithm sequence.

Beta567

Baronet
Please give me the way, how they do it with my suggestion.
People already pointed out that we have fixed number of top guilds on a server who can swap sectors nonstop. Those guilds are usually dominants on a map and all those low level guilds complain a lot that they closed at the home base and can't get any fights.
So now those top guilds have interguild threads already before any randomization involved. EVEN this suggestion see the light. The obvious solution after GBG starts GBG generals will coordinate and simply figure out who is who on the map. For example if you say I got sectors A, B, C and D and other general say I got E and G and third general say I got Y and Z now you see who is on the map and next step to setup a regular pattern and farm this map as usual.
EVEN if you prohibit interguild threads which is obviously ridiculous there is Discord channels where it also can be implemented.
This suggestion just brings addition uncomfortable steps but it will not prevent from swapping sectors between top guilds.

nice2haveu

Baronet
People already pointed out that we have fixed number of top guilds on a server who can swap sectors nonstop. Those guilds are usually dominants on a map and all those low level guilds complain a lot that they closed at the home base and can't get any fights.
So now those top guilds have interguild threads already before any randomization involved. EVEN this suggestion see the light. The obvious solution after GBG starts GBG generals will coordinate and simply figure out who is who on the map. For example if you say I got sectors A, B, C and D and other general say I got E and G and third general say I got Y and Z now you see who is on the map and next step to setup a regular pattern and farm this map as usual.
EVEN if you prohibit interguild threads which is obviously ridiculous there is Discord channels where it also can be implemented.
This suggestion just brings addition uncomfortable steps but it will not prevent from swapping sectors between top guilds.
Even in discord, in one server, how many worlds guild generals or leader grouped together. Will they know any idea of which world guild got matchups in it. No way. Just think of a count of how many guild leaders they added into discord and how many verify that this is our map. Let them find the needle in the haystack. You are over judging GbG leaders. They don't spend time on these vague finding method and could have conquered sectors instead of finding it just for the sake of guild mates.

Beta567

Baronet
Even in discord, in one server, how many worlds guild generals or leader grouped together. Will they know any idea of which world guild got matchups in it. No way. Just think of a count of how many guild leaders they added into discord and how many verify that this is our map. Let them find the needle in the haystack. You are over judging GbG leaders. They don't spend time on these vague finding method and could have conquered sectors instead of finding it just for the sake of guild mates.
If you don't trust me it is okay. People who lead GBG know what I'm talking about. You don't need 1000 people in those threads just 2-3 representatives from each guild and it is important to know that only top 20 (30max) guilds can swap sectors. Let's say top 10-15 can do it fast and 24/7. After you know who is your swap partner is you can create a separate 10day thread where you can add more people from each guild. It's been practiced for ages.

nice2haveu

Baronet
If you don't trust me it is okay. People who lead GBG know what I'm talking about. You don't need 1000 people in those threads just 2-3 representatives from each guild and it is important to know that only top 20 (30max) guilds can swap sectors. Let's say top 10-15 can do it fast and 24/7. After you know who is your swap partner is you can create a separate 10day thread where you can add more people from each guild. It's been practiced for ages.
Still you didn't understand the suggestion but saying GbG leaders will pick with easy attempt.

As you mentioned "after you know swap partner", but how do you know. Just don't overthink like GbG leaders are legends in the game to find anything. We are just players and humans. It won't work out like how you think with less attempts of analysis 2-3 or 10-15. That will happen in 1:100 ratio only. Pure luck.

So based on your point, player from one world should find the player from other guild on another, communicate through discord and work out on farming. Their timezone should match, their guild should be proactive like opposition guild, guild should make sure other guilds should not cross barriers. There are lot of ifs and buts to accomplish single guild farming. Still 6 more guilds are there, but we care for only top 4 (as a safer side). So still 3 more guilds need to be figure out from which world and which guild every season starting time.

Till now they did this because, same world guilds are kept in touching distance. But my suggestion is restricting everything and make you focus on battles and negotiation. If you wish to do farm, do it publicly by using GbG chat window. Why you need discord. GbG inside you have the way with GbG chat. Why guilds need to do something like stealing without anyone notice. Did their ego and status pushing them not to do with it. This suggestion is balanced one, however you keep trust on your GbG leaders, they cannot find their swap partner like how they are doing currently. They need to need to play in every world and every world top guild they need friends. After that also, GbG matchups should happen like that one. This to work everytime correctly, and your GbG leaders are strong enough to do this means, I feel really sorry for going through that much pain.

If this is possible, please apply this in the real life. Instead of game, if you have one person as friend in each country, and they will take care of you everytime, life will be heaven. But selfish world with selfish people surrounding us and playing as non-selfish is a toxic and brutal achievement. Best of luck!!

Still you didn't understand the suggestion but saying GbG leaders will pick with easy attempt.

As you mentioned "after you know swap partner", but how do you know. Just don't overthink like GbG leaders are legends in the game to find anything. We are just players and humans. It won't work out like how you think with less attempts of analysis 2-3 or 10-15. That will happen in 1:100 ratio only. Pure luck.

So based on your point, player from one world should find the player from other guild on another, communicate through discord and work out on farming. Their timezone should match, their guild should be proactive like opposition guild, guild should make sure other guilds should not cross barriers. There are lot of ifs and buts to accomplish single guild farming. Still 6 more guilds are there, but we care for only top 4 (as a safer side). So still 3 more guilds need to be figure out from which world and which guild every season starting time.

Till now they did this because, same world guilds are kept in touching distance. But my suggestion is restricting everything and make you focus on battles and negotiation. If you wish to do farm, do it publicly by using GbG chat window. Why you need discord. GbG inside you have the way with GbG chat. Why guilds need to do something like stealing without anyone notice. Did their ego and status pushing them not to do with it. This suggestion is balanced one, however you keep trust on your GbG leaders, they cannot find their swap partner like how they are doing currently. They need to need to play in every world and every world top guild they need friends. After that also, GbG matchups should happen like that one. This to work everytime correctly, and your GbG leaders are strong enough to do this means, I feel really sorry for going through that much pain.

If this is possible, please apply this in the real life. Instead of game, if you have one person as friend in each country, and they will take care of you everytime, life will be heaven. But selfish world with selfish people surrounding us and playing as non-selfish is a toxic and brutal achievement. Best of luck!!
As you said, this may work out but fun elements in GbG will be missed. I will get bored of doing battles again and again. Atleast now, due to farming getting more rest time because of other guild swapping delays. But with this, no relaxation and don't make counter argument like, "entering battlegrounds should not think about rest and relaxation". For me, this is just a time pass game to fulfil my free time and enjoying farming in GbG, playing events and Gb contribution and building collections and give a helping hand through aid all, trade offers and tavern visit.

I agree with your logic to maintain balance, but it completely affects the GbG gameplay for everyone. Literally can expect some chaos on the sector conquering, but it will affect players mind set heavily if they don't conquer it. Mental stress in the game can happen daily with this suggestion. It's just my opinion, since playing joyfully will never be part of GbG for many people in the game with this approach.

GbG Balancing not needed if the mental stress for players/guildmates getting increased with any of the suggestions.

nice2haveu

Baronet
As you said, this may work out but fun elements in GbG will be missed. I will get bored of doing battles again and again. Atleast now, due to farming getting more rest time because of other guild swapping delays. But with this, no relaxation and don't make counter argument like, "entering battlegrounds should not think about rest and relaxation". For me, this is just a time pass game to fulfil my free time and enjoying farming in GbG, playing events and Gb contribution and building collections and give a helping hand through aid all, trade offers and tavern visit.

I agree with your logic to maintain balance, but it completely affects the GbG gameplay for everyone. Literally can expect some chaos on the sector conquering, but it will affect players mind set heavily if they don't conquer it. Mental stress in the game can happen daily with this suggestion. It's just my opinion, since playing joyfully will never be part of GbG for many people in the game with this approach.

GbG Balancing not needed if the mental stress for players/guildmates getting increased with any of the suggestions.
Already players are having mental stress due to GbG having issues on balancing it.

Myself showed a clear way to avoid the imbalance in GbG. Players can still play joyfully with this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.