• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Goods, buildings and next Era

DeletedUser

As time goes by you advance into a new Era, the space available to build new buidlings becomes more and more limited.
So my question if for more advanced players. It's all about evolution.

I went from Bronze Era to Iron Age. I replaced my warrior building for a solider building, In the comings days i will replace my sling thrower building for a archer building. Should we do this to the goods building also? I have the Dye Works for some time now, i need the space to build the Iron Age goods building available like weaving mill, iron foundry, etc. Can i replace the dye works or should i just be patient and wait for more available space. Is "Dye" needed has the game advances??

Thanks.

DeletedUser

You can juggle buildings around as much as you like I know I did and still do dependant on what I need to unlock certain research paths, but don't forget you also unlock land expansions which over time gives you more room for more or newer buildings.

You'll see as you evolve that some older happiness supplies and even housing becomes obsolete compared to the newer unlocks. Some taking up less space some more space housing stays a standard 2 x 2 size, so over time you can have more and more goods buildings in a well balanced city. You will need more coin and supplies as you advance to build the later stage buildings so keeping a balance of all the above is a good idea, troops too once you start producing a few second age spear men the bronze age ones can be replaced (deleted) that'll free up more population for more buildings or troops.

As for Dye check out the players guide section, there's a spreadsheet there tells you quantities of each good type required for research unlocks (although it doesn't tell you the negotiate needs should you decide to buy a province rather than fight).

hope that helps a bit :)

DeletedUser

Of course it does help.

I've been upgrading buildings (houses, cultural, etc) as i evolve and more and made available.

After removing a goods building, let use the "Dye works" for an example. Do you also loose the goods?

EDIT:

Just removes my "Dye Works" and all goods are still in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice spreedsheet i found in the guide > players section.

You only need 27 Dye overall. So after that the building is no longer required.

Question answered. :)

DeletedUser

Nice spreedsheet i found in the guide > players section.

You only need 27 Dye overall. So after that the building is no longer required.

Question answered. :)

Actually you need them in the earlier ages (I vaguely remember)....just that no one has given us the figures to update the spreadsheet for the Bronze and Iron Age and I know for certain some provinces can be brought / negotiated for with Dye along with a combination of other goods and I suspect other future ages may also require more and more of each product.

As you found out and I missed that bit no once you've produced a good it won't disappear from the town hall unless used for unlocking research, buying provinces, possibly trading with a province (later game addition maybe) or possibly even trading with other players (we'll see if that happens I guess)

DeletedUser

yes, i used some dye to negociate some provinces. The first ones. After the tech in the bronze age you will only need dye later on. So its become obselete until "High Middle Age"

The thing missing in this game are "Gems" ehehe. I can't unlock those 3 expansions techs...

I'm already conquering East-Nagach

DeletedUser

yes, i used some dye to negociate some provinces. The first ones. After the tech in the bronze age you will only need dye later on. So its become obselete until "High Middle Age"

The thing missing in this game are "Gems" ehehe. I can't unlock those 3 expansions techs...

I'm already conquering East-Nagach

Ahh diamonds ....almost confused me as "gems" are a game resource ;)

DeletedUser

About the goods, I have paid dye for provinces with iron age/early middle age and even higher units because it's easier to buy them sometimes.
So in my opinion you can never produce enough goods :p
But it's your call :)

DeletedUser

About the goods, I have paid dye for provinces with iron age/early middle age and even higher units because it's easier to buy them sometimes.
So in my opinion you can never produce enough goods :p
But it's your call :)

Yes indeed agree with soulspark you can never have enough goods. With hindsight a spreadsheet of the goods needed to buy all the sectors within a province would also be very useful, too late for me to make one up now.

Guess that one will have to wait till we all get reset and the game goes live. Unless someone new starts from scratch wants to gather the information as they progress!

DeletedUser4

I must admit that I do like to use my goods to expand however only the excess goods. I dont want to block myself in my skilltree. A guide for all the goods would be very useful. Definitely something that can be added in the wiki once its open.

DeletedUser274

I follow a logic .. buildings as needed, build it, for lack of space. why would I want a building that does not benefit me at all?
SpeedyD did the guide, it helps to anticipate what you need. tells you the total amount of products needed in all stages and any extra is stored

DeletedUser

I think a spreadsheet for goods needed to buy a province would be difficult, indeed. Each one of us has different goods in each of the province (I have (2) iron, (2) marble and (1) Honey [which I haven't opened yet] and I'm in EMA. It would certainly help in future planning, though. (Wish now I had written down the cost of products for the ones I have, but I can still give the Honey one). The guide SpeedyD did has been a big help to me.

Pfefferberg - Freifrau Hagazussa= Color of sector when clicked on -Yellow Sector (on left) Ebony 12, Iron 8; Blue Sector-Cloth 12, Jewelry 8; Purple Sector Limestone 12, Cloth 8; Yellow Sector (on right) Iron 12, Limestone 8.

P.S. It would be interesting to see if all the sectors demand a 12; 8 combination or if it's just the Honey.

DeletedUser735

Yeah i know that, the same with me too as space became more & more limited & we need to per plan our things before starting making them. And y SpeedyD likes to post a big comment only ??? man!! reading big comments is like headache for me :p but carry on the good work SpeedyD :eek:

DeletedUser

LOL. I post "big comments" as you put it Rahatrubi, to explain things in the simplest form, more explanation in one post covering other possible answers leaves less questions to be answered at a later date and allows me to spend more time in game than posting in here. :D

Hey that's a short post for me :p

DeletedUser735

Yeah finally a short post , and good answer for ur cover :p