• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

GE battles being aborted by AI?

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Had this happen twice today. Auto fighting a very easy encounter in GE (lvl 1 & 2nd time, lvl2), when I get this message.
battle aborted.jpg
When clicked on the OK, it boots me out of GE. When I return to GE, my remaining army is clearly more than sufficient to complete the fight:
Remaining Army.jpg

Anyone else getting this? With Inno, I'm never sure if this is a new bug, or a new "feature"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've had this once but didn't make a screenshot of it. Although I'm unsure what exactly causes it, I think the main theory is that the computer determines the number of turns needed to conclude the fight (loss/win) as too many turns. Making your army to pull out of the battle to force an end (retreated). Though I can't find confirmation on this by devs or a CM.

Sams512

Squire

Here you find an answer :)

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Ah, ok, I saw juber's reply. Don't think it makes sense however. My same army, with no replacements or units healed, beat the same AI army the next time (1 min later) using auto-fight again. So how can the AI force a retreat with all new units, but allow the same (now damaged) units to fight and (easily) win?
Seems more a bug than any type of logical response.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ah, ok, I saw juber's reply. Don't think it makes sense however. My same army, with no replacements or units healed, beat the same AI army the next time (1 min later) using auto-fight again. So how can the AI force a retreat with all new units, but allow the same (now damaged) units to fight and (easily) win?
Seems more a bug than any type of logical response.
Probably the terrain has impacted the battle. As terrain can impact how many turns are required to complete a battle. Assuming the theory is correct, that the AI forces a retreat if the battle isn't concluded after a set number of turns, it's probably the cause. Speculation from my side is that the AI can compute a maximum number of turns, if a battle exceeds that number it calls in for a retreat. Judging it as a draw or a stalemate. Broken by the forced retreat. Even though it's not a true draw/stalemate.

shad2389

Viceroy
already started a thread about this :