• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded GBG action log records

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawada

Marquis
Reason
Better visibility of the actions
Details
See above
Balance
Balance would not be affected
Abuse Prevention
No
Summary
See above
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
From what I see and understand, currently the log contains only records of the first action of each player after Stop sign is put in place (“Intruded” action). after that, those players who already have a record about one (first) action can make as many actions as they want with no reflection in the log. Usually those actions would belong to players who have been actively fighting and made their last battles prior to stop. But usually, it’s critical to understand who exactly purposefully intruded a sector in violation of existing commands which potentially can cause premature sector closure.

my suggestion is to keep records of all “Intruded” actions or at least of the last actions rather than first ones.

just in case -- voting button is on the right hand side:
80E5AE11-D3AC-480D-A4B4-2FE0010DC2CD.jpeg

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
Intrusions are most commonly a result of the halt being implemented while the player is in the middle of a battle. Since there is no way to know if that same player subsequently intruded again why assume that they did? The problem isn't intrusions, the problem is premature closure in which case the culprit is easily identified. If a player intrudes, the log tells us so. If that same player closes that same sector it is obvious they intruded at least one more time. If a player closes a halted sector without first intruding then the sector was (1) never marked or (2) was marked too late. Seems like the current log does what is needed unless it is really important to know that a player intruded more than once but did not close the sector.

Intrusions are most commonly a result of the halt being implemented while the player is in the middle of a battle. Since there is no way to know if that same player subsequently intruded again why assume that they did? The problem isn't intrusions, the problem is premature closure in which case the culprit is easily identified. If a player intrudes, the log tells us so. If that same player closes that same sector it is obvious they intruded at least one more time. If a player closes a halted sector without first intruding then the sector was (1) never marked or (2) was marked too late. Seems like the current log does what is needed unless it is really important to know that a player intruded more than once but did not close the sector.
No
the problem is that top guild put cross at 130/140 so the "group" stop at 150 max
than ONE person in guild telss he will do from 150 to 159 so the only 1 fight is needed to close.

And manytimes one guy is hitting sector from 150 w/o information on main chat. And if he done it on many secotrs, we see only one action.
And its hard to tell if 3 ppl are doing secotr on cross. Who have done 1 fight accidentally and who was hitting till end.

kawada

Marquis
No
the problem is that top guild put cross at 130/140 so the "group" stop at 150 max
than ONE person in guild telss he will do from 150 to 159 so the only 1 fight is needed to close.

And manytimes one guy is hitting sector from 150 w/o information on main chat. And if he done it on many secotrs, we see only one action.
And its hard to tell if 3 ppl are doing secotr on cross. Who have done 1 fight accidentally and who was hitting till end.
Exactly the case! I was struggling to put in into words.
Thank you so much!

If a player intrudes on a sector one time the log shows the intrusion. Any additional intrusions, by that same player, on that same sector, in the current cycle, will not appear. If, however, that same player intrudes on any sector the log will show that intrusion. Also, if that same player intrudes on the same sector later that day, on a later cycle, the log will show it.

It's not hard to tell if 3 people are hitting a closed sector. The log shows every first intrusion.

It's easy to tell who hit a closed sector to the end. The log shows who conquered the sector.

I get it. You want the log to show when a player clearly hit a sector that was closed at the time they started their attack or negotiation. Intruding on closed sectors requires extra clicks. It's easier to change focus to an open sector. Unless a player is deliberately being malicious (a whole different problem) repeat intrusions by the same player should be very rare.

kawada

Marquis
Unless a player is deliberately being malicious (a whole different problem) repeat intrusions by the same player should be very rare.
unfortunately, it’s a quite common problem in active guilds. Not like beta level active, but really active ones.
sometimes it’s lack of knowledge (“what bad could happen if i hit this sector one more time?”) or switched of intrusion notifications or players take it as an an opportunity to get more battles / rewards. Regardless the root cause, it’s not possible to address this issue properly due to limitations of the log

Unless a player is deliberately being malicious (a whole different problem) repeat intrusions by the same player should be very rare.
Indeed as kawada said

It's not hard to tell if 3 people are hitting a closed sector. The log shows every first intrusion.
persons - yes
numbers each one did - no

and i dont like to critic somebody w/o clear evidence

In fact i would like to have full history of each sector. so 160 fights divided between all players to see who did the most etc.
make some competitions, sometimes yell if somebody do 1 fight on hard sector and 15 in 4+ siege sector in like 30 sec apart :D

kawada

Marquis
In fact i would like to have full history of each sector. so 160 fights divided between all players to see who did the most etc.
make some competitions, sometimes yell if somebody do 1 fight on hard sector and 15 in 4+ siege sector in like 30 sec apart :D
It would be a way too huge log
For me, in would be sufficient to track all intrusions only, taken and lost sectors + buildings

Last edited:
unfortunately, it’s a quite common problem in active guilds. Not like beta level active, but really active ones.
sometimes it’s lack of knowledge (“what bad could happen if i hit this sector one more time?”) or switched of intrusion notifications or players take it as an an opportunity to get more battles / rewards. Regardless the root cause, it’s not possible to address this issue properly due to limitations of the log.
I am in an active, L100 D1K guild on my main world and have been in this guild for the past 18 months. Every season we are in cooperative swaps with other top guilds and I typically participate in 4 swaps each day. This said, since the introduction of the "intruded" and "conquered" features in the log I can recall no instance where a guild member intruded, then conquered a sector. If it is a "quite common problem": for you then I suggest that you more closely examine the processes in your guild. It is not a "quite common problem" in my guild or any of the guilds that we regularly collaborate with in GBG.

Status
Not open for further replies.