• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Graphics Overlap Glitch

• Thread starter DeletedUser8404
  • Start date

DeletedUser8404

I reported this issue on the live servers several weeks ago, and was told by one of the techs there that "Most buildings will do that from time to time." and that "It happens more during events. The reason is because there are more moving parts to the game." I didn't buy that for a second, and we're certainly not in an event on Beta now. I tried to say that I'd never seen it before in the six months I've been here, during events or otherwise, but the ticket got flagged as Answered and eventually Closed, and my issue ignored. So, I'm trying the forums here on Beta instead, since the most recent example occurred in my Beta city. Let me start by giving a rather amusing example of my house being on fire:

upload_2018-1-4_16-18-58.png

This is relatively minor, all things considered, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be happening. It never used to. This is something that's only cropped up significantly for me in the last few weeks to a month. Here's the example that I submitted when I first opened the ticket:

upload_2018-1-4_16-21-34.png

As you can see, this one doesn't even involve new buildings, but just moved buildings.

Am I crazy for thinking that this is actually not normal, or at least that it shouldn't be dismissed as normal?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Can you tell me specific buildings you have noticed this with?

Andi47

Overlord
I have also seen this on Live.

To reproduce (8/10) move a building, which is in the background behind an other building. (or take it with the "move" function and place it back to where it was)

I guess, in screenshot 1 (original post) the house (construction site) was either moved or newly built, and in screenshot 2 (original post) I guess that the rose garden war moved. At least that is how the glitch happens to me.

Moving or taking/placing back the foreground building sometimes helps - if not, reload definitively helps.

DeletedUser8404

I agree with the poster above me: this only ever happens when moving buildings, I believe. In the "house on fire" image I posted, I'd built the house somewhere else, then moved it. I can't recall ever seeing this for a new building, but honestly, it's been cropping up so much, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Can you tell me specific buildings you have noticed this with?
It's been everything...houses, goods buildings, event buildings, you name it. I think I've seen it more in my HMA/LMA cities, but that could just be because I haven't been moving things around much in my EMA cities.

Andi47

Overlord
It also happens in Arctic or Oceanic eras - and with ALL types of buildings (including GBs). It is not the building type which triggers the bug, it is the type of action (in almost all cases: moving the building in the background). Not sure whether it also happens when setting a new building.

DeletedUser8530

Old fault that has re-appeared. whenever moving city around in any era both beta and live.
To correct the issue I need to select one of the foreground bulldings that has been cropped to move even without moving it. It will correct the whole row of cropped buildings