• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback GBG Improvements part 3

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
One of my concerns would be: if it's restricted to the top two leagues, and it's not very good for players in those top two leagues... does it motivate people to try and sandbag to gold where they can get extra statue fragments instead?

As it stands I can't see building any of these, and if they're taking away from statue fragments in platinum it seems to me the ideal approach for my guilds that are bordering on platinum is:

if in platinum, take the season off and lose to get back to gold
if in gold, grind fragments

jovada

Regent
I like the upgrades for building , but i may be wrong but it seems to me that this is the dead of many little guilds if only platina and diamond can get the rewards. I guess many players will leave their guild to join a bigger one.

Why not give fragments to all players who participate , for example xx fragments for xx number of fights(negotiations) they do. This way you reward all players who do their best in battlegrounds , if it is as a guild reward also players who do nothing get the reward and that is not very correct.

Piotr015

Squire
, if Im in TOP GvG+GE guild and TOP player - I still dont get this reward because guild is not in zzzzzz or yyyyy league..
Soon maybe we will get GE update with better buildings so there's something for you too
GvG... Well... Inno doesn't want to update it so it'll probably die one day
Also getting to platinum league isn't that hard, even low diamond can be easy for good guild

Arwaren

Squire
I changed my mind.
I thought about it a bit and I can't understand why we can only increase defense for our army ... after all, in GBG for someone who is fighting he needs attack and defense .... so this building should give both statistics.

Now the goods. Freight Car gives only 5 goods but the train also gives goods. The Statue of Honor itself does not give goods where people can use them to negotiate. So this building should give more goods.

Or I have an even better idea ... Since we have 3 different types of this building (which are cosmetic) then let people choose the bonuses they want. Each type of building would give a different bonus. I think it will be better. For example:

Road to Victory Selection Kit:
Road_to_Victory_c.pngRoad_to_Victory1.pngRoad_to_Victory_b.png
Bonus:+6% attack boost for attacking army+6% defense boost for attacking army+15 random goods

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
One of my concerns would be: if it's restricted to the top two leagues, and it's not very good for players in those top two leagues... does it motivate people to try and sandbag to gold where they can get extra statue fragments instead?

As it stands I can't see building any of these, and if they're taking away from statue fragments in platinum it seems to me the ideal approach for my guilds that are bordering on platinum is:

if in platinum, take the season off and lose to get back to gold
if in gold, grind fragments

Does it replace the statue of honor fragments? If it does, I'm not sure a season of sandbagging would increase the number of SoH fragments you get in total. Sure you'd get more from the gold season, but a season of doing nothing in platinum will lose you a lot of fragments if you fight a lot per season.

Dessire

Regent
Is this new building a joke? yes , right?
first. 5% means 2.5% per 3 squares. others 3x3 buildings gives you 3.3333% per3 squares. even a 6% is not enough, also, instead of 2 of them is still prefferable build 1 statue of honor and level it up up to level 7 or even 5 :/ 7% and or 6% + 2fp would be better :/

1BFA

Viceroy
Do we get this only at the end or is there a chance of getting these fragments when we win encounter?

IF we do get it when we win an encounter, this is nerf to other rewards....

DeletedUser8707

I think that with building the gap will widen between the small players and the big.
I don't know...do big players actually have space for a so so building?
, its interesting building and allways can sell SoK´s to get space.

, just counted that 6% attack/def. cost me eg. 70 to 100K FPs (LIVE server city) so that way this building is nice, but maybe GE, gvg and events are enough..

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I don't know...do big players actually have space for a so so building?
Big player here, I definitely don't have space for it as it is now.. 5 goods per day is worthless, so 5% attacking def for 6 tiles is not enough for me to build it. Sentinel lvl 2 gives 4%, 6 of those is almost 5x the boost at 24%. For 5% I'm not sure I'd do it as a temporary thing either, will probably be more worth to just sell it to the AD.

DeletedUser10193

I think that with building the gap will widen between the small players and the big.

Not as it is right now and I think that's fine. If they would make the building really good, then yes the gap will only widen and that will lead to big unbalance.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe if the "Road" to victory actually counted as road?

1) It's a bit weird that you have to tack the road onto the building in the back of it all instead of the path leading up to it
2) If it was a road that'd cut two squares off its footprint due to also acting as two-ish tiles of road

5 goods and 6% defense in 4 squares... still questionable - but not impossible I might use it.

Piotr015

Squire
It seems like devs wanted to add something useful for both fighters and negotiators... But it came out as something quite useless...
It doesn't give enough goods for negotiators to be worth building and it doesn't give high enough bonus for fighters - for me 2 variants would have been a good idea
1st - 12 goods (Maybe 15 is too much...)
2nd - 12% defence for attacking armies
It probably isn't possible for even the best to get more than 2 in 3x GBG (2 in 6 weeks), most of top players would probalby get 2 in 4x GBG (2 in 8 weeks) so it wouldn't break the game
Even some players not from top can get to top guilds if they can do enough negotiations or fights so what's the problem?
5 goods and 6% defense in 4 squares... still questionable - but not impossible I might use it.
in 6 squares :/ Also it's 5%, is it different in higher ages?
Another option would be to buff the current building by at least 1 good and 1% bonus - without that it isn't that attractive (for late game players)

conqueror9

Regent
I changed my mind.
I thought about it a bit and I can't understand why we can only increase defense for our army ... after all, in GBG for someone who is fighting he needs attack and defense .... so this building should give both statistics.

Now the goods. Freight Car gives only 5 goods but the train also gives goods. The Statue of Honor itself does not give goods where people can use them to negotiate. So this building should give more goods.

Or I have an even better idea ... Since we have 3 different types of this building (which are cosmetic) then let people choose the bonuses they want. Each type of building would give a different bonus. I think it will be better. For example:

Road to Victory Selection Kit:
View attachment 5212View attachment 5214View attachment 5213
Bonus:+6% attack boost for attacking army+6% defense boost for attacking army+15 random goods
do not like to select and not much city space
make it simple
each grant +6% attack boost for attacking army, +6% defense boost for attacking army,+15 random goods
or
upgrade-able
level 1,4,7 +6% attack boost for attacking army
level 2.5.8 add +6% defense boost for attacking army
level 3,6,9 add +15 random goods

conqueror9

Regent
"Roads to Victory" should not limited to diamond and platinum league
it will be a problem in future
when any CHAMPION of gold league go up to platinum league
the gap is so great that
POOR CHAMPION will be sent to bottom of the ranking list for a long time and
possible send back to gold league

amount of fragment of each "roads to victory" should adjusted carefully to maintain ...
do not turn it "high barrel wall" to go to Platimum league

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
in 6 squares :/ Also it's 5%, is it different in higher ages?
Another option would be to buff the current building by at least 1 good and 1% bonus - without that it isn't that attractive (for late game players)

It was attached to my idea of counting it as a road (and therefore 2 of the 6 squares being valued simply as 'being a road' so only 4 squares had to be counted for the other benefits.

Fenix

Viceroy
In the announcement: “the Road to Victory boosts the Statue of Honor's production with 5 random goods from your age”.

For me they are referring good for the guilda, it’s a boost, it is not goods for the player (am I wrong?)

Tanmay11

Regent
In the announcement: “the Road to Victory boosts the Statue of Honor's production with 5 random goods from your age”.

For me they are referring good for the guilda, it’s a boost, it is not goods for the player (am I wrong?)
goods are for player..
the white shield icon is missing
Screenshot_47.png

qaccy

Emperor
Building seems fine to me. Two effects compared to a single one for each of the three train cars, and these are available year-round for guilds at the top of their GBG game which they'll get over time essentially for free.