• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

I do not have to read it again... Most players do not do negs... You included as you so eloquently put...My point is he is in the group he says should be able to do 300 fights a day yet has a bit over 300 4 days in. I see you are working on post count today...
Ha, maybe you should read @-NinjAlin-'s posts again then. In his most recent update he said he's averaging 308 fights per day.

Another popular program that everyone knows about. Pizza Hut bookit. They give kids a free personal pizza for reading books. Do you think Pizza Hut is after hooking the kids and parents on their pizza(greed) or are they just solely out to encourage reeding. I would say that The free family friendly environment is another free item they give to get people interested in their product. Just like free attrition is a tool INNO has used to make their product attractive

I am the one of those restaurant owners that is giving free food away for community service. The point was specifically the individual owner that started that program did it soley for community service and as it became corporate wide it became a way to generate revenue. Plus i do not think the kid getting the free pizza is not doing it out of greed like was suggested. I am ranked number 19 in carthage the only world I am doing gbg in at moment. This change will affect guilds like mine more than any others. Because it will reduce our ability for attrition free fights for rewards and for initial conquering of sectors.

Please follow the comments back to the original comment with solutions. I speak of these things from someone who makes a living on selling a bunch of $10 things just like inno has too.
My original point was that seige camps are like mcdonalds hamburgers. Inno and McDonald's have sold tons of them. The response was that they don't give the hamburgers for free. That isn't even true because sometimes they do. And with monopoly game and others they even give some big monetary prizes as well. I don't appreciate being attacked for both my real life activities and for my style of play in this line of responses. I gave well thought out ideas in the original post that took into account all playing styles. You choose to attack me personally?

I am not attacking you in any way. In your McDonalds example, then again with the Pizza Hut example, you implied that the motivation for Happy Meals and free pizza was self-serving on the part of the company. McDonalds didn't introduce Happy Meals to get kids hooked on Big Macs and Pizza Hut has a Bookit promotion to promote literacy. TBH, I don't know how either of these analogies are relevant to the topic at hand.
If what you say is true about those programs why do they say the things they do in manager meetings ar both places. They can't do those things if they don't make money. Again go up to my original post with the solution to the problem of some people taking 'to much free stuff'.. the analogy is because every one knows McDonalds and Pizza Hut. You guys attacked the analogy and did not respond to the suggested solution. It is pretty simple just because big customers that buy $1000 worth of food are important to restaurants. Those customers think they are more important than the ones that spend $10. The restaurant has to take care of both. This issue is being pushed as a way to take care of the big players. Inno needs to take care of both and attract new players. Taking away the thing, seige camps, that people spend actual money on is not a good idea. Inno got me to spend actual money on this game thus year and seige camps were a big part of it. It is worse than taking the camps away. They are basically replacing the burger with a peace of lettuce and not giving the option of having beef.
Again I proposed a solution that would be beneficial to all play styles along with this analogy.
You posted that based on my activity on my 12 worlds I wouldn't be affected by this change. I would say the guilds that train new players and also compete against the number one guilds have a better understanding of the game than the top guilds do. The top guilds take the players from guilds like mine overwork them and then they quit the game all together.

jovada

Regent
That is what?? 90 fights a day so far. Again put this to a live server trial so we can get rid of it...
This was not on beta , but a day in my main world,

Besides you miss the point , it's not important if it's done in 1 day or 3 days or even in 10 days , it shows the amount of rewards you have on 388 fights

On the beta i have 677 fights not even trying to play the whale so far

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It can't be the same, because that would require many more players in 1 guild.
Small guilds can't fill the void left by big guilds, so the owners just sit on the sectors for most of the day, and small guilds will still be able to pound their sector on the coast for hours, assuming that the big guilds won't be malicious and installed with a trap, which also significantly absorbs them compared to the current state.
Maybe not in the first season. But strong guilds will return to their natural state. It's just to be harder to do and it's to take more strong players. If they remove the siege camps altogether, strong guilds will still strive to dominate the map. But if Inno makes it technically impossible, then people just won't play it.

We we are used to leveling our GB with Arc bonus. But there are other players. OMG! there are players who haven't even built arc. They want to receive their deposits in full too, and not 1/2 of what they have invested. However, if they go through their neighbors in search of chance to invest at face value, they will be disappointed:( Now imagine several of them came to the forum, demanded an equal game for themselves and the good people from Inno satisfied their demands. Arc was a bit nerfed, only to 66% at the level 180. Will GB leveling stop in this case? No. But now those who do not have Arc will lose less when investing in other people's GB of course . But you know what? They still can't make FP on it.

This is a law of nature: to make FP on invests in GB, you need Arc. To be competitive in GBG, you need to be able to act as a team, come to the fight on the alarm when the province opens, prepare the material base beforehand (treasury and diamonds to rush buildings) and see to the map 4(8) hours ahead. And don't cut, damn, camps!

Last edited:

plotus

Farmer
95+% of guilds never build SCs as they don't play in diamond. This change affects the top 3-5% of guilds and without exception makes GBG worse. Changes to GBG should be looking to make it more attractive to the 95+% not less attractive to the 3-5%. This change makes no sense.

There is a simple way to increase GBG participation, make all rewards regardless of league the same, just as in GE. Diamond will stay a place where large treasuries and checkerboard maps are the norm. Where 50,000+ fights a season occur, which will not happen in the lower leagues as few guilds can afford the massive goods cost. Platinum and below will be for the smaller treasuries/guilds who will no longer be pinned to home base. Every guild will have a reason to play GBG.

Owl II

Emperor
95+% of guilds never build SCs as they don't play in diamond. This change affects the top 3-5% of guilds and without exception makes GBG worse. Changes to GBG should be looking to make it more attractive to the 95+% not less attractive to the 3-5%. This change makes no sense.

There is a simple way to increase GBG participation, make all rewards regardless of league the same, just as in GE. Diamond will stay a place where large treasuries and checkerboard maps are the norm. Where 50,000+ fights a season occur, which will not happen in the lower leagues as few guilds can afford the massive goods cost. Platinum and below will be for the smaller treasuries/guilds who will no longer be pinned to home base. Every guild will have a reason to play GBG.
I agree with the first part of the remark, but not with the second. You won't force people to play something they're not interested in, even if you start paying with diamonds. Try the cash. Maybe it will work out:)

plotus

Farmer
I agree with the first part of the remark, but not with the second. You won't force people to play something they're not interested in, even if you start paying with diamonds. Try the cash. Maybe it will work out:)
You misunderstand, when I say diamond I am talking about GBG Diamond League, nothing to do with "paying with diamonds". Of course most guilds aren't going to take part in GBG regardless. Increasing participation by definition means Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper leagues are more active. The problem in GBG participation is not free attrition, it is not the ranking algorithm, it is not the big guilds with massive treasuries. A guild with 50+ members, ranked 2000th, playing in Silver League couldn't care less about this proposed change. My guild took 2nd place in Silver GBG by taking one province, none of the 8 guilds built a single SC or WT. This "change" changes nothing for us. If anyone posts that this helps the small guilds they haven't a clue about small guilds.

You do not seem to have understood the current system...

The players in big guilds currently make less profits than the players in 20 member guilds, simply because there are not enough progress points available to fully use up their attrition potential.

Now big guilds finally will make sense again for the personal gain - only the big guild will be able to get to the center and make more fights on low attrition.

The GBG will now finally get closer to what they were intended to be from the get go - "not a 24/7 feature". And the endless farmerama will have an end.

Personally, I would be fine without the cap, or with a higher cap. The gains above 4 camps do not seem too big...

The only thing standing in the way of a proper ranking now are the given LP gains/losses such that guilds do not continue to be on a roller-coaster...
You are totally clueless. Big guilds have been totally dominating the diamond league, where the rewards are the most lucrative. Inno gave a further advantage to big guilds with the larger map. This just gives another advantage to the large guilds, ensuring that smaller guilds are shut out of the diamond league

Owl II

Emperor
You misunderstand, when I say diamond I am talking about GBG Diamond League, nothing to do with "paying with diamonds". Of course most guilds aren't going to take part in GBG regardless. Increasing participation by definition means Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper leagues are more active. The problem in GBG participation is not free attrition, it is not the ranking algorithm, it is not the big guilds with massive treasuries. A guild with 50+ members, ranked 2000th, playing in Silver League couldn't care less about this proposed change. My guild took 2nd place in Silver GBG by taking one province, none of the 8 guilds built a single SC or WT. This "change" changes nothing for us. If anyone posts that this helps the small guilds they haven't a clue about small guilds.
No, no, no. I understood you correctly. I want to say that you are not show high activity in the silver league not because of a lack of rewards. It's just that you feel comfortable like this.

Last edited:
fair would be if they cap attrition-reduction at 96%, because thats what you get with 4 siege camps.

This would

- prevent „endless“ farming
- still leave room for tactics, diplomacy and exciting moments
- let smaller guilds stay competitive
- keep obsi, atomium, ai core meaningful
- not screw players who invested alot in these LB‘s

Amdira

Baronet
I already to;d it - it is just question of time to see the appearance of new super guild. composed by fighters. And than the normal and the small guilds are off
May be - may be not. We had a similar trend in the beginning of gbg. As soon as the first guilds reached Diamond, the winning team joiners moved to those guilds and mutated into big farmers there. This was already the beginning of the end of fair play in gbg. Meanwhile those players are well known within the big guilds and the question is, whether they will allow it a second time. The normal and small guild shouldn't be underestimated, as they are used to play with attrition because they didn't have the chance to play with 0 attrition very often.
I agree so far, that there might be some super guilds and that's ok - maybe they will get a separate league - as suggested already, where they can play their game without being bothered by average guilds :) Time will show

CrashBoom

Legend
fair would be if they cap attrition-reduction at 96%, because thats what you get with 4 siege camps.

This would

- prevent „endless“ farming
- still leave room for tactics, diplomacy and exciting moments
- let smaller guilds stay competitive
- keep obsi, atomium, ai core meaningful
- not screw players who invested alot in these LB‘s
that would be 3000 fights for people who can reach attrition 120
compared to the 360 with the current cap

12 days = 36000

I am wondering:
how many players reached that before this change?

so it is not really a change to what was before this change started

May be - may be not. We had a similar trend in the beginning of gbg. As soon as the first guilds reached Diamond, the winning team joiners moved to those guilds and mutated into big farmers there. This was already the beginning of the end of fair play in gbg. Meanwhile those players are well known within the big guilds and the question is, whether they will allow it a second time. The normal and small guild shouldn't be underestimated, as they are used to play with attrition because they didn't have the chance to play with 0 attrition very often.
I agree so far, that there might be some super guilds and that's ok - maybe they will get a separate league - as suggested already, where they can play their game without being bothered by average guilds :) Time will show
I don`t think a separate league will exist, becausr of the costs. But super guilds will appear and there will play experienced players. 30-40 members in such a guild means, that the map will be swaped in a couple of hours. With two similar guilds we`ll parcticely turn to the previous farming