• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

{Functionality in Achievements}

AllamHRK

Baronet
Some time ago we had the addition of achievements that can be selected in the player profile, however it is only a visual feature (but it is interesting) that is not very useful for the evolution in the game.
Conquistas.PNG

I have been thinking that perhaps it would be interesting to add features to these achievements according to the resource of the same, for example: the achievement '' More for the piggy bank`` regarding obtaining coins in the game, could give the player a percentage increase in coins produced in the city when this achievement is selected in the player's profile.
This % would increase as the player raised its level, for example:
Conquest '' One for the piggy bank``
Cofrinho.PNG
Nv.1 (+ 5% coins) Nv.2 (+ 7% coins) Nv.3 (+ 10% coins)

Another example, for players who are more interested in fighting, the "Medal of Honor" achievement (referring to the amount of fights made) could give a % increase in attack and defense when selected in the player profile, example:
Honra.PNG
Nv.4 (+ 7% Attack) Nv.4 (+ 5% Attack) Nv.3 (+ 7% Attack)

Conquest ''Happy day!`` Refers to the cultural buildings built in the city to obtain happiness to increase the productivity of it. This achievement could have a productivity bonus associated with it, for example:
Dia.PNG
Nv.1 (+ 3% Productivity) Nv.2 (+ 5% Productivity) Nv.3 (+ 7% Productivity)

And so on, all the achievements with some kind of bonus regarding the resource of the same. I believe that in addition to making this feature of achievements much more useful for the evolution of the game, it would give more mobility for players to '' change their profile '' according to what is best for him at a given time, according to his goals. It would still be one more thing that would add up in the game, something more for the players to evolve at the same time that would help them to evolve.

DeletedUser8406

there are GB for bonuses. But there might be little prize for every reached achievement:
1st level - small amount of FP / diamonds (5)
2nd level - bigger amount of FP / diamonds (10)
3rd level - big amount of FP / diamonds (20)

DeletedUser5097

Some time ago we had the addition of achievements that can be selected in the player profile, however it is only a visual feature (but it is interesting) that is not very useful for the evolution in the game.
View attachment 2855

I have been thinking that perhaps it would be interesting to add features to these achievements according to the resource of the same, for example: the achievement '' More for the piggy bank`` regarding obtaining coins in the game, could give the player a percentage increase in coins produced in the city when this achievement is selected in the player's profile.
This % would increase as the player raised its level, for example:
Conquest '' One for the piggy bank``
View attachment 2856
Nv.1 (+ 5% coins) Nv.2 (+ 7% coins) Nv.3 (+ 10% coins)

Another example, for players who are more interested in fighting, the "Medal of Honor" achievement (referring to the amount of fights made) could give a % increase in attack and defense when selected in the player profile, example:
View attachment 2857
Nv.4 (+ 7% Attack) Nv.4 (+ 5% Attack) Nv.3 (+ 7% Attack)

Conquest ''Happy day!`` Refers to the cultural buildings built in the city to obtain happiness to increase the productivity of it. This achievement could have a productivity bonus associated with it, for example:
View attachment 2858
Nv.1 (+ 3% Productivity) Nv.2 (+ 5% Productivity) Nv.3 (+ 7% Productivity)

And so on, all the achievements with some kind of bonus regarding the resource of the same. I believe that in addition to making this feature of achievements much more useful for the evolution of the game, it would give more mobility for players to '' change their profile '' according to what is best for him at a given time, according to his goals. It would still be one more thing that would add up in the game, something more for the players to evolve at the same time that would help them to evolve.
+1

DeletedUser8859

What I do not like from the idea is to tie the bonus functionality being active to the display of related achievement at the profile.

What I like to have in the profile displayed are the achievements I fell proud to have completed, achievements that shows how successful I have been in the game not the ones that reveals what I have a need for.

In Dinegu, at the International Server (EN4) I have in display:
  • FOE Fan Club, blue level, that shows my long time in the game (5+ years). (My Necropolis also shows how many Halloween events my city has seen and completed).
  • Forward to the Future, blue level, since I have reached the top or last eras released.
  • That's a Great Building!, blue level, since it (more or less) shows that I have completed my goal at that world to have a city with a Full collection of GBs including the last one released (The Blue Galaxy). Yes, "All" includes having still the poor efficient and non loved Collosseum and Notre Dame.
In other cities my goals are different and therefore the achievements to display may be different.

• Sometimes I need more Tavern silver to complete a DC, but I would not feel ok to replace one of those three (3) meaningful (for me at least) achievements for a Silver Collector achievement to get an increase chance % of getting 30 Silver Coins after a tavern visit, or a coin boost by the Piggy Bank achievement. Do that shows that I'm begging for coins? Is that something to display?
  • Would I like to display the Nice Try achievement (for number of lost battles) to get an defense or attack boost, or something else to help me lose less battles? No, just no.
If there could be another way to select an achievement to be transformed into a bonus generator for the city, then I would vote yes. But not to demote what an achievement really is and a player would be proud of complete and display.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8859

We got a full year schedule of events to get special buildings that give FPs, attack bonus, defense bonus, coins, etc.

DeletedUser8859

there are GB for bonuses. But there might be little prize for every reached achievement:
1st level - small amount of FP / diamonds (5)
2nd level - bigger amount of FP / diamonds (10)
3rd level - big amount of FP / diamonds (20)

+ 1 to this, however, achievements have 4 levels: Bronze (1 star), Silver (2 stars), Gold (3 stars) and Blue (4 stars).

DeletedUser7207

I like the idea that the achievements have a percentage or prize functionality :cool:, since currently they only look like beautiful decorations and their use doesn't help much in the game, so there are players who don't give importance to the achievements.

DeletedUser8902

+1 Most games have rewards for achievements, otherwise what is the point of having them?

RedRed

Viceroy
as for me several are useful up to the 3rd level, since their descriptions keep track of your archievments (Fp counter, relics counters, etc...), they become totally useless at the 4th level.

I'm conflicted because I'm not against bonuses, but they might impact negatively the game, devaluing existing things... in this case maybe would be better a one time gift, instead of a perpetual bonus

DeletedUser8859

... in this case maybe would be better a one time gift, instead of a perpetual bonus

One time gifts retrospectively paid to those already at upper levels at the time of the gifts implementation? i mean, if I have already 5 achievements at the Blue level, do I get for those the gifts up to the blue gift already completed?

seashepherd

Farmer
as for me several are useful up to the 3rd level, since their descriptions keep track of your archievments (Fp counter, relics counters, etc...), they become totally useless at the 4th level.
I strongly support adding counter functionality for 4th level Achievements. I'm not an enthusiast of the Achievements, as currently implemented, and do not display any in my profile. For me, the only thing useful about the Achievements is the counter, which sadly breaks at Level 4.

I'm indifferent to the proposal to add rewards to Achievements.