• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: GBG: Encounter progress doesn't get updated

Andi47

Overlord
I am not entirely sure about this - whether it is a "real" bug or just a display issue (or maybe I looked at the wrong number early in the morning, as the sector gives 78 VP, while I had the impression that after 5 battles the flag is still at 78/100?)

1.) have a few remaining charges of Himeji Castle (I had 7 or 8 remaining)
2.) enter GBG - a guildmate has placed a flag on an other guild's sector; flag is currently at 78/100 (<-- at this point I'm not 100% sure)
3.) I did 7 battles in the sector with the flag (and got spoils of war (such as 200 FP and 5 rogues) from Himeji a few times)
4.) sector is still at 78/100
5.) reload
6.) enter GBG and click at the sector
7.) sector is still at 78/100
8.) I did more battles - now the flag started counting the battles.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour? (I'm reporting this now because I also heared at least one other guildmate complaining about the flag not counting his battles; he believed that this could be a display issue; I will check again tomorrow when I can collect the Himeji production next time.)

1.163.8576fa7d98e (01.10.2019 20:08)

Nessie

Baronet
I'm having the same issue, also not sure if the counter just lags. Support told me to change the browser, but the problem remains

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmm... either today's update has fixed something, or Himeji is not the cause of the counter something getting stuck:

1.) did first battle in a GBG sector to place a flag
2.) back to city
3.) leveled up and collected Himeji
4.) went of GBG map
5.) did a battle in the sector where I place the flag before --> worked correctly
6.) also worked correctly when reloading and doing more battles in that GBG sector (also got some spoils of war)

... so I wonder what could be the cause of the counter sometimes getting stuck.

DeletedUser10047

I have seen the counter get stuck and I don't even have a Himeji Castle. I had a sector open that was being attacked. The sector's flag kept animating but the counter did not change. I refreshed, and that sector's counter had jumped by over 10.

DeletedUser10047

Counter was at 36/70. I won two encounters. Counter was still at 36/70. Left Battlegrounds and returned. Counter was 47/70.

DeletedUser9663

Sometimes if I went in gbg map and do some negotiations the encounter progress doesn't get updated after successfull negs. Then I can do negs even thought the sector is already conquered by my guild. After leaving and reenter the map it displays everthing correct but the goods I paid for the negotiations are lost. Also there seems to be a bug on updating the attrition level while fighting.

podkap1970

Emperor
the problem is not only Battleground specific, the whole game client or server have a problem since few weeks, again
you get randomly disconnected

and no its not our internet, even the support tells you that

there is even a delay, the sever does not sync correctly with the player, as example you see on your guildmember, still 15 min to go until you can aid him, but when you relog, you can already aid him, server does not sync correctly anymore
and for battleground is that problem very fatal, when you want to delete an building or doing a fight and you can't see whats really going on, because you are disconnected, or run out of sync

Edit: players who relog often or switch often to their live server don't see or have this problem, but me (i play only on beta anymore), can see it daily, when i have the game open for a longer time

DeletedUser9396

i reported it as a bug today (before seeing this thread) -- if there was an improvement over c3po, i was not able to neg further after the sector was won. but the map did not update till i exited and re-entered

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Can you confirm if this is happening on the browser or App version of the game, and if it happens while others in your Guild are playing or just when you are playing on your own?

Andi47

Overlord
It was in Browser (Chrome with HTML5) - others in my guild were playing and I did not see that they did more battles / negotiations (and eventually conquered the province) until I reloaded.
This happened two or three times to me since thuesday's update (which was supposed to fix this) was applied.

DeletedUser9396

Can you confirm if this is still occurring as a related update may have resolved this?

I have not seen the problem since your post. But will keep an eye out in the next GBG round. Glad to hear a fix has been attempted, in any case!

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Thank you for your reports. We've been able to confirm that it is a display issue as other Guild members can see the progress increase. Can you confirm when it happens if there are any other factors that could affect it such as:
Are multiple browser tabs open - did you switch tabs whilst already in battlegrounds or directly beforehand?
Was the browser session relatively new, or had the game been running some time?
What city actions had you been doing prior to entering the Battleground (settlement? setting productions? GB donating?)
Many thanks

DeletedUser10430

This is still an ongoing issue, where sector progress stops being updated and you have to leave and re-enter battlegrounds to get it to start again. I have noticed that it seems to happen when there's a pushed city notification waiting (ie. you exit battlegrounds, and get a notification to say someone's GB has leveled and you got a reward), so I'm thinking the battlegrounds code doesn't know what to do with these notifications and it's blocking the data pipeline, until the city clears it from the queue. Just a thought, that might help replicate and fix the problem. It's very annoying.

I'm on HTML5 client, but the problem happens across all platforms.