• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Good Age shown in GBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta-OD

Squire
Reason
People don't always remember exactly what good is in what age. They shouldn't have to, the hover-over should tell them like it does in most other places in the game.
Details
When you hover over a good now it tells you the name. I am proposing that when you hover over it in the future, it would tell you the name and the age.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
This does not open any possible exploits or cheats.
Summary
More information helps all and hurts none.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Visual Aids
[ATTACH=full]6479[/ATTACH]
Currently in GBG, the age of the goods you want to use is now shown. It would be helpful to know what age goods are from.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 85
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Really? After all this time playing do we need to read the age of a good at every screen?

What we need at GBG is to know how many of a good is needed to build a siege or whatever building, and if our inventory has or does not has that amount. We do not need to know the age of the good.

Bellasaurus

Merchant
Really? After all this time playing do we need to read the age of a good at every screen?

What we need at GBG is to know how many of a good is needed to build a siege or whatever building, and if our inventory has or does not has that amount. We do not need to know the age of the good.
If you change all the "we" in your statement to "I", you have a valid point. Not all players have eidetic memory capacity.

The reason for this proposal is " People don't always remember exactly what good is in what age. They shouldn't have to, the hover-over should tell them like it does in most other places in the game. " But, why people need to remember the era of the good while at GBG?

When do I (you / they / he / she / we ) need goods during GBG?
1. During a Negotiation
2. If building a Siege, Palace or whatever other building.

If negotiating...
Player select a sector, press Negotiate, negotiation screen opens, the player press button to offer a good to a Advisor, a selection screen opens with the choices available with image of good, how many are required for negotiation, and how many are available at the player's stock. Player select a good and continue negotiating with next advisor.
a. Why is needed to show the era of the good? If one of the goods options is Gasoline and the screens shows that 5 are needed and there are 4509 at inventory... Does it matter at this point if I (you, he, she, they, we) remember if Gasoline is PME, ME, or Industrial?
b. Why is that information (good era) needed to complete the negotiation?

If building a Siege, Palace or whatever...
Player select a sector, press the Buildings button, the buildings screen opens showing the slots available at the sector, which buildings are built (if any), and the list of buildings and their cost. The costs are displayed with image of the good, amount available at Treasury, and amount required to build. If all goods required are available, and there is a slot to place the building, the Build button can be pressed to build the Siege or whatever.
a. Why is needed to show the era of the good on screen? If one of the goods options is Gasoline and the screens shows that 258 are needed and there are 450,943 at Guild Treasury... Does it matter at this point if I (you, he, she, they, we) remember if Gasoline is PME, ME, or Industrial?
b. Why is that information (good era) needed to complete the construction?
===
The information needed at both cases is which good is required, how many are required, and how many are available. Going back to the Gasoline example, would the negotiation be done differently if the screen show the era of Gasoline? The decision of build a Siege at the sector would be another if the screen show the era of Gasoline?

Last edited:
I thought we needed goods from the current and the past era en GB, didn´t we?
Yes we do. Even if only two eras are involved (and I would think a player can remember the goods of the current era and the previous one), as
I posted before I dont see the need to have on screen the era of the good while in GBG.

Last edited:

vidicecilia

Baronet
If we only need goods from the current and the past era, it is not difficult to remember them. It will be good for our brains to make the effort to remember those few data

True, for buildng Sieges, Palaces, etc... But, Do you need to know the era of the goods to build one of these?
Every guild I've ever been in has limited using goods of certain eras due to having low funds in the coffer. So yes, this would vastly help to determine if I can build a building or not. I don't have a genius brain that can remember 90 goods which of the 18 ages they belong to.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Every guild I've ever been in has limited using goods of certain eras due to having low funds in the coffer. So yes, this would vastly help to determine if I can build a building or not. I don't have a genius brain that can remember 90 goods which of the 18 ages they belong to.

You are right.
Sorry, I think what I said is not accurate because I was looking at this issue from my point of view, which is that of a one-woman guild.

Beta-OD

Squire

Thank you for the thoughtful post. This is where this suggestion is coming from. There are often ages that only have a trickle of goods (low/no GB that gives guild goods) and, like you said, we try to limit their use in GBG when building.

It is much easier to remember 18 ages (although, it is usually only 3 or 4 ages of worry at any given time) than the specific goods that belong to those ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.