• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected For Antique Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad2389

Viceroy
Reason
lots of players have loads of BP's they don't plan on using but sometimes one of the squares is hard to get

ps: probabilitys for your needed BP to apear in that section of AD won't be 100% the day you'll want it so this stays strategic play
Details
add an icon to go to that part of AD
Balance
balance in what BP's apear when in that part of AD should be decided by INNO
Abuse Prevention
like said in reason part probabilitys for your needed BP to apear in that section of AD won't be 100% the day you'll want it to avoid abuse
Summary
Add area in AD where you can sell Blue Prints for a new currency that you can only use in that section to buy other BP's
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
es i have checked and having to much BP's is something many players tryed to offer ideas on but i think this one is prity new it's also discussed there https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/for-antique-dealer.42682/#post-429553 but i wanted your feedback on this here cause players from all over the world play on beta
Proposal: Add area in AD where you can sell Blue Prints for a new currency that you can only use in that section to buy other BP's

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea : yes i have checked and having to much BP's is something many players tryed to offer ideas on
but i think this one is prity new
it's also discussed there
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/for-antique-dealer.42682/#post-429553
but i wanted your feedback on this here cause players from all over the world play on beta

Reason: lots of players have loads of BP's they don't plan on using but sometimes one of the squares is hard to get
ps: probabilitys for your needed BP to apear in that section of AD won't be 100% the day you'll want it so this stays strategic play

Details: add an icon to go to that part of AD

Visual Aids: none so far but if someone wants to create one i'd be happy to edit to place one here

Balance/Abuse Prevention: like said in reason part probabilitys for your needed BP to apear in that section of AD won't be 100% the day you'll want it to avoid abuse
pls have fun talking of this idea

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do you mean BP for different buildings? Like selling a notre dam BP and hoping to get an arc BP from the dealer? Or do you mean you have a lot of BP for the top left tile and need more BP in the bottom right tile?

shad2389

Viceroy
Or do you mean you have a lot of BP for the top left tile and need more BP in the bottom right tile?
lol that's already almost possible by trading them 2 for 1
more like:
Like selling a notre dam BP and hoping to get an arc BP from the dealer
but then does not mean dealer will have the one you want on shelf maybe day you'll need it what's on shelf won't be needed by you so they might add a refresh buton where you pay to refresh what's on shelf but then again does not mean needed BP wil become available on shelf
like in AD presently it can take a while befor you can get somthing usefull but day you do your like wow that's nice i'll take that
won't be a direct trade like ND direct for an Arc print you'll need to barter the BP's and get a curency to buy other BP's but ND BP won't cost same as Arc one in this don't get me wrong here

Do you mean BP for different buildings? Like selling a notre dam BP and hoping to get an arc BP from the dealer? Or do you mean you have a lot of BP for the top left tile and need more BP in the bottom right tile?

The idea propose to be able to sell your Notre Dame's top left tile BP for X amount of "BP coins" (to give a name to that new resource) and then be able to use those "BP coins" (and probably a lot more) to buy an Arc's BP. The idea does not say if the cost of a BP of a higher era GB would be higher than the cost of the lower era GB. I would expect the cost of a Notre Dame's BP be lower than the cost of an Alcatraz's or Arc's BP.

The idea proposes to use the Auction Dealer to perform the buy/selling of BPs, several other ideas have proposed ways to buy/sell BPs; however these all ends against a wall called DNSL: "Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules)."

As the reason say, lot of players have loads of BPs they do not intend to use. No matter the value to be set to an specific BP, those loads of BPs would pile up together to provide enough "BP coins" needed to the desired BP. This would mean the end of the use of 200 Diamonds to buy an specific BP. Why would anyone pay 200 diamonds if he/she can sell 100 Notre Dame's and 200 Colosseum BPs to get an Arc or Space Carrier BP?
Would Inno agree to close this income source (200 Diamonds/BP) for them?

Last edited:

Umbrathor

Baronet
Selling 'bad' blueprints for good ones? I'm sure many people would welcome it. It would change the dynamic of acquiring BP's - though mostly for people who already have a lot of BP's. And those are more likely to have access to an arc, ehich is the best way to acquire BP's.

There is a huge disparity between players who have an arc (especially when they have a high one) and players who do not, in how easy it is to get BP's. Basically, donating in GB's is the only way to have a fair chance of getting the BD's you are looking for. Other means are either too random or too inefficient.

Making it possible to trade for blueprints from specific GB's would change that dynamic completely. The Auction House already allows you to buy BP's. It does not allow you to sell any though.
It might start selling BP's for specific GB's, though never with the distinction of the specific piece of the blueprint (9/9) you need. So I think the auction house will never be a relevant source for BP's.

We got 40 GBs so far, and with 9 BPs per GB that makes 360 BPs to be randomly available at the Auction Dealer. Assuming that just one slot of the shop is dedicated to BPs the random opportunity to see the BP a player is looking for is like what? 4 times per year considering refreshing of the shop every few hours?

Last edited:
If we had a way to just delete BP from the inventory menu, I'd be all over that. Unlikely that inno will change the 25+ buildings that nobody has in their city that will make people change their minds about them. They clog inventory screen because you cant "delete" BP once you have 1 of each print so you have half your inventory filled with full BP sets you'll never build and its sorted with these GB first. It wouldn't be that difficult to get more BP if inno does decide to make them worth building.

But that's an idea for another thread.

I guess this idea would make RFP very profitable.

What is the problem with having too many BPs? To have to scroll down more, in the screen showing the GBs and BPs inventory, to get to the GB you want to check to build or to unlock the next level? How much effort needed to implement a solution to sell or delete BPs to just save one or two more times to press the scroll down button or drag a bit longer the mouse? Is it worth it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.