• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

Tempestas

Squire
If it were easy for everyone to get the main prize, then it would be boring. It's a game. You are supposed to have to use your brain, your time, your friend's assistance, to do well. If you don't do those well, then you use your money or you accept that it will take longer to get what you want (as in, a few times I've not gotten the complete building and I finished it the next year, big deal). Inno is a business, and they need to make money. Their employees need to be paid. They walk a fine line here. I think they do a pretty good job. When they go too far, the best way to communicate with Inno is to refuse to do what it takes to get the main event building. It's the only way to communicate that what they require is excessive, not worth it. If an event is unmanageably complicated: Skip it. If a prize isn't worth it: Skip it. Communicate with your behavior. If you don't want to spend money: Then don't. There is nothing requiring you to get every single building. You can play well and not do it. Really you can. Play the game with Inno -- be in charge of yourself.

Last edited:

ADSL

Squire
I do not agree with the fact that a Pizzeria in the Bronze Age gives 0 goods of the previous age. Compare at least with the Great Building Star Gazer:
Produces random goods from the player's previous age every 24 hours. For the Bronze Age it produces Bronze Age goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
New Pizzeria stats are quite interesting. Assuming you value Current + Previous Age Goods approximately equally (you need both for negotiations and it can be difficult to trade down after the initial rush of a new age), it's a new best-in-slot for goods from collection in the top ages (finally something surpassed the sleigh builder). Not that that's of much interest to your typical top age player these days - but interesting nonetheless :)

I'm disappointed but understanding of the jacking up of the ultimate coach price. It was a hell of a bargain before. I may still use it, but will restrict myself to once at most probably at the new price.

I'm a bit more disappointed that the math on finishing the building with the progress coach instead of ultimate is so tight (ultimate will pretty much guarantee you the extra from league bonus). Was it not enough already that you had to pick the right free coach and the right players to guarantee the finish without diamonds? Now you need to do that *and* get sufficient luck on incidents?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
If it were easy for everyone to get the main prize, then it would be boring. It's a game. You are supposed to have to use your brain, your time, your friend's assistance, to do well. If you don't do those well, then you use your money or you accept that it will take longer to get what you want (as in, a few times I've not gotten the complete building and I finished it the next year, big deal). Inno is a business, and they need to make money. Their employees need to be paid. They walk a fine line here. I think they do a pretty good job. When they go too far, the best way to communicate with Inno is to refuse to do what it takes to get the main event building. It's the only way to communicate that what they require is excessive, not worth it. If an event is unmanageably complicated: Skip it. If a prize isn't worth it: Skip it. Communicate with your behavior. If you don't want to spend money: Then don't. There is nothing requiring you to get every single building. You can play well and not do it. Really you can. Play the game with Inno -- be in charge of yourself.
It's fine if it takes strategy and planning. I like that. But when it requires you to use diamonds to do so, and then they also directly increased the cost of the diamonds you'd have to spend? That just feels predatory.

Kronan

Viceroy
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out all these events are going to be more expensive each succeeding round.

What I think is going to happen is that people will drop out of playing these events, unless they have an extremely compelling event prize. I'm talking - extremely compelling.

Winter event did, IMHO. Not sure Forge Bowl 2023 does, especially for veteran players.

We all know these events intrinsically help newbies, who'll pay for almost anything to help their fledgling cities.

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm a bit more disappointed that the math on finishing the building with the progress coach instead of ultimate is so tight (ultimate will pretty much guarantee you the extra from league bonus).

Yes, the progress coach will get you the upgrades, all but 1. You need that last one from Leagues, so have to address that part of the strategy at the same time as you get your touchdwns.

Staying in Bronze era (I don't think) can be done without the leagues coach.

At least I couldn't do it any other way than to buy the ULTIMATE coach so as to get the benefit of both, concurrently. I can't think of a way to do them sequentially for free. They have to be done in parallel (on top of each other).

How they tweak this mathematically before live, is anyone's guess. Maybe they won't. Save up/coach way up = 475 vs 150/spend --- is how you do it.

Dursland

Merchant
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but will the event pass prize line be changed from beta to live?

I saw it when it was on beta, it didn't entice me like the winter one so I was wondering if there were plans to buff it?

ADSL

Squire
Pizzeria:
  • Supplies
  • Medals
  • 16-25% attack for attacking army
When Motivated
  • 30 Goods
  • 10-30 Previous Era Goods (None in Bronze Age)
  • 3 Forge Points
  • 2 Store Building Fragments (15 required)
But on live servers Pizzeria has only 1 Store Building Fragment. Is this a bug?

-Alin-

Emperor
Are we going to receive the updated boosts on pergola pizzeria/bistro on beta this year?
Live does have the buildings updated, why in the earth not beta WHERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FIRST, what is the reason?

CrashBoom

Legend
wouldn't it be unfair to get the new stats on beta ??

players who build the other last level made this decission based on the old stats

with different stats they maybe would have chosen the Pizza level

:rolleyes:

Ironrooster

Baronet
wouldn't it be unfair to get the new stats on beta ??

players who build the other last level made this decission based on the old stats

with different stats they maybe would have chosen the Pizza level

:rolleyes:
No it would not be unfair. This is the beta site, I expect things to change.

What would be surprising is not keeping this site matching the live sites when changes are made on the live sites.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I just learned that players who had reached and claimed the first pergola upgrade kit from grand prizes (80 yards) before the unannounced changes to the grand prizes / event pass on the live servers also received the selection kit that is now in that spot.

It's extremely unfair to everyone else that those players get a free level in the event, meaning they don't have to spend diamonds or reach 1200 yards to get the main building fully leveled. This was something players had no control over, so I think the right thing to do would be to give all players the selection kit (as it's probably to late to remove the upgrade kits from those who got the new selection kit).

I just learned that players who had reached and claimed the first pergola upgrade kit from grand prizes (80 yards) before the unannounced changes to the grand prizes / event pass on the live servers also received the selection kit that is now in that spot.

It's extremely unfair to everyone else that those players get a free level in the event, meaning they don't have to spend diamonds or reach 1200 yards to get the main building fully leveled. This was something players had no control over, so I think the right thing to do would be to give all players the selection kit (as it's probably to late to remove the upgrade kits from those who got the new selection kit).
I have 4 worlds where I played the mini-game early on the first day and claimed all prizes at that time. I got the 80-yard Selection kit prize only, not the Upgrade kit too.

.Chris

Baronet

I totally agree.
It's absolutely unacceptable to punish one playstyle over another.

Either give an extra kit to all players or put in the work to find out who got an additional one :mad:

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I have 4 worlds where I played the mini-game early on the first day and claimed all prizes at that time. I got the 80-yard Selection kit prize only, not the Upgrade kit too.
I think we should determine what actually happened and how is it possible that some players got one more kit (upgrade + selection) instead of a different one (selection instead of upgrade)? What you're saying makes things even weirder.

Astrid

Baronet
I still don't see how I can obtain the main building without diamonds on my main world. I spent 8k footballs with progress coach and I am at 670 league points. There are about 4k footballs to obtain until the end of the event, so how can I get to 1200 league points from 670 to 1200 with only 4k footballs ?

Without diamond coach to double your league points to get into the first 20% players it's impossible to complete the main building. So everything is about spending diamonds and money on the premium prizes.

The same thing happened in the Fall event, only the first 20% players had the chance to complete the main building without diamonds.

I still don't see how I can obtain the main building without diamonds on my main world. I spent 8k footballs with progress coach and I am at 670 league points. There are about 4k footballs to obtain until the end of the event, so how can I get to 1200 league points from 670 to 1200 with only 4k footballs ?

Without diamond coach to double your league points to get into the first 20% players it's impossible to complete the main building. So everything is about spending diamonds and money on the premium prizes.

The same thing happened in the Fall event, only the first 20% players had the chance to complete the main building without diamonds.
I'm guessing that you have been choosing mostly the Gold players. Using the Progress Coach and choosing only Bronze/Other players would have gotten you to about 816. The additional 4K footballs to come would have gotten you to 1200 with a little help from incidents. From where you stand now, you cannot get to 1200 without spending diamonds.