• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBG - make Sektor cooldown times dependent on distance to HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Reason
It is hard for a guild to break out of an encirclement of more than strong guild, when those guilds take turns in taking the provinces from the outside towards the guilds HQ, because the closest province to the guilds HQ always has the longest of the cooldowns, while the further ones (not reachable) are already ticking down ready for the other guild to roam in.
Details
The closer a Sektor is to a guilds HQ, the shorter the cooldown timer is for that guild for that province. e.g.:
- a sector neighboring a guilds HQ could be retaken after 40min cooldown by that guild
- a sector with one other sector between itself and HQ could be retaken after 1 hour, 20min
- all other sectors have 2h cooldown
Balance
Exact timings should be decided by testing
Abuse Prevention
The proposition slightly increases the theoretical amount of fighting near a guilds HQ, but only for that specific guild, so the abuse potential is not too big, especially as the closer sectors do not have as many build sites for siege camps
Summary
make it easier for guilds to break out of encirclement
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes - nothing found
Correction for the example below:
- a sector neighboring a guilds HQ could be retaken after 2 hours cooldown by that guild
- a sector with one other sector between itself and a guilds HQ could be retaken after 3 hours by that guild
- all other sectors have 4h cooldown (like it currently is)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
True, adjusting times during development Inno and after Beta testing.
Missing poll to vote. Until then :) thumbs up.
Edit: vote in

Last edited:
Question...are you suggesting that the cooldown for a tile adjacent to a HQ be reduced to 40 minutes only for the guild whose HQ borders that tile or for all guilds?

GeniePower

Merchant
Question...are you suggesting that the cooldown for a tile adjacent to a HQ be reduced to 40 minutes only for the guild whose HQ borders that tile or for all guilds?
Cooldown = cooldown, so for everyone. It's just to allow the boxed in guild better opportunity to break timer advantages. I like the idea in general but think 40 minutes is way too short. There's already complaints about 4h being too short. I would gravitate to say 5h for the 2nd ring, 4h for the 3rd ring and 3h for the 4th ring or something like that. That would also seriously mess up farming which I think is an objective of other recent changes too.
For now I'm undecided, I'll check back after more discussion

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Oh... my bad, I had the build time of siege camps in mind... can not edit the suggestion above...

so my example should be more like:
- a sector neighboring a guilds HQ could be retaken after 2 hours cooldown by that guild
- a sector with one other sector between itself and HQ could be retaken after 3 hours
- all other sectors have 4h cooldown (like currently is now)

Those cooldowns are calculated per guild - so sector X next to guild A's HQ will show 2 hours cooldown, while the same sector shows 4 hours cooldown for guild B (HQ is distanced more than 2 away from sector X)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Thank you for your idea. As most players did not like it, we will not forward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.