• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2023

kawada

Marquis
I barely collected incidents, but always used the diamond coach. I had to use the dia coach 3 times upon gathering balls and having more or less desired daily prizes.

As a result, I got 9 selection kits from the event + 1 from the league.

Also, Epic selection kit seemed to be a great idea but totally lost the value after switching to fragments.
1671100458728.png

Fenix

Viceroy
@Fenix - havent' spent a single diamond other than 1 time for the ULTIMATE COACH (gosh -it's ONLY 150 diamonds and INNO gives you 1500 for each event, as a member of this beta community!!...) - and as you can read above, should "sail" easily into a building.

Please enlighten us, what is the winning strategy? The strategy that will allow us to get the complete building?
Thanks

Owl II

Emperor
the ouzo in greek restaurants at the end is still free :D

but if I go to the same Greek for years and then not getting it anymore:
then I would have the right to complain
(ok I would use a hidden complain. I would ask if he has forgotten it)

and the end of the story:
I would get it still for free

why: because that would cost him only 0.2 € or something like that (or even less. I don't know what a bottle of Ouzo cost when buying it and from that 2 cl)
but only with one regular drink during the meal he earns at least 10 times that amount
Inno forgot how to cook delicious to you have a desire to pay for it. So they try to sell coffee(ouzo);)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I finished the event in Bronze league, although I could have stayed in the silver league if I had bought a ultimate coach for the rest of the balls. I chose a pizzeria and enjoy how this chef masterfully throws a pizza tortilla :) Love the design of this event. It is a pity that the statistics of these buildings in past events are weak, and they do' nt find a place in my main city. But someday I will collect from all in one corner (thanks by the way for the Epic selection kit). Maybe I'll do it before I leave :)

the ouzo in greek restaurants at the end is still free :D

but if I go to the same Greek for years and then not getting it anymore:
then I would have the right to complain
(ok I would use a hidden complain. I would ask if he has forgotten it)

and the end of the story:
I would get it still for free

why: because that would cost him only 0.2 € or something like that (or even less. I don't know what a bottle of Ouzo cost when buying it and from that 2 cl)
but only with one regular drink during the meal he earns at least 10 times that amount
Okay. BUT, new customers to the restaurant will be unfamiliar with the old custom and will not get free Ouzo. Eventually, after the old customers move on, no customers will get free Ouzo.

Sinitar

Regent
I barely collected incidents, but always used the diamond coach. I had to use the dia coach 3 times upon gathering balls and having more or less desired daily prizes.

As a result, I got 9 selection kits from the event + 1 from the league.

Also, Epic selection kit seemed to be a great idea but totally lost the value after switching to fragments.
View attachment 8692
I bought 3 times the ultimate coach as you but in additional, I bought yesterday a medium pack of balls...
I'm in silver league with 2472 points and 1 kit more

kafidav

Steward
hello foe it's the first time that I can't have the whole building despite the diamonds given, for more than 7 years that I play what's the point of doing these events?

Ironrooster

Baronet
As I suspected, I did not stay in Silver League but ended up in Bronze with 2284 league yards.

So I have a fully leveled building with one extra selection kit, 14 Epic Forge Bowl 2023 Selection kits (acquired before they changed it to fragments), and 11 winner's plaza kits.

A pretty good result for the 300 diamonds I spent on the Ultimate Coach for 2 days.

Kronan

Viceroy
As I suspected, I did not stay in Silver League but ended up in Bronze with 2284 league yards.

So I have a fully leveled building with one extra selection kit, 14 Epic Forge Bowl 2023 Selection kits (acquired before they changed it to fragments), and 11 winner's plaza kits.

A pretty good result for the 300 diamonds I spent on the Ultimate Coach for 2 days.

Exactly - my experience just about mirrors yours, but bountiful enough to also get me the main building for just 1 ULTIMATE session (150 vs your 300 diamonds...), without the extra selection kit. I also got over 20 Winner's plaza kits too (which I can't use now) from the compression, concentration and utility of spending 5 digits of stars at once under the "spell" of my 1 Ultimate coach.

Essentially - you stayed FOCUSED on the event prize ENDGAME (the event building) and had a fortunate dual opportunity to detour nicely without penalty, into compounding your success for the daily special, a 2nd time. This is another example of using the right tools at the right time, and NOT GETTING duped by any event "distractions"that Inno dangles before you.

Kudos @Ironrooster

Last edited:

Titantropo

Farmer
It's finally over. I paid diamonds for the coach twice, I paid diamonds to buy footballs tiwce, and only got 10 levels. And some people try to convince us this game is not pay 2 win. You're not fooling anyone!
Beisdes this game has by far to many events. Nobody cares about american football, nobody cares about wildlife, nobody cares about clovers, nobody cares about archeology, nobody cares about "friends journey". Stop it already! Forge of Empires is dying and it's not the events that are gonna save it!

sinaminn

Farmer
1 kit short.
1st time in 6 yrs that I've ever failed to get a complete building + at least 1 extra kit. This event has never been a fave, but it was a drag from day 1 this year.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I suspect the players who didn't get the Lvl 11 building didn't do the following:
1) check in every day
2) collect all incidents every day
3) save their footballs until they had thousands of them, like 4-5k
4) in combination with above #3 , didn't use the 150 diamond coach

two variant game play options with the above list if you want the max building,:
1) if you going to stack a daily, thats fine, spend 150 diamonds every time you do that though
or
2) daily reward be damned, save every football until the last day, use 150 diamonds coach

do it or don't, argue the point more, or take the strategy to Live servers and get your max building. I'm sure someone will do an enhancement to the above....someone like.... @MooingCat

Event over.... bring on the Irish!

I suspect the players who didn't get the Lvl 11 building didn't do the following:
1) check in every day
2) collect all incidents every day
3) save their footballs until they had thousands of them, like 4-5k
4) in combination with above #3 , didn't use the 150 diamond coach

two variant game play options with the above list if you want the max building,:
1) if you going to stack a daily, thats fine, spend 150 diamonds every time you do that though
or
2) daily reward be damned, save every football until the last day, use 150 diamonds coach

do it or don't, argue the point more, or take the strategy to Live servers and get your max building. I'm sure someone will do an enhancement to the above....someone like.... @MooingCat

Event over.... bring on the Irish!
I did all 1-4 and still ended up 2 short. Just barely fell into amateur league. I don't recall having more than 9k something balls, and I saved them all except the first pass for the final day.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I did all 1-4 and still ended up 2 short. Just barely fell into amateur league. I don't recall having more than 9k something balls, and I saved them all except the first pass for the final day.
You get 10.6k from quests etc, so if you only had 9k something you're missing some from somewhere.

Choosing the right player is also important, with the diamond coach that's the cheapest player in all but 1 scenario (74 over 62 I think it was, but not by a lot at all).

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

why the results for the price are not the same as the one during the event? during the event, it say I will have 2 up, but in the results I have 0, why?

I have read your opinions.

We are basically giving up and We are taking for granted that in EVENTS, diamonds will have to be used.
If there is resignation, the game may stop interesting, because I am making a choice that is not mine.
I have always understood the EVENT an "extraordinary" event that must leave me a prize, a "GOOD MEMORY".
Something where to be present, to bring assiduity and ingenuity, would have been enough to bring a good memory, a building or something that lets me remember it.
A party to which I "HAD PLEASURE" to participate and from which I must receive "PLEASURE".

From my point of view, "INNO" should send me home a sticker that reminds me that I also took part in "his party".

But evidently this will not be the case.
I am worried by the resignation of those who write before me.

After this EVENT, my thoughts are changing, about who wrote the opposite of what I really think.
The game is changing and I take note of that.
My move now will be to "build a diamond farm", which I have always avoided before. But if the game changes and I have to adapt, that's what I'm going to do.

Grudgingly.

Kronan

Viceroy
I keep reading all these posts where people missed their event objective. I was waiting for someone to HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD for why. @GateKeeper started writing an almost complete 4 part recipe, but left out 1 ingredient that could make it successful from failure for the masses..

You should thank @MooingCat this morning for adding the last ingredient (in a very subtle way, too...) 1 sentence, buried in 12 pages of complaining and blaming INNO for personal event failures.

I resisted the expose, because (as I wrote to @Fenix privately), it's not INNO's job to leave training wheels on your game bicycle. Someone said that "Wow, it's not free anymore". Well that's partially true, but it's really never been free - ever. Someone else said "only 20% are going to get this based on leagues". Yes, 1 out of 5 will get this without spending much (recipe cost is 150 diamonds), and 4 won't.

4 won't. 4 out of 5 will fail (and whine and moan that Inno screwed them). Inno didn't. Inno built a event with mathematics and you know from the start that you have to be in the top 20% to have a chance at a "FREE" event prize. If you want the event prize and can't "get there from here" to figure it out, you're going to have to pay for it with diamonds/money.

That's the bottom line.

So I'll expand on what @MooingCat generously gave you in a probably-overlooked sentence above with a bit of math education that ANYONE can understand. It will provide you with the intellectual bridge (if you choose to walk over it...) to live Forge Bowl 2023 success. This is exactly what I did here in beta - and I have a full event building sitting in my Iron Age beta city - after having spent ONLY 150 diamonds for the ULTIMATE coach.

If you take the time to read this entire story (I'm a published author, so to me, not everything is summarized...), you'll be ready for live.

Coaches 2022 Forge Bowl.JPG

Look over all the coaches. Which single one "energizes" the plan to "cross the goal line"?

The most important coach for this strategy is...

The progress coach, and then the league coach for icing the deal to make sure you stay in at LEAST the BRONZE age for the final upgrade you need. So if you need both, the ULTIMATE COACH is your dream come true.

The other coaches are superfluous to you IF your goal is the building.

By buying the ultimate coach, 1 time (especially on the last day with the daily special being favorable to you...) It's going to RAIN down prizes you want over the quantity of stars you have to spend.

But again, if the daily special isn't favorable, don't change your event goal - just execute and take all the daily specials you make and sell them - haha.

For me, ironically, I spent about 10,000 stars the 2nd to last day, and the daily special was the Winner's Plaza selection kit. I could care less about them in the IRON age in beta, but I got over 20 of them. Big deal. That wasn't my goal, but the stars and planets aligned so that I got something of potential value, but not today.

If you want the building, the math of what the progress coach does is super important.

Here's the KEY: Always pick the player with the smallest RUN cost (no matter WHAT prize they give you... it's not about THEIR prize, it's about their COST), and just take 1 hour and blow out all the stars.

Why the lowest costs? Because it's an iterative process and with the progress coach, the deal is you're getting 1 extra yard for every run you do. That means you want lots of runs! Repeat: LOTS OF CHEAP costing RUNS!!

Using that math = let's build a simple ILLUSTRATIVE example model:

If the football field is 100 yards to cross the goal line, and you only have 2 runners, one that does 50 yards/run and one that does 10/run, here's what happens to your total yardage when you use both to go 100 yards:

RUNNER A (50): 2 runs x 50 yards makes 102 yards = 100 total from the runner, and 1 extra yard x 2 runs as a bonus

now for the other runner - same idea.

RUNNER B (10): 10 x 10 makes 110 total yards awarded to you (use the same math paradigm as the 50 yard runner)

The goal is to MAKE LOTS of extra yardage to zoom down the field to the goal line and for that extra yardage to keep accruing into your field position (and favor). This seemed to do just that.

I didn't get super-quantitative on the costs (actually @MooingCat confirmed my suspicions above....) , I just have a good sense of numbers and took pulse points mathematically as that 10,000 was diminishing from spending it.

But you know what this was doing? MAKING LOTS OF YARDS and the 10K wasn't going down very fast, ether :)

I found everything was working nominally and that assured me that my hypothesis of relative costing per yard of running within a tolerance I could accept, and one that would get me the upgrade kits in the quantity I would need. Its a feedback loop to make sure my theory was still on track.

It was.

So back to the example: if the relative costs of those 2 runner types is near parity to each other for their yardage , that 10 extra yards achieved by the lowest COST runner for the same cost as the other higher cost runner, over 10,000 star costs, will easily give you MORE upgrade kits, and you'll succeed in the event if your goal is the main prize.

Any whiff of deviation of the single goal I set (get the event prize for 1 fee of 150 diamonds...) to get other things offered in the event - puts that at risk, and then you get caught short and in INNO's spider spun web as a meal.

To get out of the web costs you more diamonds than it should (or cash).

Is this the only strategy to get the prize? Don't know, but can't believe it's a single threaded event to a single solution.

I repeat, FoE isn't Pay2Win. That's myopic. It's think to win.

Last edited:

Matteozzzo

Steward
Ok, I understand the correct strategy, now.

But let me underline something:
Till now events were much easier, I didn't need to think to get a full set of the event building.
It was more than enough just to log in and play every day.
This has changed with this event and it wasn't clear at the beginning of the event (at least it wasn't to me).

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I agree with much of your logic @Xiphos, but I disagree that Inno should ditch the training wheels entirely. As @Matteozzzo just said, it's not obvious from the start of the event what you need. Simple math will tell us how far we need to travel, but beyond that there are a lot of information that just isn't known without resorting to third-party sites:

1) How many handeggs will you get?
2) How many yards do each player move?
3) How much do all the different players cost?

Without knowing those, it's not clear at all that the progress coach is required to reach the target. Intuitively you can come to the conclusion that the one that gives you extra progress towards grand prizes is required, and if that was the case I'd be perfectly fine with it. But that's not enough, you need to pick up more handeggs from incidents, and it's definitely not clear up front that that is required.

Sure, it's easy enough to do the math or find guides to help you, but you have to keep in mind that Inno's main focus is on the *casual* players, and for those it's not clear at all what's required.

The event surprise box was a nice buffer in past events, but with that gone players don't have much recourse if they mess up.