• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Friend request - number limit

Atosha

Merchant
Reason
Too complex. No data available to help if issues.
Details
one limit only which is the maximum number of friends (140), also applicable to friends requests
Balance
Better friend management
Abuse Prevention
N/A, limit of friends is still active
Summary
Allows same maximum amount of friends and of friends requested by ourselves/ new friends request
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
While joining an external thread, I discovered that outside the maximum number of friends, we also have a maximum of friends that were requested by ourselves (80 only on the max 140 friends).
On top of that, there is no way to know which are the 80 friends requests we made.
Plus the error message is not understandable.

I therefore would like to suggest to simplify things: one limit only which is the maximum number of friends.

Attachments

• 6fd651941a93a35f735cfe8de328b432ac887c9297ca695869b74cea6db9bf35.png
    6fd651941a93a35f735cfe8de328b432ac887c9297ca695869b74cea6db9bf35.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 22
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Atosha

Merchant
Ok, interesting.
Story is I had messages with support just today because of an issue to add friend (with that splendid error message) and he told me finally I must had exceeded the 80 limit of friends requests (I didn't know such a limit before support told me actually) and should delete more of my current friends (which I did :eek:)
Anyway, if it is like that, all the better!

Would you know also why this message error keeps happening then, preventing friends requests to be sent? I already received friend requests from some of the players I could not send fr myself.

Emberguard

Emperor
Story is I had messages with support just today because of an issue to add friend (with that splendid error message) and he told me finally I must had exceeded the 80 limit of friends requests (I didn't know such a limit before support told me actually) and should delete more of my current friends (which I did :eek:)
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ily-changelog-w-c-12th-july.14768/post-122180

Yep. Since July 2021

Would you know also why this message error keeps happening then, preventing friends requests to be sent? I already received friend requests from some of the players I could not send fr myself.

Does your total Pending Friend Requests + Pending Friend Invites + Accepted Friends + You ('cause you take up a position on the list but don't count as part of the 140) all add up to 141?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, interesting.

Yes, support sometimes gives misleading answers. They're just player volunteers (other than I think the person managing them) - who like any player may have misconceptions about how specific details work.

They also have access to a database of common questions I think - to which the answers are often not up to date. They usually will have been right once at the time when they're added, but don't expire.

Generally if you have a question of how something works it's better to ask a community - whether that be the forums or discord or reddit or somewhere else - where if someone gives you a wrong answer, there's a high chance someone else reading it will be able to point out the error.

Once it's a bug report, contact support.

One of the common reasons to be unable to send a friend request if your list isn't full (141 including yourself and pending (both incoming/outgoing) as ember said) is that *their* list is full. Hopefully they fix that "internal error" message because historically you do receive the message that says which of you or they are the ones with no more room.

Atosha

Merchant
@Emberguard ,@xivarmy Thanks for your advice!
I was not at 141 at that time... and reduced to <70 after support message about that wrong 80 limit. In both cases, I could invite some players and some not...
And yes, if some of them did tell me their list were full (the error message should tell that instead of a incomprehensible message - it is like that on live at least), some did invite me right away, which is still strange ^^

btw: currently all specialized error messages seem to be lost - everything produces an "internal error" vs the specific reason (just had it when trying to spend into a building of a player who no longer is a neighbor)