• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Guild attrition list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
So the commanders of GB will know how much power guild have in diffrent time. Depending of ppl online, their attrition and capability. Also knowing who is avoiding "hard" sector, or not doing everything (only for top of the top guilds)
Details
The simple list - same as how many fights or negotations pps did, showing actual attrition
OR
at least, shot attrition the person ended the day.
Balance
0 impact
Abuse Prevention
0 impact - only guilds with abusvie chief will suffer, but the solution is simple - change leader or change guilds so the sick mad chief will be alone.
Summary
It will make easier to know which player is doing 100% of they power, and how much power does the guild have for example at 20:00, 10:00 etc.
In the second version - just to know who is doing 100% and who is doing only "light" sectors.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Didnt see
Hello there again.
Simple idea - add the actual status of members attrition.
It would help the commanders of GB to decide if we fight or no for "hard" sectors etc.

Also knowing who is avoiding "hard" sector, or not doing everything (only for top of the top guilds)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
good idea

let's take day 1 of a season
a player doing all his fights on the first sector without siege camps is helping the guild more than a player doing 10 times the fights in the evening attrition free

it should summarize the attrition of the whole season
so a new column "total attrition" will be added

We don't need "Attrition Police".
the normal "GBG police" is enough ?
warning players / kicking because they haven't done enough

:rolleyes:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am basically in favour of the proposition, because I like data and I made this or a similar proposal before. But I also see a good reason for the opposition. Players tend to draw wrong conclusions und will "police" others whether they have any fault or not.

E.g.: a players RL only allows them to be active in the afternoon, so they fight with typically less attrition - are they now guilty of anything?

On the other hand you can already deduce similar data from the number of fights displayed in the game.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The problem is that if you give players the tools to "judge" other players they will abuse that - that is just how most human brains work.

And again you are under the false assumption that an idea for a feature that a minority of players would find interesting is needed for everyone.

In regards to the "unfairness" of one player doing the early shift with high attrition and another doing the late shift with less attrition, I once proposed that players should have a chance to get rewards for battles that other players do according to their current attrition level. So someone that racks up a lot of attrition early in the day will benefit from all fights that the other players do later in the day.

But regarding the change in how siege camps work (that I hope will soon come to live), both of our suggestions will likely be unnecessary.

CrashBoom

Legend
The problem is that if you give players the tools to "judge" other players they will abuse that
and what is with the tool "fights / negotations"
guilds already use that to warn / kick players for not doing enough

but the attrition list would make the judgement more fair:
players with low fights/negotiations but high attrition are a bigger help for the rest because they do the sectors the players with thousands of fight don't do

let's take a guild which has 300 advances minimum and warn / kick players not doing that
but would those now kick a player with 250 advances but 150 attrition but keep players doing 300 advances with 30 attrition
(values per season)

so you don't want judgement tools. but would you then also support removing the "fights / negotiation" counter ?

E.g.: a players RL only allows them to be active in the afternoon, so they fight with typically less attrition - are they now guilty of anything?
actually players who can play when they want get less attrition

those are waiting for sectors with 3 or 4+ siege camps

Last edited:
those are waiting for sectors with 3 or 4+ siege camps
those are insect. Which would be also caught with this tool
this tool i s especially for them, becasue if i see 1000 fights and 20 attrition, while other has 500 fights nad 70 attrition i know which one should be kicked :D

The next idea will be the list of players which were fighting in sector. And we will know who is fighting only on free sector and avoids hard ones

those are insect. Which would be also caught with this tool
this tool i s especially for them, becasue if i see 1000 fights and 20 attrition, while other has 500 fights nad 70 attrition i know which one should be kicked :D
The next idea will be the list of players which were fighting in sector. And we will know who is fighting only on free sector and avoids hard ones
It's easy to see who the "attrition avoiders" are. They are the players that never show up at 8am on opening day or, even worse, wait until the initial few sectors have been taken enabling them to attack low attrition sectors. Sure, RL may prevent some players from playing at 8am on alternate Thursdays so there will be exceptions. Opening day is when attrition really matters and no additional tools are needed to see who never participates.

It's easy to see who the "attrition avoiders" are. They are the players that never show up at 8am on opening day or, even worse, wait until the initial few sectors have been taken enabling them to attack low attrition sectors. Sure, RL may prevent some players from playing at 8am on alternate Thursdays so there will be exceptions. Opening day is when attrition really matters and no additional tools are needed to see who never participates.
nah, they usually show, do 1 fights, disapear, and we dont have a tool to see who was fighting on which sector. Or you have 10 sector in row. 5 with 4 camps, 4 with 3 camps, and it goes "free" "hard" etc. And the person is hitting only free sector. YOu have to refresh foe helper every sector and have a chance to see this. Such list implemented in game would help a lot.

also you can make competitions in guild like, who will do most negotations on beach on secor Ax - 100 PR, etc.

nah, they usually show, do 1 fights, disapear, and we dont have a tool to see who was fighting on which sector. Or you have 10 sector in row. 5 with 4 camps, 4 with 3 camps, and it goes "free" "hard" etc. And the person is hitting only free sector. YOu have to refresh foe helper every sector and have a chance to see this. Such list implemented in game would help a lot.

also you can make competitions in guild like, who will do most negotations on beach on secor Ax - 100 PR, etc.
Yes, this is all that it takes. It's easy on opening day and during swaps. Not so easy when taking outer ring "snacks" at odd times during the day. Anyway, the SC nerf will make this issue moot. There will be no more players hitting zero attrition sectors exclusively.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
More monitoring, more resentment and more envy. We don't need that.

I'm in a guild where many members have little or no interest in playing GBG. So what would be the use to know, that such players have a very low or zero attrition?

I don't think it would do much good. Knowing everyone's attrition doesn't mean that they are logged in and ready to fight in tough sectors.

Knowing everyone's attrition doesn't mean that they are logged in and ready to fight in tough sectors.
Well if they are saying " i have too much attrition" they can lie

and if they are in 1,9 and not hitting GB while low attrition also means sth :D

Of course it is not a solution for every problem, but such info can really help guild rulers to know which memeber is doing what.

Well if they are saying " i have too much attrition" they can lie

and if they are in 1,9 and not hitting GB while low attrition also means sth :D

Of course it is not a solution for every problem, but such info can really help guild rulers to know which memeber is doing what.
I don't mean to seem rude but are you a Guild Leader? The reason I'm asking is that nearly all guilds (including those in D1K) have a distribution of fights where a small number (+/- 25%) of the members do nearly all of the fighting. You are suggesting a tool that is surgical. Meanwhile, guild leaders are not very motivated to use the blunt instruments that they have (e.g. enforce and/or raise the minimum performance standards). I agree with @tunix, implementation of this tool would increase resentment and harm morale.

I don't mean to seem rude but are you a Guild Leader? The reason I'm asking is that nearly all guilds (including those in D1K) have a distribution of fights where a small number (+/- 25%) of the members do nearly all of the fighting. You are suggesting a tool that is surgical. Meanwhile, guild leaders are not very motivated to use the blunt instruments that they have (e.g. enforce and/or raise the minimum performance standards). I agree with @tunix, implementation of this tool would increase resentment and harm morale.
Yes and we have only a minimum of 750 points for a GB toournament which is in my opinion kinda low. We are the best guild in GB on our server so i know what i am doing :D
And i am using foe helper etc, but many players dont know what it is <mobile> and sometimes they dont believie this tools, that we are lyings. Have such list implementend in games will help a lot to deal with parasites in guilds. Many was already caught and kicked, but maybe a few left

and the point is - i value more the 100 points with 0 camps, than 1000 with 4 camps - but both are neccesary. Thats why, i would like every memeber to finish day with like 75 attrition. So i know they are not only hitting for free fights, but care for guild outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.