• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
We have 5 active guilds in our group this season. I hoped at the start it would be a game more or less similar to what can happen in the living worlds after nerf. 2 days have passed since the start of the season. It's clear now I was wrong. Again these flags, flags, endless flags. Tiles without locks. There are fewer and fewer fights. We hit of 5,000 fights an average per day in the first season after entering nerf on the waterfall map. This is 8000 for two days now. 4000 a day, and these are the first days, the most active. Well, changes are visible. We can already say that the players are used to it.

We have 5 active guilds in our group this season. I hoped at the start it would be a game more or less similar to what can happen in the living worlds after nerf. 2 days have passed since the start of the season. It's clear now I was wrong. Again these flags, flags, endless flags. Tiles without locks. There are fewer and fewer fights. We hit of 5,000 fights an average per day in the first season after entering nerf on the waterfall map. This is 8000 for two days now. 4000 a day, and these are the first days, the most active. Well, changes are visible. We can already say that the players are used to it.
SMH. Previously, you remarked that your guild can get 16K daily battles in GBG. Now, that count has been reduced to 4K. In my very first post on this thread (#61 on 6/28) I predicted that my fight count would be reduced 75% when the change goes live. Thanks for confirming my prediction. Even with only 25% of what was previously achievable the rewards are still good.

I believe that diamond spending has dropped significantly - probably to zero.
This is the only reason why the nerf isn't live yet.

But this was predicatable.
I wouldn't think so. The top fighting guilds will be those most affected by this change but, afaik, they do not purchase many (if any) diamonds needed to rush buildings. Instead, the 1000's of diamonds they spend to rush are those that are won from doing so many battles. Given the 66.6% cap, it is likely that fewer SCs and WTs will be built so fewer diamonds will be spent to rush them but this does not necessarily imply fewer diamonds will be purchased.

-Emperor-

Farmer
Alas, there is no way to cancel any vote. And I can't vote "yes" because it would contradict my beliefs. But I already really want this to be sent to live servers, like many other nerf opponents. I won't vote next time. However, we know that it doesn't matter
I also want it to be launched on other servers and watch Inno suffer a terrible fiasco.. After that, FoE's fate will be in jeopardy..

jovada

Regent
I also want it to be launched on other servers and watch Inno suffer a terrible fiasco.. After that, FoE's fate will be in jeopardy..
The fiasco was right at the start by allowing 0 attrition now players are used to exploit it , if they limited it right from the start nobody would call it a fiasco now.
But all the yellers that say they will leave and say it's the dead of foe, i guess 95% will adapt , just like in GvG they corrected several exploits (not everything) and that took also a long time before they reacted and players adapted.

Owl II

Emperor
The fiasco was right at the start by allowing 0 attrition now players are used to exploit it , if they limited it right from the start nobody would call it a fiasco now.
But all the yellers that say they will leave and say it's the dead of foe, i guess 95% will adapt , just like in GvG they corrected several exploits (not everything) and that took also a long time before they reacted and players adapted.
Players adapt in mass. But as you whined about injustice, so you will continue. Because the mechanics has not changed. Вecause your nature has not changed

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
Players adapt in masse. But as you whined about injustice, so you will continue. Because the mechanics has not changed. Вecause your nature has not changed
Inno did make a mistake 2 1/2 years ago. Everyone agrees on that. Not their first nor their last. The community sprint where they ignored players suggestions and used whales do decide the changes, the Guild Perks which had nothing to do with guilds and was so poorly coded it had to be pulled, the recent feedback thread where they said they would be more transparent come to mind.

Now we have a major nerf which once again was poorly implemented. Attrition is nerfed but no other adjustments made. Not in season 2 and again not in season 3. Even though the feedback thread shows how this nerf fails. A feedback thread dumped to discussion as the CM "is to busy" to read it. Does not have the time to read a thread on a nerf that will most likely affect Inno greatly once it goes live.

Guilds are not building SC's or WT's. 3 slots have one SC... Players have reduced neg's so no diamonds there. Both could have been adjusted to work with the nerf. Inno did not nor has even addressed problems they can easily see. We get the Inno spiel "we look at other things" instead.

Makes me sad to see...

jovada

Regent
Players adapt in masse. But as you whined about injustice, so you will continue. Because the mechanics has not changed. Вecause your nature has not changed

A difference i pointed out the injustice right from the beginning and that is not whining, do you think that after 2 1/2 years still being rank 30 in my main world is by doing nothing?
The only whiners are people like you who are scared to loose their farmingabuse.

jovada

Regent
Guilds are not building SC's or WT's. 3 slots have one SC... Players have reduced neg's so no diamonds there. Both could have been adjusted to work with the nerf. Inno did not nor has even addressed problems they can easily see. We get the Inno spiel "we look at other things" instead.

Makes me sad to see...
What are you trying to prove or is this chantage ?? guilds not building speak for yourself i see other guilds still building and whatever you say in RL after a couple of seasons they still will build SC cause it's still rewarding.
Do you really think inno believe this nonsens ?

Owl II

Emperor
Inno did make a mistake 2 1/2 years ago. Everyone agrees on that. Not their first nor their last. The community sprint where they ignored players suggestions and used whales do decide the changes, the Guild Perks which had nothing to do with guilds and was so poorly coded it had to be pulled, the recent feedback thread where they said they would be more transparent come to mind.

Now we have a major nerf which once again was poorly implemented. Attrition is nerfed but no other adjustments made. Not in season 2 and again not in season 3. Even though the feedback thread shows how this nerf fails. A feedback thread dumped to discussion as the CM "is to busy" to read it. Does not have the time to read a thread on a nerf that will most likely affect Inno greatly once it goes live.

Makes me sad to see...
It's just that those who worked on this gameplay didn't have time to debug it. They didn't have time to see how it would work in the living worlds and make the necessary correction. These people are no longer in the inno team. The current development team is making perks and a heal all button. Oh, no! they also copy events.

Yekk

Viceroy
What are you trying to prove or is this chantage ?? guilds not building speak for yourself i see other guilds still building and whatever you say in RL after a couple of seasons they still will build SC cause it's still rewarding.
Do you really think inno believe this nonsens ?
You did not build often when we played you...On your question.. Yes, easily as they have that info.

You play the victim but you run a 6 world guild. For the most part the same players. Your guild shows up late for GBG. It builds only when it wants too. It hurts the map. Yours will be an easy guild to stuff if the nerf goes live. Strong guilds will just slide over to you. Take your in tile and run up the next tiles in. Trap your in tile with Fortresses later. Then wait to take the next two. Poof, you are in the same spot you are now on most of your worlds. You play checkers while we play chess.

Owl II

Emperor
guilds not building speak for yourself i see other guilds still building and whatever you say in RL after a couple of seasons they still will build SC cause it's still rewarding.
It's still rewarding? It's a mortal boredom. It's more boring than the PVP arena. Because you don't have to guard the PVP arena around the clock. You've done your 5 fights and you can be free. This pasture needs shepherds, unlike the pvp arena. rewarding...

Yekk

Viceroy
It's just that those who worked on this gameplay didn't have time to debug it. They didn't have time to see how it would work in the living worlds and make the necessary correction. These people are no longer in the inno team. The current development team is making perks and a heal all button. Oh, no! they also copy events.
They should have known you can not test somethings on the beta server. GBG as an example. As a small business Inno was innovative. As a very small part of a multinational Corp not so anymore.

Emberguard

Emperor
Supporters of nerf are D-lite players who do not want and do not know how to use this gameplay in full.

Understanding the gameplay in full, and wanting the gameplay in full is in no way mutually exclusive to supporting the change. You're making a massive assumption that because you're against the change that anyone supporting it mustn't know how to play or understand how it'd change the game. Couldn't be further from the truth.

This nerf has been suggested many times for various reasons throughout the life cycle of GBG by pretty much every tier of player including the best of D-1k, not just D-lite. The main issue with the nerf is it's being introduced 2 years later, so people got used to farming, so the way people react to such a change is going to change compared to if it had been introduced earlier on.

Whether this is a good or bad idea has far more to do with understanding psychology than it does with understanding gameplay

jovada

Regent
You did not build often when we played you...On your question.. Yes, easily as they have that info.

You play the victim but you run a 6 world guild. For the most part the same players. Your guild shows up late for GBG. It builds only when it wants too. It hurts the map. Yours will be an easy guild to stuff if the nerf goes live. Strong guilds will just slide over to you. Take your in tile and run up the next tiles in. Trap your in tile with Fortresses later. Then wait to take the next two. Poof, you are in the same spot you are now on most of your worlds. You play checkers while we play chess.
What nonsens again, do you think we play for 100% GbG on all 6 worlds ? No only in our main world we play the full GbG.
We build only when we wants ? Do we have to build on your command ? And why should it hurt the map ? Because we don't want to step in a swapping 159/160 program?

Yekk

Viceroy
What nonsens again, do you think we play for 100% GbG on all 6 worlds ? No only in our main world we play the full GbG.
We build only when we wants ? Do we have to build on your command ? And why should it hurt the map ? Because we don't want to step in a swapping 159/160 program?
When you do not build the other guilds will remove SC's in front of your guild. Your own players lose what could be fights at a much lower attrition. As I said you play checkers while we play chess.

Owl II

Emperor
This nerf has been suggested many times for various reasons throughout the life cycle of GBG by pretty much every tier of player including the best of D-1k, not just D-lite. The main issue with the nerf is it's being introduced 2 years later, so people got used to farming, so the way people react to such a change is going to change compared to if it had been introduced earlier on.
Yes, yes. How could I forget? This is what Inno refers to in the announcement of the rebalancing. Here is the most significant example. which led CM when he was asked: where are these proposals and so on, we don't know anything about them? :D

Understanding the gameplay in full, and wanting the gameplay in full is in no way mutually exclusive to supporting the change. You're making a massive assumption that because you're against the change that anyone supporting it mustn't know how to play or understand how it'd change the game. Couldn't be further from the truth.
If you hadn't taken phrases out of context, but would have quoted my message in full this part would look funny, to say the least. I summarized the expectations of the supporters and explained why they will not come true.