• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Frames for Friends List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuzzlngOne

Farmer
Reason
This would enhance the game by making the friends list more user friendly.
Details
As explained, it would allow players to mark certain friends for various reasons.
Balance
I do not believe it would impact any other game features.
Abuse Prevention
This would not make it possible for players to cheat, just an enhancement.
Summary
Enhancement to make the friends list more user friendly.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I did not see this suggested before.
I wanted to suggest adding frames that we are able to add to friends. These could be simple frames like the one that is our own player but a different color. Maybe make it so we can choose the color. The purpose of this frame would me to mark certain friends for various reasons, such as if you are in external 1.9 threads, you need to remain friends with the members of that thread. So you can put a frame around those specific people to remind you to not unfriend them when you are cleaning out your friends list. Various color options would be helpful if you are in multiple 1.9 threads. You could mark friends from each thread in a different color. Then if you leave one of the threads you can remove just the friends from that list by looking at the color. This idea could also be used to mark specific people for various other reasons, like this is a goods dealer or any other reason you would want to make a specific friend stand out.

Attachments

• tempsnip.png
    tempsnip.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

PuzzlngOne

Farmer
This may also have uses in the neighborhood list, though it may be harder to code due to the frequency that the neighborhood changes. You could mark people who will plunder you given the chance, those that will attack you but not plunder, and people that will snipe you given the chance.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I made a similar suggestion before... I suggested an indicator light in the portrait...
frames will likely not happen - currently forge+ users get a special frame - additional frames would interfere with that

ArklurBeta

Baronet
A similar idea was posed a few days (weeks?) before (https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...l-notes-about-other-players.15562/post-135028) beelzebob666 likely refers to this), though I consider this rather an addition to that idea. As in, not just being able to write a short memo about the player, but creating "tags" for a few things. I agree with beelzebob666 that likely a frame wouldn't work too well since FoE-Plus uses that, but...I could imagine many other ways to tag players. Write their names in different colors, a marker between their rank and points, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.