• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Yes only 2x "3 slots" on my map :D sound good :cool:
2vhe.jpg
Inno have heard us ? Strange ! (but sooo goood)

Last edited:
In comparing Waterfall maps with other players on the US server it appears that no two maps are alike with regard to building slots on tiles. I didn't check to see if the total number of slots is constant.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
FYI: I got some answers regarding the different units, negotiations and lower chance for fragments. We will later add it to the FAQ, so here is just a shorter answer:
Units: It is intended, that the units are different, to bring you a bit more variety.
Negotiations: This has changed and is intended too. There are now more 4 and 6 option negotiations, than on the volcano map. Compared to the volcano map, there are more 6 option negotiations in general, however these extra ones contain supplies and coins as costs. Other ones have coins and supplies added to them as well. In general more coins and supplies are necessary to negotiate on the waterfall map.
Fragment: This is also intended. It was rebalanced to ensure that the reward is less attainable, and therefore allowing for more competition on the feature. The coin and supply rewards were not added to reduce the chance. As you have noticed here on beta, the coins and supplies were not part of the initial rewards. We reduced the amount of forge points and added the coins/supplies instead. The chance for the fragment is the same, as it was in the initial balancing.

Yekk

Viceroy
FYI: I got some answers regarding the different units, negotiations and lower chance for fragments. We will later add it to the FAQ, so here is just a shorter answer:
Units: It is intended, that the units are different, to bring you a bit more variety.
Negotiations: This has changed and is intended too. There are now more 4 and 6 option negotiations, than on the volcano map. Compared to the volcano map, there are more 6 option negotiations in general, however these extra ones contain supplies and coins as costs. Other ones have coins and supplies added to them as well. In general more coins and supplies are necessary to negotiate on the waterfall map.
Fragment: This is also intended. It was rebalanced to ensure that the reward is less attainable, and therefore allowing for more competition on the feature. The coin and supply rewards were not added to reduce the chance. As you have noticed here on beta, the coins and supplies were not part of the initial rewards. We reduced the amount of forge points and added the coins/supplies instead. The chance for the fragment is the same, as it was in the initial balancing.

The players who get stuffed love the coins and supply...WAIT...they get no fights...

Noname 5.0

Steward
All the battlegrounds maps I’ve played on lately have been the opposite of what they should be.
All the provinces with the most slots for buildings are towards the middle. Where they are not needed as much as the are at the beginning of the battleground.
This is driving small guilds like our to just sit battlegrounds out to go down to a more friendly level where they can compete.
I don’t want to keep sitting out battlegrounds I want to do attacking but without the use of siege camps it impossible to get very many rewards for resources spent .
Give me buildings with 3 slot to place siege camps in close to my (HQ) base so I don’t have to go down a league to be able to utilize them like the larger guilds do . I won’t have go down a league n I will give the larger guilds 3 or 5 provinces to recapture a day instead of 1 or 0 provinces per session. It’s a win win for everyone.
Because in my country 30 to 50 provinces to recapture equals more than 1 or 0 .
I want to stay in the diamond league and keep attacking up to help larger guilds get more targets.
But the way things are now it’s more profitable to sit diamond league out n go down to platinum.

Noname 5.0

Steward
Finally give him three slots in the HQ! Let him sit in his HQ without fighting but with three slots.:rolleyes:
Everyone in my guild battle until until their attraction levels reach 50 to 60 ,there for we don’t just sit there without fighting. We battle without siege camps without gaining any ground because 60 x 3 = 160 points.
You roll your eyes at wanting to get more than one province a day .
Forgot the slots for any buildings n just play with out siege camps or any buildings that give unfair advantage to guilds larger guilds. See how far your guild gets when they have to pay 160 attrition per provinces.
Don’t roll your eyes at my comments our guild puts forth with 4 members over 3,000 battles per session that hardly shows not fighting. It just shows that with all the fighting we do is for nothing.
Life is not fair I agree with you on that owl II . But games we play should be fair.
We don’t want to have to play against larger guilds so they can just pad their victories up .
All my comments are about making a bad situation better for all that play battleground.
if you had not rolled your eyes at the comments I made you would have seen that with the use of siege camps my guild would give you 60 more provinces to re capture instead of 10 or 0 .

faramir

Farmer
cancel battlefield changes.
how i don't understand who may want the old cb when the new one is much better and with better rewards.
I hope you don't fix it and you don't mess it up.
stop changing battlefields and just leave the new better version.
or, as I mentioned, upgrade the statue of honor and the attack bonus or defense bonus for the attacking army.
i don't know english translated via google translator

Noname 5.0

Steward
cancel battlefield changes.
how i don't understand who may want the old cb when the new one is much better and with better rewards.
I hope you don't fix it and you don't mess it up.
stop changing battlefields and just leave the new better version.
or, as I mentioned, upgrade the statue of honor and the attack bonus or defense bonus for the attacking army.
i don't know english translated via google translator
I agree that the new battle field has more advantages for smaller guilds the only thing I don’t understand is the placement of provinces with multiple slots. They should be more slots at the beginning provinces and less towards the middle ones .getting middle provinces should be harder to achieve then easier.
Getting more points for easy provinces does not even make any sense.
Getting to the top should be harder to get n keep.

Owl II

Emperor
Everyone in my guild battle until until their attraction levels reach 50 to 60 ,there for we don’t just sit there without fighting. We battle without siege camps without gaining any ground because 60 x 3 = 160 points.
You roll your eyes at wanting to get more than one province a day .
Forgot the slots for any buildings n just play with out siege camps or any buildings that give unfair advantage to guilds larger guilds. See how far your guild gets when they have to pay 160 attrition per provinces.
Don’t roll your eyes at my comments our guild puts forth with 4 members over 3,000 battles per session that hardly shows not fighting. It just shows that with all the fighting we do is for nothing.
Life is not fair I agree with you on that owl II . But games we play should be fair.
We don’t want to have to play against larger guilds so they can just pad their victories up .
All my comments are about making a bad situation better for all that play battleground.
I don't go and whine every hour that I'm not allowed to fhight. I just go and take what I can. If I can't, then I go to develop my guild. Looking for new players. I invest tons of FP and goods in their development. I am building a treasury to don't have problems with the SC. I'm building up my city so I can do all this. And yes, I will roll my eyes at the whining of those who do not want to do the same, but just came to stomp their foot that they are not allowed to play.
if you had not rolled your eyes at the comments I made you would have seen that with the use of siege camps my guild would give you 60 more provinces to re capture instead of 10 or 0 .
If you remember the original concept, this is a battlefield, not a begging field. I don't need anything from you. I'll take whatever I need myself.

Kronan

Viceroy
The bottom line on fair is that the assessment of such is in the eyes and mind of the beholder.

The real bottom line is: It doesn't matter if it's fair to any of us or not. If it makes INNO more money being unfair (in your perception) then that's the bottom line. If enough people stop playing it because they don't like the values or time investment, or rewards or , or , or... then that's your answer about it.

Suggest how to make it fairer to your VISION of fair, but there is NO UNIVERSAL vision or conclusion of that in the player population. To some, FAIR is personal achievement and anything that makes that better is "fair".

The Colosseum in Rome wasn't a fair place for gladiators about to die by the hand of other gladiators or a pack of hungry lions who hadn't eaten in 4 days.

But people who went there to watch on multiple occasions think they got a fair value for their time, or else they wouldn't keep doing it.

Yekk

Viceroy
[QUOTE="Owl II, post: 129158, member: 9560"

If you remember the original concept, this is a battlefield, not a begging field. I don't need anything from you. I'll take whatever I need myself.
[/QUOTE]

GBG is not a battlefield and has not been since the first guilds used diplomacy realizing working out deals made better sense than using all their goods on traps and fortresses. I do not agree either with put 3 slots on a HQ. 2 would suffice. Platinum and lower guilds would see little change other than their players get more fights and may see the game in a better light. Such players would spend more on events as now they see why they need such buildings. Diamond leagues guilds like Noname's and mine will still not want the middle. We would be happy using diplomacy to trade our home tiles with you moving down to where the original designers said we would end up, platinum.

It still comes down to the fact every guild is a chess grandmaster in GBG...There is no balancing like Inno originally promised... All we have is everyone moves up...

Owl II

Emperor
GBG is not a battlefield and has not been since the first guilds used diplomacy realizing working out deals made better sense than using all their goods on traps and fortresses.
Yes, these are agro fields now. But this is not what the developers wanted. This is not what most advanced players want. That's what Noname wants. Give him the opportunity to farm on an equal footing with the tops. without making any effort. Life is unfair...
I do not agree either with put 3 slots on a HQ. 2 would suffice. Platinum and lower guilds would see little change other than their players get more fights and may see the game in a better light. Such players would spend more on events as now they see why they need such buildings. Diamond leagues guilds like Noname's and mine will still not want the middle. We would be happy using diplomacy to trade our home tiles with you moving down to where the original designers said we would end up, platinum.

It still comes down to the fact every guild is a chess grandmaster in GBG...There is no balancing like Inno originally promised... All we have is everyone moves up...
Noname wants his neighbors on the map to play as he needs. Noname wants Inno do for him what the other players do for themselves. Question: what is Noname ready to do? For Inno or for players of other guilds. What the hell Noname willing to do for yourself? Oh, wait, I'll guess. He will "give" us 60 provinces if inno gives him the SC, and we will not take them away from him. Thanks, no. My guild needs 300 where he will give 60. It's just different weight categories. He just shouldn't be in the same group with us. This is the main problem.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
There is no balancing like Inno originally promised
LPs made it possible to dispatcher guilds within leagues, especially in the early days when we all started out in Copper.

Currently, it has become rubbish and if GbG were really a championship, it would be enough to limit guilds within leagues.

On my main world there are:
- 67 Diamond guilds, divided into 9 GBG;
- 100 guilds in Platinum, divided into 13 GBG;
- 131 Gold guilds, divided into 17 GBG;
- 163 Silver guilds, divided into 21 GBG;
- an unspecified number of guilds active in the Copper league.

If inno were to decide that only the first in a league can go up and the last two go down, regardless of LPs, and we limit each GbG to 6 guilds, we would potentially have:
- 24 Diamond guilds, divided into 4 GBG;
- 48 guilds in Platinum, divided into 8 GBG;
- 96 Gold guilds, divided into 16 GBG;
- 192 Silver guilds, divided into 32 GBG;
- the rest in the Copper League, with only the 32 bests that would go up in Silver based on the total VP at the end of GbG.

Thus the "yoyo" effect would be largely attenuated and the leagues would be much more balanced after 3 or 4 sessions.
Then to motivate the guilds to grow in league, the "roads of victory" and "irrigated gardens" should only be won in the Diamond league.