• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Friend Invite/Acceptance vs Total

sirblu

Baronet
There is a current ongoing issue with the limitation on the number of Friends a player can invite/accept (80) versus the total number of Friends a player can actually have (140).
Over the years, many different proposals have been submitted to INNO to correct this imbalance. Sometimes the in-game moderators who review the proposals prior to them being passed on to the development teams report back that they have either been placed in the "Already suggested" pile or that they have been passed on to the development team.
On 2 separate occasions, one in 2015 and then again in 2017, the Moderator has said that the proposal was passed on - However, nothing ever becomes of the proposal.
I just yesterday, submitted a proposal to have the Friend Invite/Acceptance limitation changed from the current 80 to 120. This would require virtually no reprogramming effort and still allow for INNO's rule that there be a difference between the Invite/Acceptance number and the 140 Total number of Friends a player can have.
My proposal was immediately tossed into the already suggested pile and closed not allowing for any discussion. The moderator pointed to a previous proposal to increase the limitation to 140 for Invites/Acceptances that was submitted in 2015 - 5 years ago and has since been deleted from the forum altogether.

This thread is an effort to open discussion among the players so INNO can see that this limitation of 80 is an ongoing issue. This discrepancy between the number of Friend Invites/ Acceptances of 80 a player has and the total number of Friends of 140 a player can have needs to be addressed by INNO.

As one friend told me, this difference may have made sense in the early years of the game when there were not that many players, but now it MUST be revisited because it is causing a great number of issues for the player, both old experienced players and new ones coming in.

We must make our voices heard to INNO without the Moderators deleting our proposal without even being read!

Please post your Comments to this thread
THANK YOU!

I don't see this as an issue. can send till 80, can accept till 140 (new chat on mobile makes it easier than ever for mobile players) and, if already sitting at 140 and you send game join links to people who accept and start playing, can even have well over 140 friends (and win a few rewards as they progress)

Agree !
I have a similar issue. I want to create a second guild that should be totally integrated in the first one. But we can´t create a communication with more than 120 players. I would like to have the mail-recipients expanded to 160. I can´t understand the limitation.

I don't see this as an issue. can send till 80, can accept till 140 (new chat on mobile makes it easier than ever for mobile players) and, if already sitting at 140 and you send game join links to people who accept and start playing, can even have well over 140 friends (and win a few rewards as they progress)

The issue is when two (2) players want to be Friends but both got over 80 friends already and therefore neither cant send an invite. The next step is for one of them to start deleting friends until reaching 79 to be able to send 1 invite. Sometimes the cut to reach under 80 is easy , but other times the current friends are good and active, and the player wont like to remove them to open a spot to add the new one.

In my case, I have most of the times my friends list full at 140. I can easily find one or two inactive friends to delete to be able to accept a new one. But deleting 61 friends to be able to send one more invite is complicated. If the new potential friend cant send invites, then we wont be friends.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue. I want to create a second guild that should be totally integrated in the first one.
For What purpose do you want to have 2 totally integrated guilds? Do you intend being a founder in both of them? Would the members of both guilds share the same social, trade. and swap threads ?

Emberguard

Emperor
If it were made that close to the limit you might as well get rid of the limit. Like yeah I’d take 120 invite / 121-140 accept. But it’s such a small leftover amount seems kinda pointless to stop at 120

I think most, if not all, players would like an increase in the parameters for Friend Invite/Acceptance vs Total, the goal would be agree on which new numbers set. The current Friend Invite limit of 80 is close to 60% of the Total Friends (140), should a new option keep a ratio at or closer to 60% for any balance issue? Not sure. Above suggestions:
  • 125 / 175: Ratio near 70%
    • 105 / 175 would be at 60%
  • 150 / 200 : Ratio 75%
  • 100 / 200 : Ratio 50%
    • 120 / 200 would be at 60%
  • 120 / 140 : Ratio near 85%
    • 84/ 140 would be at 60%
  • 80 / 80 : Ratio 100%
Any others?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
5,000 while you're at it to make the "friends" function unnecessary.
Instead of always wanting more, make this side of the game more implicative by forcing everyone to make a real thoughtful selection.
80 friends that we get to know, that we motivate every day are more than enough and that would prevent the arches 180 from getting rich too easily.

I only have three types of players on my "Friends" list:
Goods Dealers not in my guild
Players who are way higher in points/eras than me
Players who belong to a multi-guild 1.9 that actively participate in said same

Players who are way higher in points/eras than me
Preciscely the purpose of the 60% ratio, many of those higher era players probably were already over 80 when they accepted you.

My fiends list is similar, but since Im at SAV at my main world, it also have a good number of low level platers that I like to help out.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Rather than questioning his handling (or non-handling) of friends, you are asking for more.
But history has always shown us that the majority will ask for more. If WE don't get used to the constraints, in the future we will be friends with all those of his age (to facilitate the market) and all those of a higher age (to obtain plans and feelings easily) and all those of lower ages ( to "help" and therefore binge on your ark).
Whereas if we come back to a smaller number (80 for example and not 80/140) we voluntarily select our friends for HIS style of play.