• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FP's on others GB's

NorMags

Baronet
Is there somewhere in the rules that says you cannot put FP's on others GB's if they have told you not to do it? One member in my guild on Norwegian server has been told by the CM that actions will be taken against him if he continue to do so.

NorMags

Baronet
Ideally yes it should. For now it would fall under section 9:

"The Community Management of the Beta version of Forge of Empires are the final arbiters of
any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final."​

As it is a forum rule, and with all of the new privacy issues we have been addressing with GDPR, it is in everyone's best interest to not post support communications.
It never serves a positive purpose, players can get upset about something without knowing any of the details, and it is a violation of privacy.
If someone has a concern about a support response or action, feel free to contact us through ingame support.
Thanks all :)
Well, if it is in every players interest to know about the "Rule Breach" in question? And when it is the same guy who is CM and support, what then? And you have read the Message to the player from that CM?

DeletedUser

I do not get involved in support matters on other servers. If someone reports something to me that they feel is an issue, I pass it on to my superior.

DeletedUser

I'm well aware of that. But Mods are players too. Of course now we know they found out because the friend directly wrote to the CM, but even if they hadn't there's nothing stopping anyone from visiting other forums. This is Beta. If they were to visit anywhere outside of their native language this would be a pretty good bet.

For that matter the OP specifically mentioned which server they're referring to. It wouldn't have to be the CM specifically seeing this thread for the team to be aware of it. Any of the Norwegian team passing by could alert the CM about this thread existing
Well, from what I understood the action of "warning" somehow has taken place before posting the whole story on beta forum, that's why I asked the question, Captain Obvious. My question was rather related to the gossip/known fact, that supporters have access to our private conversations in-game, I was wondering if they came out of closet with this.

DeletedUser

As an active sniper I am very curious when I would get a message banning me from donating to other players GBs... If CM is a God in the game, he can break all the rules and I am helpless, as a player. I wonder, if this is just a single case of CM lost his mind or maybe a more general, non-spoken direction the game would go now. After all, this supposed to be strategic game and I would like to know clearly with what I would have to work before getting ban against rules...

DeletedUser

My question was rather related to the gossip/known fact, that supporters have access to our private conversations in-game, I was wondering if they came out of closet with this.

Absolutely not !

Support has no access to any ingame chat or message other than global chat which everyone can see, and any section of a chat or message that a player reports another player from by clicking their name and then clicking report.
We have never, and never will, read player's private conversations or messages unless a part of it was reported by another player as being a rule breach in some way, and even then we can only see a very limited section of the text that applies to the rule breach report.
We take player privacy very seriously here at InnoGames, and that will never change.

Emberguard

Emperor
Well, from what I understood the action of "warning" somehow has taken place before posting the whole story on beta forum, that's why I asked the question, Captain Obvious. My question was rather related to the gossip/known fact, that supporters have access to our private conversations in-game, I was wondering if they came out of closet with this.
Woah. Hang on. If you re-read what was said in the thread, players had already messaged support prior to anything posted in regards to the initial problem

a large number of players being angry at him, reporting him to support.
No one at any point would have needed to access in game private messages to get a picture of what was going on. The initial warning would be before the thread was made. But that wasn't at all what I was referring to in what you quoted.

The thread had started talking about whether any warnings had been given in regards to the user telling other users. I took that as being after the thread was made due to the phrasing and timing of the comment. My point was this is a public forum which makes it public knowledge. If you're in the middle of a report and then post in a not at all subtle matter about it then all it would take is someone from the server they're talking about to come onto Beta for support to know about it.

For that matter if someone comes to a forum to ask advice in regards to what support decided on that would indicate possible intention to do something afterwards. So it wouldn't be a stretch to guess the OP might have intended to contact support on their friends behalf prior to them stating as much OR that they would have informed their friend of the conversation here and then the friend mention it

It's like in Star Wars Rebels when Ezra and Zeb were arguing about whose fault it was for a problem they caused just before going to Kanen to tell him about it.
Kanan: "Hera and Sabina are in danger"
Ezra: "Wow how could you tell? Could you sense it?"
Kanan: "No, I could hear you two yelling outside the door!"

Last edited:

DeletedUser8963

Absolutely not !

Support has no access to any ingame chat or message other than global chat which everyone can see

I believe there is a difference between "has no access" and "should not access". You're saying CMs or seniors cannot login as players?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Here is my take on this:
  • I seldom donate to someone's GB unless it's a target GB I want to have.
  • Only times I would stop donating is when I get a few BPs of the buildings I want or someone asks nicely along with a good reason (reserved on my decision on whether or not I want to as it is not violating any game rules).
  • Those who threaten with plundering, my response "go right ahead; it's how the game is designed" and I will leave it at that.