• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Getting Friends After 80

• Thread starter DeletedUser7942
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

I've never found the official reason(s) why we can't invite players beyond 80 though we can have 140. I've seen reasons given by players but not Inno. But regardless of the reason(s) can we at least get a better more efficient way to ask those who do have invites left to invite those of us who have no invites left? Right now all we're really left with is going to global chat and making an announcement we have room for invites. This worked great when the Friends Tavern first came out but now it doesn't work that well. I've been trying for weeks to get my friends list filled and at the current rate it's going to take six months to fill. I ask daily, multiple times a day, I ask people personally to ask their friends if they have invites to invite me, it's a grind when it shouldn't have to be.

Perhaps some sort of friends meeting hall or something where those who can't invite anymore can put themselves in and those with invites can check this hall and invite the players listed there will work well.

Edit: I made a proposal on US Live Friends Meeting Hall

It essentially amounts to something like this:

80-plus-invite-list.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll admit that this is rather inconvenient.
Especially after weeding our friendslist from inactive players.
We surely want to keep those who are active so we can't sent invites ourselves.
I do not discriminate on tablecloth and I welcome newcomers too as they deserve a chance as well to build on their tavern.
Realistically if I played this game more selfish I'd decline friendshipsoffers like that but that's not me.
I suppose Inno has a fair reason yet with the Tavern this is a downside.
Many are picky on the tablecloths of newcomers while they might benefit from players from higher ages as well (BD's by aiding beyond others) and it seems to me we should be able to give them that chance eventhough their drop out rate is higher.
Hopefully this may bring an other perspective on the previous decision the devs made.
After all this a social game as well.

Edit: Alternativelly to avoid a dropping friends "virus".
Inno could give a penalty for a set amount of time x months in which we can't invite after removing an x amount of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRed

Viceroy
that's a really annoying limit... There are even several ideas here and there (friends's tavern related, fixed amounts of invites per day or per week to use over the 80 limits... nothing was done up to now)

DeletedUser8530

Would like to add 2 points.

1 limiting the amount of friends Limits the number of SoKs that can be Motivated therefore when events offer SoKs they are of no use and not worth buying diamonds to try and get them once you have 130 or so in city.

2 bright side of limiting number of friends saves a lot of clicking the mouse. Unless like proposed elsewhere we had a mass aid button.

So the only thing inno is doing by limiting friend numbers is reducing income from people buying diamonds chasing SoKs.

Kylavo

Farmer
I don't see why there should be a limit of 140. Unfortunately to be sure of having people sitting in your tavern many of my guild-mates are also in my friends list. Personally, I think guildies should automatically be able to visit without having to be in the list. Most of them are people I'd hang out in a tavern with.

DeletedUser7858

I like the 140 limit because when in a good guild there are 80 more there for Aiding then add in your neighborhood. It ads up. Plus I play multiple worlds and as it stands now, it take me an hour to Aid everyone in all the worlds.

I do agree that if the Friend's limit is locked at 140 then we should be able to have the ability to Invite to that number.

I also agree that Guild Mates should not be required to be in the Friend List in order to sit in their Taverns. That should be something that is an automatic Guild benefit. FoE promotes the Friend List, I assume, to promote a certain amount of social activity. How is that done if one wants to get all 80 members of their Guild into the List so that they can support their mate's Tavern?