• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Frequent Flash crashes when playing for several hours [43175]

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) I usually have multiple browser tabs with FoE open
2.) play for quite some time (up to several hours), including fighting (continent map, GE, GvG), spending FP to tech tree and guild GBs, collecting / restarting buildings, etc... (i.e. keep the game open when doing something else for some time)
Observed: I experience 3 to 5 crashes per day

Issue Description (10/10, grml.....): the game crashes when playing for quite some time. "dangerous" actions are doing multiple fights in a row, visiting other cities, and seemingly also having a city full of "collect me" symbols (including collecting/restarting the buildings)
I am experiencing this behavior with Chrome and with Opera. With Firefox it seems to be more stable since FF version 50, but with FF50 the performance is inferior.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.94.1e40f9b (18.01.2017 8:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 10, Chrome/55.0.2883.87, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: well.... ermmmmm.... should I really say something now??

DeletedUser7946

somekind of memory leak.. the more neighboors you visit the worst / faster it seems to happen.
(I hope the new direct GB Investment window will help this out by minimizing the loading of other people's cities)

Andi47

Overlord
I also think that a memory leak might cause this, but ever since the start of FoE, I have the impression that every bug report about memory leaks either is ignored or gets an "investigating" for a few months to finally end up with a "cannot reproduce".

Whatever causes the problem, the symptoms are the frequent crashes. (occurs at least since FoE version 0.96)

RKinG

Squire
This is normal because flash is not more devellopper by many browsers
This will be worse in 2017

Innogame must become a game off browser (executable program) or HTML5

The games christmas events have eat a lot of resources in the servers, this has doubled the connection/day on some games.
The web pages of the game have too loaded, this slows download

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
Just another crash. What I did (#2 to #7 maybe not strictly in that order):
1.) had 5 tabs open (de8, de5, de3, de16, zz1)
2.) started capt'n Iglo in all my cities (including the harbour to arctic in my Arctic Era cities)
3.) collected and restarted the production on all my cities
4.) donated my FP either to GBs (via the chains) or to research
5.) collected the tavern silver in all my cities
6.) spent roses for the event on zz1 (and finished one quest + bought 6 FP for the next quest)
7.) did some recurring quests on zz1, de5 and de8 while collecting the production
8.) did 8+2 fights (won 2 attempts) in GE on zz1 and collected a gold relic
9.) did a few fights in GE on de16
10.) did one fight in GE on de3
11.) started another fight in GE on de3
CRASH

DeletedUser7779

I've been experiencing quite similar behavior for a few months now and it's getting worse. Only with one world open, game becomes extremely slow even after 30 mins and crashes eventually.
Also, (what's really bugging me), game either freezes or crashes every time I lay a siege in GvG. Last time it was so bad, the game froze and browser was not responding, I had to close the process from task manager. Also (re)placing defense in GvG map is extremely slow (takes over a minute to replace 1 defense!).

Andi47

Overlord
BUMP!!!!!

seems to become worse :-(

!!! BUMP !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
I just see that this has been edited by a moderator half an hour ago.

But... Any news about the bug report?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
There are no news at this time. If we need more information to narrow down a potential problem we'll post here.

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*

Did Inno ever check the statistics how often players start with "unfinished business" (German: "Unerledigte Geschäfte") when loading? I think 98% of them happens after a crash or (sometimes) some other problems - who would reload the game in the middle of a battle without a reason?

BTW: It is 6:20 a.m. local time now, and I already had 3 crashes today! (having 4 tabs with FoE open and doing my battles in GE on 4 servers)

The keyword to narrow down the problem is what seems to be ignored by INNO since 5 years: MEMORY LEAK.

1.103.7f35de6663 (31.05.2017 8:33), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 25,0,0,171, Windows 10, Chrome/58.0.3029.110, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

DeletedUser8316

As I posted in the other thread on this... change to Opera for your browser.

Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari do not support Flash anymore. At the very least you will see less memory leakage and likely no more crashes. I went from Firefox (game is basically unplayable on it) to Opera and have not had a single memory issue since.

Game version: 1.105.b5a4199f9d (23.06.2017 8:30),
Flash version: WIN 25,0,0,171,
Windows 10,
Browser: Opera 45.0.2552.898,
1536x726, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

ZENA

Marquis
All what inno must do is upgrade they website. As most ppl done it and then with that the flash players is taking out of the website
if bbc can do it so can inno. As alot of IT and white hackers say that flash is full of bugs

DeletedUser

I am fairly sure that this issue is directly related to our Memory Leaks thread. As I have reported that issue I am going to set this thread with the same status and report number for consistency, thanks.