• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Emberguard

Emperor
thanks @Emberguard

but
still includes randomness
only with different percentages ("most likely" sounds random)

Exactly why I said it's weighted random, and not set proportionate amounts

Fairly certain there's another developer comment on it somewhere in the comments section that explicitly stated random, but that would take time to fish around for

Emberguard

Emperor
If you press the D key on the keyboard on the GBG, then we will see the number of slots in each sector. If we look at the goods in each sector, summarize them by era, then we get “instock”.
Sorry, it's hard for me to find the right terms without knowing the language.

So over how many sectors are you summarizing on the map? Is that the entire map? Or did you miss some of the sectors? Is this for 1 season?

Did you make sure you're only counting participating members? Not anyone that joined mid-season?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The number of goods on GBG does not match the number of players in eras. I will give one example, but, in 2023, this always happens. Moreover, the excess accents are really random.
Your reasoning is wrong for 2 reasons:
- making your observation on ten GbGs will never be representative
- you make an observation in relation to the sectors that interest you and not on all the sectors present, the quantities of which you cannot see until you have conquered them.

Around your HQ you have 3 sectors which already do not cost the same goods, how can you then draw a reliable consequence?

With my guild from the FR world, we have been tracking the costs of the camps as well as the inflows and outflows of goods for 3 years. It turns out that the cost of the camps conforms in proportion to the number of members present in each age.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Also, something that brings in even more variety: Only the distribution is weighted based on player eras. The amount distribution is still random.
So lets say we have a building costing 3k goods and 5 guild members, 3 in SAJM, 1 in VF and one in HMA. This makes the chance for these goods to be required 60%, 20% and 20%.
Lets just say for that one building we now need 2 SAJM goods and 1 HMA good. Now the amount is decided. That is random, so it can happen that you only need 1 of each SAJM good and 2998 of the HMA good. Herr it does not matter how many are in these ages.

This results in a further spread, however it does not change, that on average you need more goods for the age you have more players in the guild. :)

Boo...

Marquis
So over how many sectors are you summarizing on the map? Is that the entire map? Or did you miss some of the sectors? Is this for 1 season?

Did you make sure you're only counting participating members? Not anyone that joined mid-season?
Before the start of the GBG, I write down all the members of the guild.
After starting GBG, I take values from the entire map.
I take statistics once, at the very beginning of GBG.
A new member of the guild after the start does not make changes to the required goods.
Leaving the guild members of the guild - affects the required goods.

Boo...

Marquis
Also, something that brings in even more variety: Only the distribution is weighted based on player eras. The amount distribution is still random.
So lets say we have a building costing 3k goods and 5 guild members, 3 in SAJM, 1 in VF and one in HMA. This makes the chance for these goods to be required 60%, 20% and 20%.
Lets just say for that one building we now need 2 SAJM goods and 1 HMA good. Now the amount is decided. That is random, so it can happen that you only need 1 of each SAJM good and 2998 of the HMA good. Herr it does not matter how many are in these ages.

This results in a further spread, however it does not change, that on average you need more goods for the age you have more players in the guild. :)
Yes, the amount of goods in an era must match the number of players in the guild. It's right. In theory. In practice, this is not the case.
Within the era, a random selection.

Boo...

Marquis
Your reasoning is wrong for 2 reasons:
- making your observation on ten GbGs will never be representative
- you make an observation in relation to the sectors that interest you and not on all the sectors present, the quantities of which you cannot see until you have conquered them.

Around your HQ you have 3 sectors which already do not cost the same goods, how can you then draw a reliable consequence?

With my guild from the FR world, we have been tracking the costs of the camps as well as the inflows and outflows of goods for 3 years. It turns out that the cost of the camps conforms in proportion to the number of members present in each age.
I make observations on all sectors on the map.
It is not necessary to conquer a sector to find out what goods are required for construction. We have a browser and a developer panel in it. All the required goods can be viewed without spending a single battle.

Boo...

Marquis
It is very interesting!
Maybe different algorithms are used for different countries? At the beginning of 2022, we also had compliance, now we don’t.

Beta567

Baronet
Yes, the amount of goods in an era must match the number of players in the guild. It's right. In theory. In practice, this is not the case.
Within the era, a random selection.
I think Juber just said that it is not a "must". It doesn't matter how many players you have in one specific era 1 or 10. Goods requirement is based on random formula.
I also think you are trying to find something that doesn't exist. First of all if you want to prove something is broken you need to present much longer time frame statistics facts. I would say at least a year. In this case with goods it should be longer.
I saw people discussed this topic earlier that goods requirements in GBG are not actually random and Inno has some shady algorithm that hits your guild with a specific type of goods every GBG season or at least for a few seasons in a row. This is BS. I'm sorry to disappoint.

Boo...

Marquis
I think Juber just said that it is not a "must". It doesn't matter how many players you have in one specific era 1 or 10. Goods requirement is based on random formula.
I also think you are trying to find something that doesn't exist. First of all if you want to prove something is broken you need to present much longer time frame statistics facts. I would say at least a year. In this case with goods it should be longer.
I saw people discussed this topic earlier that goods requirements in GBG are not actually random and Inno has some shady algorithm that hits your guild with a specific type of goods every GBG season or at least for a few seasons in a row. This is BS. I'm sorry to disappoint.
I don't want to prove anything. Especially if you think that random numbers are not controllable.
I drew your attention to the fact that the algorithm for calculating the required goods has already been changed in relation to 2022.
And, Watchtower and Siege Camp on guild battlegrounds are not required to reduce guild activity.

Beta567

Baronet
I don't want to prove anything. Especially if you think that random numbers are not controllable.
I drew your attention to the fact that the algorithm for calculating the required goods has already been changed in relation to 2022.
And, Watchtower and Siege Camp on guild battlegrounds are not required to reduce guild activity.
When you say "the required goods has already been changed in relation to 2022" prove it. Those numbers you showed us above don't prove anything. Otherwise it is just blah blah blah.
and when you say "I don't want to prove anything" people will not take you serious if you can't show that facts you are talking about are actually true.