• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Closing Thoughts

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9537

As it is now, players that payed diamonds during the events are the losers of this whole nightmare event. NICELY DONE ....

Again... Exactly how? Why are people paying to play a "TEST" game? Or do folks not realize this is a beta testing server? That when they click on "OK" they are agreeing that if anything happens its nobodies fault but theirs for freely choosing to participate in the test?

DeletedUser

Why would anyone pay diamonds to play an unfinished product? They should be saved to play the finished product on the main game server.
you can't use the beta server diamonds on live game servers :rolleyes:

DeletedUser9537

Even on this testing server, diamonds can be bought, and are bought, so yeah people do care :)

;) "Can Be" is not the same as "Should Be"...

Or more Appropriately "We are twisting your arm to spend your hard earned money on a "TEST" server:... :confused: So you can proclaim to the world "I am a WINNER! Even in TEST Land!"...

:eek: Sorry... But I don't get why people pay to play on a Test... Did folks pay to take their Final Exam Tests in High School? Or pay to Taste Test New Coke back in the day?

DeletedUser

That is why you do not PAY to play on a test server...
correct

some pay with free diamonds to get level 10 Colossus and those are then gone
but other still have them and also a level 10 Colossus

DeletedUser

But I don't get why people pay to play on a Test
but maybe you get now that people spend those free diamonds and they are now not happy that they are lost but other still have them

and that is unfair to them
people not spending free diamonds = level 10 Colossus
people spending free diamonds = level 10 Colossus

so is that fair to you ?

DeletedUser9537

I realy feel that this chit-chat about this being a test server nonsense should be discussed somewhere else than in this feedback about 2 free upgrades of the past event.

If it were not relevant to the complaints, in general, I would agree. However one should ask themselves how many of those who do not comprehend the concept of Beta... Or test Server... Would actually "Read" those postings"?

As its apparent, they didn't even read the "READ THIS" before accepting the "Beta User Terms" before choosing to participate.

It makes zero sense to participate on Beta when you should be on the regular servers to play the game regularly. The only reason to Beta? Is because you want things for nothing, or you want to see what's coming up before everyone else. Participation is voluntary.

DeletedUser9537

but maybe you get now that people spend those free diamonds and they are now not happy that they are lost but other still have them

and that is unfair to them

Again... Note... FREE... So again I say... So What? They were free. You get them for participating in the Beta Process. You can choose to save them, use them, invest them in however you choose. Even in the beta event projects. they are works in progress and if you do not "get" that? You should not be in a Beta Environment.

people not spending free diamonds = level 10 Colossus
people spending free diamonds = level 10 Colossus

so is that fair to you ?

Fair? :rolleyes: You're Funny!

DeletedUser

Thunderdome

Emperor
Finally diamonds may be free but my time is not "free"!!!!!!!!!!!
And, here I am thinking that my time was always limited due to working so much in the real world, and playing this game was a luxury afforded in-between.

Each one of us was given a choice to whether or not to play the beta server. I made that choice to play it because I want to see first hand before (and yes, now I had created a city on the US live server of Angkor) it goes to the live servers. Yes, I had spent for diamonds (so I am sure I will get to hear people telling me that I should not have, but it's my choice and prerogative in doing so) as I will be spending for the live city (not on the event, though, as I had accepted a challenge in seeing if it's possible this time around).

Hey, I was once a free player and sometimes I feel with them because developers often shafted them with dinky (useless) items or some lame excuse. Most spendy players will tell the free players to buy, buy, buy if they want to get anywhere in life. Well, I am not that kind of guy; I am the kind that would encourage players to keep at it and hopefully something positive comes to light, like this compensation that had brought a majority of players Colossi towards level 10.

While the two I obtained are useless (as some would have put it) since I do not have a waiting Colossus, however, I am just happy that the players were taken into consideration and their "voices" (I know, it's written) were heard (well, read if you get my meaning).

So, your time may not be "free" but you also have that choice to participate or not in this past event or even the server for that matter. I am pretty sure no one will take that from you.

dolphin

Marquis
I am just happy that the players were taken into consideration and their "voices" (I know, it's written) were heard (well, read if you get my meaning).

Some voices were heard on a "beta" server and others were not. Maybe the problem is listening to the winers and trying to appease them at the expense of others who really tested the function!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Some voices were heard on a "beta" server and others were not. Maybe the problem is listening to the winers and trying to appease them at the expense of others who really tested the function!
I think the majority of the "voices" were heard throughout this event's time frame. I would not call them "whiners", though.

However, if I may, I would like to point you to an announcement that was made a few weeks back about the possibility of obtaining a level 10 Colossus without the need for spending on diamonds. In that time frame (and before the end of the event), I will assume the following had happened:

• Players completed all the quests, logged in each day to get the free footballs... still could not get all upgrades for level 10... wind up in Amateur bracket.
• Players spent the free diamonds (as with above)... still weren't able to get all upgrades for level 10... wind up in Amateur bracket.
• Players spent a little bit more in diamonds... still weren't able to get all upgrades for level 10... some wind up in Amateur bracket, others were in Bronze.

Basically, they've tested all the way through and were cut short. Yes, while I understand it's beta, a promise was announced and challenge was accepted by majority of the players to gather feedback and prove Inno wrong (in which the players did), which led to some other adjustments prior to releasing to the live servers. Now, I am taking Inno up to that challenge by not spending for the event and see if I am able to get a level 10 without spending the diamonds that I have on me on the 26th US server.

DeletedUser8262

Inno, have pretty much managed to upset everyone at some stage during this event which takes some doing. While they may have managed in the end to please the majority with the 2 upgrades they've done nothing for those who bit the bullet and used diamonds to complete the colossus. A diamond is a diamond and free or otherwise has value, and the fact is that any spent chasing the final upgrades were wasted. In fairness inno should refund any diamonds used in this way and take back the now useless upgrades, or alternatively add a few levels to the colossus so that the upgrades can be used.

I'd also like to say that this thread is for feedback on the event and that the opinion of everyone who bothers to post should be respected, i've noticed more and more that too many find it necessary to judge and lecture, please keep your opinion of my opinion to yourself. It would be a real pity if this forum goes the way of the live one, where a few trolls cant live without replying negatively to almost every post

DeletedUser9746

How So? I am honestly just curious. This is a BETA Server... Why would anyone pay diamonds to play an unfinished product? They should be saved to play the finished product on the main game server.

Otherwise, that is like paying to test drive a car you "might" buy or paying for those food samples they "give away" at the grocery store.

I suppose you could (free will and all) but why you would still baffle's me...
Some of us play only on the Beta server (free will and all)

DeletedUser

Inno, have pretty much managed to upset everyone at some stage during this event

The people that get the most upset are often those that feel Beta will offer game play like the live servers do, which is not at all true. A test server is for testing, and anyone voluntarily participating in our testing should not expect anything, other than bugs and balancing issues, and how we approach resolving them.

Maybe the problem is listening to the winers and trying to appease them

We do not fix bugs and change balancing to 'appease' anyone. We look at all of the communities feedback, and if it points out a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed, we address it.

so is that fair to you ?

Sorry but how do you apply such a broad concept as 'fair' to a test server that has publicly stated repeatedly that things are constantly changing here, and we can not guarantee the continuity of game play when content is still in testing.

dolphin

Marquis
Sorry but how do you apply such a broad concept as 'fair' to a test server that has publicly stated repeatedly that things are constantly changing here, and we can not guarantee the continuity of game play when content is still in testing.
Then why give 2 upgrades to everyone, which are useless to the folks that tested here with diamonds!

DeletedUser

Then why give 2 upgrades to everyone, which are useless to the folks that tested here with diamonds!

We gave out the extra upgrades as we changed the way the event ended, after it ended here on Beta. If a player doesn't need them, fine, they can ignore them.
What some seem to be missing is fair has nothing to do with a testing process. We gave out free diamonds and upgrades for this event on Beta, no one lost out on anything.

DeletedUser9537

Some of us play only on the Beta server (free will and all)

I'm not saying it is right or wrong. But I am saying that as it is a test server, to test the game, to find bugs and glitches...
You choose to play at your own risk. And you are not entitled to special treatment simply because you choose the beta server over the live server.

And honestly having myself done these for a couple decades now, with games, apps, OS's etc? You are not entitled to anything. Not even to have your complaints taken seriously. Unless otherwise stated? You are not entitled to compensation, or live communication (like this forum) or even access to an email address to send bugs to. Those are all options exercised by the developer. They don't even owe you an explanation for why they chose path A instead of Path B...

We are just guests invited into the developers home to view home movies being edited into family albums. We can be asked to leave at any time. We can BYO (booze, food, snacks) unless they have been offered. Even then? If they run out you don't have the right to demand they run to the store for more...

Just saying is all... You don't have to like it... Doesn't mean its still not true...

DeletedUser9537

you are the funny one here :rolleyes:

No, I am just an invited Guest... Like you... That the Host (developers) can ask to leave their home at ANY TIME For ANY REASON...

and? people still care about free diamonds

1000 free diamonds have the same value in the game as 1000 bought diamonds :rolleyes:

Seriously are you a teenager? Important Life Lesson either way.

When someone invites you into their home, they are not obligated to offer you chips and dip, but if they do? And you eat them all? You don't have the right to make them go and buy you more, just because they offered them...

Nor do you have the right to complain about a stomach ache because you DID eat them all.

yes please answer it
is it fair that some people wasted diamonds only to have the same at the end like people who didn't spend them

You are a guest... You are not entitled to anything... The diamonds were given for free... They have ZERO value... They have ZERO cost... The fact that you felt the need to pig out and eat them up? And now that the Host has offered a cool refreshing drink to wash the chips and dip down...

You want to complain because those guests who didn't pig out still have their chips and dip to enjoy with the cool refreshing drink.

But you don't? And you think that's not fair?

Wait till you grow up and find out just how "Unfair" Life really is. I almost wish I could be there to see the LOOK upon your faces when reality sets in...