• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Hey All. I've diligently read all of the posts on this thread as well as similar threads on the US Forum. I think that the discussion is great, really. However, one thing puzzles me. Where are these aggrieved guilds and why are they not providing commentary regarding what should be done to encourage a higher level of participation from them? Case in point, on the US server we just finished the first season on the Waterfall map. On opening day, when every guild starts fresh, 5 diamond 1000 guilds on our map did not even make an attempt to take a sector. I'm all for making GBG more competitive but how sympathetic should I be towards guilds that seem to have a "I cannot win so I won't even try" mentality? Full disclosure, I'm in one of the top GBG guilds on my main world.

Yekk

Viceroy
Hey All. I've diligently read all of the posts on this thread as well as similar threads on the US Forum. I think that the discussion is great, really. However, one thing puzzles me. Where are these aggrieved guilds and why are they not providing commentary regarding what should be done to encourage a higher level of participation from them? Case in point, on the US server we just finished the first season on the Waterfall map. On opening day, when every guild starts fresh, 5 diamond 1000 guilds on our map did not even make an attempt to take a sector. I'm all for making GBG more competitive but how sympathetic should I be towards guilds that seem to have a "I cannot win so I won't even try" mentality? Full disclosure, I'm in one of the top GBG guilds on my main world.

A very unfair system forced them into your league. One that gave no chance to use SC's to move on the map. They would be stuffed. Those five guilds would prefer to stay in Platinum where the social game play rules work differently. In chess getting to International Master(IM) has a bunch of added requirements. Done to limit their "Diamond League Guilds". It is a fair system that says beating on the weak does not make you a IM. Winning against the strong does. We do not have that in GBG.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Right now the 4 hr lockouts are the only thing preventing players from getting rewards 24/7.

So no, I don’t mean balancing with a increase. I mean a max cap of receivable rewards per sector, per 4 hrs, per player to make sure the maximum players get now would remain the maximum if 4 hr lockouts are removed.
That's clever and I agreed, I've overlooked such exploits. Maybe 1-5 rewards or none at all for the first 4h the province has been taken?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
In the same crazy style of idea, it would be easy to determine whether a guild takes a card for competition or for individual wins by limiting the payout percentages on the first 100 matches per hour per player.
Thus a player making 160 fights over an hour would only have a 48% chance of winning on the first 100 and 0 on the following 60 and would have to wait for the next hour to try to win again on the first 100 fights. .
This would add a strategic dimension to the current nag mode!

Devilsangel

Baronet
Size of a guild isn't really the main issue, there are semi small guilds, like mine (30ish people) that always try being a pain in the ass for big ones that farm and then there are lazy big ones who just dont care that much for gbg to fight enough against those farmers and prefer sliding back down to platinum or lower League diamond.
We were back in platinum only once since we reached diamond a long time ago. But a big part of our guild hates farming gbg, we prefer the competition and rarely agree to swaps, mostly only when the rest of the map is dead weight and there's nothing better to do. When there are swaps on our maps we try staying third and break through when we can, and we try every 4h)
SC in camp would probably be appropriated in those cases, so when we finally do there is still at least a little attrition left to fight another few rounds)

Owl II

Emperor
As a dominating player do you mean ensure that you have fights all day long and 3 slots in every sector to be sure you can fight with no attrition, is that what you mean by "improve the gaming experience for us?"

Innogames should create a map for ego's where they can pay individual SC and farm points all day long.
As a strong player I still hope that this feeder will be closed and made into a fighting gameplay, as promised at the beginning! And what do you want? To make a hole in this feeder for you?

Owl II

Emperor
Beta is not a accurate statistic
Beta is a sluggish server. I gave it as an example only because everyone has access to data. You can watch yours if you want. I looked at my data. 6000 fighters, according to statistics. Exactly 100 guilds in a diamond. Half of them have 1000 LP. This amounts to more than 2600 players. Whose experience will we consider?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Stop. Let's not be unfounded. How did you measure? I opened a statistics website. Statistics say that there are 5700 active players on beta. 2,400 of them play in top-50 guilds. It's all a diamond league. And almost all of it is 1000 LP. How do you determine who of them is capable of a normal organization, and who needs a crutch in the form of 2 free SC? It doesn't matter in general. They're not me. But I'm playing it too. And along with me, there are from 30 to 50 guilds in my world who can independently organize themselves 2 SC. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the gaming experience for us?

The top 50 includes many so-called weak guilds in my experience - that may get 2 siege camps at points but do constantly have to re-establish. And if you're not the top guild that stays in the center, it'd benefit you too (which the top guilds that stay in center is less than half the diamond guilds most rounds - occasionally you see a 4-way swap farm but usually it's 2-3 guilds that get to not be locked in) - because whether your goal is to get back to the center occasionally, or simply to have some fights around your HQ, you're going to have to reestablish repeatedly. That is most diamond guilds. And most guilds are still not diamond guilds.

And the point is to get to the point where guilds want to win. Diamond has better rewards than platinum - good. But if a guild winds up with only 10% of the fights in diamond that they'd have got in platinum, they don't want to go there. And someone else who shouldn't be put there at all winds up going in their place. So you tackle that from both ends:

1) getting stuffed needs some attrition relief so being in diamond when you can't compete isn't so bad. Maybe it lets you do more, maybe it just lets it not feel so bad.

2) making sure there's not a buffet of free fights in platinum so that the comparison isn't as stretched.

End result: platinum guilds go "maybe it's not so bad to play to win" and the strongest of the platinum are the ones that raise up instead of the ones that just don't care about sandbagging. You need to attack it from both sides to get the "mid-strength" guilds to go to 1000 instead of the "how did that guild get to 1000?" guilds.

Emberguard

Emperor
Beta is a sluggish server. I gave it as an example only because everyone has access to data. You can watch yours if you want. I looked at my data. 6000 fighters, according to statistics. Exactly 100 guilds in a diamond. Half of them have 1000 LP. This amounts to more than 2600 players. Whose experience will we consider?
It’s sluggish because people don’t play Beta the way they do a Live server. It’s an irrelevant number to say there’s 6,000 fighters if you can’t put it into context, which is impossible to do when you can’t separate testing from those playing as if it were a proper world.

To get proper numbers you’d need to go to a proper server. EN or US would do for a english speaking server. But really it wouldn’t matter which server as long as it’s a Live server and not Beta where the behaviour is different. There are definitely patterns that are observable, just the relevant numbers are what happens on a proper world people intend to play

Owl II

Emperor
It’s sluggish because people don’t play Beta the way they do a Live server. It’s an irrelevant number to say there’s 6,000 fighters if you can’t put it into context, which is impossible to do when you can’t separate testing from those playing as if it were a proper world.

To get proper numbers you’d need to go to a proper server. EN or US would do for a english speaking server. But really it wouldn’t matter which server as long as it’s a Live server and not Beta where the behaviour is different. There are definitely patterns that are observable, just the relevant numbers are what happens on a proper world people intend to play
6000 is the data of my live server. You can refer to your. I don't just have an account on these servers. But I see data on the statistics website. They are not much different from ours. There may be more worlds. The address of the statistics sites is known. Foestats has not been working for more than a month, but activity indicators are unlikely to have changed radically during this time.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
but activity indicators are unlikely to have changed radically during this time.
Unless the "awesome" recent GbG update drawn in interest due to the new building and fancy new map. Though it's indeed not very likely judging from the feedback.

Owl II

Emperor
The top 50 includes many so-called weak guilds in my experience - that may get 2 siege camps at points but do constantly have to re-establish. And if you're not the top guild that stays in the center, it'd benefit you too (which the top guilds that stay in center is less than half the diamond guilds most rounds - occasionally you see a 4-way swap farm but usually it's 2-3 guilds that get to not be locked in) - because whether your goal is to get back to the center occasionally, or simply to have some fights around your HQ, you're going to have to reestablish repeatedly. That is most diamond guilds. And most guilds are still not diamond guilds.

And the point is to get to the point where guilds want to win. Diamond has better rewards than platinum - good. But if a guild winds up with only 10% of the fights in diamond that they'd have got in platinum, they don't want to go there. And someone else who shouldn't be put there at all winds up going in their place. So you tackle that from both ends:

1) getting stuffed needs some attrition relief so being in diamond when you can't compete isn't so bad. Maybe it lets you do more, maybe it just lets it not feel so bad.

2) making sure there's not a buffet of free fights in platinum so that the comparison isn't as stretched.

Конечный результат: платиновые гильдии говорят: «Может быть, не так уж и плохо играть на победу», и самые сильные из платиновых - это те, которые поднимаются, а не те, которые просто не заботятся о мешках с песком. Вам нужно атаковать его с обеих сторон, чтобы гильдии "средней силы" поднялись до 1000, а не "как эта гильдия добралась до 1000?" гильдии.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

End result: platinum guilds go "maybe it's not so bad to play to win" and the strongest of the platinum are the ones that raise up instead of the ones that just don't care about sandbagging. You need to attack it from both sides to get the "mid-strength" guilds to go to 1000 instead of the "how did that guild get to 1000?" guilds.
Don't worry about these weak and offended players. I see them regularly in the rivals of my training guild, in platinum and lower diamond. These unfortunate people do not hesitate to score those who are weaker than them. And they act even more abominably. If the provinces in the top are blocked for 4 hours by locks, then there they block the map with flags and can stand for days. They do not beat and do not give others. The guilds need a reason to fight and strive for victory. You don't offer a reason. You offer a little more feed. Near the HQ.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Unless the "awesome" recent GbG update drawn in interest due to the new building and fancy new map. Though it's indeed not very likely judging from the feedback.

There is a certain amount of intrigue inherent to just "something's new".

One of the guilds I'm in is overall sounding positive on the new map, but that could just be the composition of the round we just had on it more-so than the map itself. Two of the top 5-ish guilds on the server that are enemies were in the group and we got to play assistant to one of them - which sounds like a bit more fun than our usual rounds where it's usually just filthy farming.

A friend of mine just likes any building that has an animal theme, so is excited for getting an elephant (even if it is likely to take quite a few rounds).

It'll also probably take a few rounds before more people come around to "this is just the same thing with a different paint job".

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
There is a certain amount of intrigue inherent to just "something's new".

One of the guilds I'm in is overall sounding positive on the new map, but that could just be the composition of the round we just had on it more-so than the map itself. Two of the top 5-ish guilds on the server that are enemies were in the group and we got to play assistant to one of them - which sounds like a bit more fun than our usual rounds where it's usually just filthy farming.

A friend of mine just likes any building that has an animal theme, so is excited for getting an elephant (even if it is likely to take quite a few rounds).

It'll also probably take a few rounds before more people come around to "this is just the same thing with a different paint job".
Yeah it was to be expected tbh. Something new often follows with a bit of hype. Look no further then Beta, events but in particular new ages arriving in Beta. Even while many haven't bothered progressing all the way through the tt (which I can understand as it'll become increasingly harder. An large influx of sudden activity at Beta and after the hype it dies down quickly with it. I was kinda expecting something similar happening with the new GbG map.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Don't worry about these weak and offended players. I see them regularly in the rivals of my training guild, in platinum and lower diamond. These unfortunate people do not hesitate to score those who are weaker than them. And they act even more abominably. If the provinces in the top are blocked for 4 hours by locks, then there they block the map with flags and can stand for days. They do not beat and do not give others The guilds need a reason to fight and strive for victory. You don't offer a reason. You offer a little more feed. Near the HQ.

They *can't* win the group - and that's fine - someone's gotta lose. The point is it has to be better to lose in diamond than have it easy in platinum - otherwise they *try* to lose in platinum.

I also don't see many of those "flags all around" guilds in low-diamond or high-platinum anymore *unless* they're either trying to lose (the flag is up because they don't want the VP of taking it - specifically so they don't go back to diamond) or trying to let someone get further out so they have more to take.

It certainly used to be a thing though when people actually considered winning in platinum desirable :p

Noname 5.0

Steward
Narcissist , there no reason to keep arguing with a narcissist.
Her guild she is in is very strong. But it had nothing to do with anything she has done. She acts like a founder which she isn’t even responsible for applications to ASGARD . She claims that she has improved the treasury, which is also not true ASGARG has 60 + members with Arc most of which are over level 80 . Since there are no crowns or stars associated with her name. Doubt he even has the power place flags or build buildings.
Prove me wrong have general of battleground operations place under your name.
The only reason you are strong is because you joined a very strong guild. Get over yourself you aren’t that important.
Any one that says a boy from a younger team should stand on a bench so he could look older.
Or that all a light weight boxer has to do to compete with heavy weights is get a larger mouthpiece is completely out of touch with the real world.

Rautapupu

Farmer
Not sure where to post this question. I guess this thread will do, because you are working on fixing certain issues with the GBG.

So, in the live game the old map is on again. My guild and four other guilds are sitting by the shore with not much chance to conquer any provinces - either one of the two largest guilds at the arena has flagged them all. They're swapping provinces. Their best players get a couple of thousand fights a day while I get maybe 50, because we can't have any siege camps.

And yes, our guild plays as a team and we know the game, there is nothing we could do better. There just is no way to break free from your base when two other guilds are teamed up and do everything they can to keep you locked up.

I'm wondering how is this swapping not something other games call "abuse of the game mechanics for your own gain".

Get rid of the old map completely? Add some limit to the fights or rewards? Make every guild start over from their base at the daily reset? I used to love this game, but now I've gotten to spectate swapping season after season. Quitting feels like a good idea. The game is broken, fix it, please.