• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE level 4 negotiations in AF1: FoE no longer a "Freemium" game??

Andi47

Overlord
I just heared from a guildmate in .de5:

She is in the first chapter of the Arctic Future, i.e. she has not yet researched/unlocked the Harbour to Arctic.

For Level 4 of the Guild Expedition, you need either "insane" battle boni (i.e. Zeus, Aachen and CdM at Level 50+), or you have to negotiate.

As she does not have ultra-high GBs, she tried to negotiate, but BOOM: The inhabitants of the jungle want to have PROMETHIUM. Well, it is not possible to trade for promethium, and in the first chapter of Arctic Future she does not yet have the Harbour - so her only way to finish GE Level 4 would be to pay Diamonds (i.e. real money) for the negotiation.

Well, and when some of the goals of an online game can only be reached with diamonds, than it is no longer a Freemium game. Is this intended??

Andi47

Overlord
yes, but this is only a very limited amount. Therefore I still think that Promethium should only be necessary for negotiation (also for GE level 4), if the Harbor to Arctic is already unlocked.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I wouldn't say it's such a small amount, as negotiation requires only 1 or 2 Promethium, and you are not likely to have it in a lot of encounters.

For example here on Beta I have only acquired several provinces from the AF map (using FE units), and I have a bit over 50 Promethium. I've not unlocked Promethium Extraction yet, but that amount would be sufficient to last in negotiations quite a few weeks, by which point I would be well beyond the Promethium Extraction research.

DeletedUser

as negotiation requires only 1 or 2 Promethium
in the last sector of level 4 (negotiated it a few minutes ago on the .de server)
8 Promethium

and I have a bit over 50 Promethium. .. but that amount would be sufficient to last in negotiations quite a few weeks,
I did spend more Promethium on that last sector (in more than one attempt to negotiate)
ok I have enough and I don't care. but with 50 Prom it is a problem

DeletedUser7454

I do not see why we are even arguing about finding promethium on the map. It is the simplest case - just activate promethium for negotiations after the harbor is unlocked. Not everybody rushes ahead on the continental map and also the AF part one can take a few weeks to complete.

Andi47

Overlord
I do not see why we are even arguing about finding promethium on the map. It is the simplest case - just activate promethium for negotiations after the harbor is unlocked. Not everybody rushes ahead on the continental map and also the AF part one can take a few weeks to complete.

+1!!

Furthermore, I think quite a few people, who are doing GE are quite a bit behind on the map (like me - about to go into PME research in de16, and I just entered the MOD map there - and about to go into TOM research in de3, and I just entered the CE map there). It is both a matter of time (FoE becomes more and more time consuming), and a matter of space - where to place the additional military buildings?

DeletedUser5429

in the last sector of level 4 (negotiated it a few minutes ago on the .de server)
8 Promethium

I did spend more Promethium on that last sector (in more than one attempt to negotiate)
ok I have enough and I don't care. but with 50 Prom it is a problem
@Darkstar while your arguments is true (we can get some prometheum from continental map), BetaTest is right regarding the reality of the GE. It does cost quite "a lot" of prometheum, and 50 seems to me not enough even for a single expedition.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Completed difficulty 4 on live servers last night, and 50 Promethium was sufficient as I didn't need it everywhere and I didn't offer it unless I thought it was needed.

The suggestion for a change has been passed on to the development team though. I don't know precisely why it works as it, but it is likely linked to the era of the player so that would likely need reworking to make it research-based.