• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Global Activity Indicator - No, not an online indicator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10263

Reason
Recruit active members
Details
A simple yellow/red indicator beside the player in question much like the Guild member activity monitor already currently in place. Only for the whole world on that server. I scrub through the players ranking list to look for people without guilds and send them an invite based on the stats I can see. Nine out of ten times that player has quit playing days, weeks or months ago and I'm simply wasting my time sending out invites to dead players.
Balance
No adjustments needed as this is not to be confused with an Online indicator. It will only report O, yellow, or red like how the current guild member activity indicator only for the player ranking list.
Abuse Prevention
No abuse as this is not an Online indicator, it will only show if they player still logs in once in 3-7 days (Yellow), or none in 2 weeks (Red) so we don't waste time trying to recruit players who quit playing.
Summary
A good tool to help increase guild ranks and simply ignore dead or players who quit.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, the only wording I could find was someone who was against an Online Indicator which this is not.
Global Activity Indicator - No, not an online indicator! Much like how we guild leaders can see how active a guild member is, such indicator for the player ranking list would be helpful to help us recruit active members instead of sending out invites to players who have stopped playing. In a typical world, of 15k to 20k players less than 10% are actually active players.

Attachments

• Global.jpg
    Global.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 60
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
How can an activity indicator not be an online indicator?

An online indicator would tell if the player Is (or is not) online right now, when the player logs out or close the game the online indicator would go off.

The activity indicator would tell (as described in the idea) if the player still logs in once in 3-7 days (Yellow), or none in 2 weeks (Red). The activity indicator does not tell if that "once" time logged in:
  • is right now, or
  • it was a few minutes ago, or
  • three hours ago, or
  • two days ago.
Not the same thing, not spelled in the same way.
---
On the idea, I hope it is implemented.

Last edited:
The intervals definition at the idea has a gap, it says yellow for 3-7 days, and jumps to red if none in 2 weeks. but then which color for activity between the 8th day and before the14th to complete two weeks?

I would suggest a three (3) color Activity Indicator
  • Green: Player has been active, at least once in the past three (3) days (including but not necessarily right now).
  • Yellow: Player has not been active in the past three (3) days, but at least was active once in the past seven (7) days or ten (10) days (pick one limit).
  • Red: Player has not been active for longer than the limit of the previous level (7 or 10 days).
===
The solution can be used to identify active players to recruit to a guild (as the reason for the idea states), but also serve to
  • select active players to invite as friends, or
  • identify inactive friends to be removed from the list.
One solution to solve more than one problem / need.

Last edited:

ArianX

Merchant
Agreed, would be really useful to identify inactive players in friend list if you're not a guild leader looking for players to recruit, you could still benefit from it.

Umbrathor

Baronet
[Edit] I had not read this correctly. Apparently it shows the same indicator that the guild leaders can see, for all players. That is less of an issue for me. It can be handy for cleaning up your friends list. And make i harder for people who are not very active to get friend requests accepted.

Had it been an actual 'online' indicator, I would have strongly opposed that.

Last edited:

Seconddream

Merchant
As I understand it, you want to select inactive players from the large group.
In itself I see something there in only 3-7 or 10 days? No that is too short.
I totally agree with the thought but just red if someone is not online for 3 or 4 weeks should suffice.

As I understand it, you want to select inactive players from the large group.

Actually the intention is to be able to select the ACTIVE players from the large group (all players in the Global Player List), to invite/recruit them to the guild, (or to invite as Friends).

Another use would be to be able to quickly identify INACTIVE players in your Friends List.

Seconddream

Merchant
Make it 4 weeks and I'm in favor.
Sometimes players go on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks and then incorrectly receive an inactive indication.
In a guild there is communication, but globally there is none.

CrashBoom

Legend
how about an "player gets deleted soon" indicator for inactive players

then I could level up his GB to reduce the loss of FP when his GBs will also be deleted

would really not be nice to lose thousands of FP because the GBs (players) are deleted
then I could get them back for a few hundred more FP

Last edited:

Artubar

Baronet
... And make i harder for people who are not very active to get friend requests accepted...
Well, inactive* players can't send out invites obviously. If you see their invite when they already have an "inactive" state, then you're the one who was inactive for quite some time ;)
...also to know which neighbors are inactive so to be able to loot them without risk but do not know the snipers
An inactive* player doesn't start new productions, so there's nothing left to plunder after a few days & plunderers.
If I was about to plunder, I'd definitely go for the active ones.

*inactive as defined by the OP - "not logged in for the last X days"

All in all - would be a nice addition to rankings and social bar lists. But to make it less confusing, I'd either copy the day counts from the guild list, or introduce a new color code (e.g. green █ / turquoise █ / blue █ ).
Otherwise, you'll always have that "oh, is this now a 2 day guild yellow, or a 7 day global one?". Or "John Doe is red now since Monday" - "Erm.. that 7 day red, or the 20 one?" o_O

antoto51

Farmer
An inactive* player doesn't start new productions, so there's nothing left to plunder after a few days & plunderers.
If I was about to plunder, I'd definitely go for the active ones.

*inactive as defined by the OP - "not logged in for the last X days"
a minimum advanced player will have a good 10 about lootable building so once inactive he will have to wait several months before everything is looted (at the rate of 3 piling per day it will not even make 100 looting / month)

Status
Not open for further replies.