• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected FoE's official Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
Reason
It's already very well known that people love accessibility, love easy to learn and use apps, and a forum is the opposite of that. We only must check how many players in FoE uses forums to communicate, express their ideas, etc. and compare that with the % of players of other online games who uses Discord instead of a forum.

Discord can be uses in pc, in tablets and cellphones, people can download a 377mb app to have instant acces to different groups and chat and have instant comunication, and because it's easy to learn and is easy to acces to the chats related to a certain group is why we can see hundred and thousands of players using it everyday.

Innogames could have more feedback and more interactions than ever and as you should know, the more feedback and interactions, more profits to Innogames and better improves and updates to the game.
Details
Usually, at the moment of enter to a discord group, you can read a welcome message and nothing else. at the end of that message you can read something like "please, react to this message with the flag of the server where you play", and by doing that, you unlock all the chats related to the server where you play and the language of it.

the chats you can see can be:

- Announcements: only admins and mods of that group can write there, in the case of FoE, The community Manager of your server should be the one who can write there.

- Updates: A chat where only mods, admins, CManager; can write. A chat where people can read all the info about a new patch and what it contains.

- Feedback: A chat where any person can post your feedback about an event, a new updat or patch, etc.

- FAQs: a chat where people can only read and where can find useful info about the most frequent questions asked by players like "why we can't rotate buildings in FoE?".

- General Chat: a chat to talk to any person who is online and present in that moment.

- Suggestion: a chat where any person can write but after send your message, you must wait between 12 hours or even a complete day before write there. mods have the power to delete any suggestion with an inappropriate format and people can react to those messages (suggestions) at any moment with an arrow pointing up or an arrow pointing up.

- Discussion of suggestions: a chat where any person can write to comment his/her opinions about any suggestion posted in the suggestion chat.

- Random chats: like a chat to post memes related to FoE, art related to FoE.

- Worlds chats: a section divided by different sub chats according to each world in the server where you are. people of a certain world can write in the chat with the name of the world where they play to instantly chat with players of his/her world.

- Rate my city: a chat to post screenshots of your city, to ask opinions and ways to improve it.

All that can be implemented in a Discord group and Community Managers, Forum Managers, forum moderators, support members, etc, and specially Innogames, would have instant access to hundred and thousands of messages, feedback, suggestions ,etc. A lot more than the ones they have in any forum!.
Balance
With the creation of a Discord group, the forum could be, eventually, not used by any player, what it could mean a possible deletion of all FoE Forums if Innogame see that as a possitive option for them.
Abuse Prevention
no. it is a group in an app no related to FoE, so there is no way that a player can cheat or use an exploit inside the game.
Summary
Create an official Discord Group of FoE to increase a lot the interaction between players of all servers and Innogames and it's forum/support workers.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
not suggested.
Rise of Cultures, another game of Innogames, uses Discord instead of a forum like Elvenar, The West, Forge of Empires, etc. Why not FoE? Why we still using a system like a forum?

The idea: the creation of an official Discord for FoE and it would be a lot beter if we use that instead of forums.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I don't think we need an official Discord server managed by Inno, those who want to be in a Discord server for the game can join either Mooingcat's or FoE Elite's server, and probably there are more out there.

Scybelle

Farmer
I hate lose time entering to the forum, login in and then comment or vote or whatever. I use discord everyday and having a group for forge of empieres would be amazing and faster.

Tanmay11

Regent
discord as a replacement for forums - NO
fine by me if they create a channel for chatting etc...but again as arklur said above, there's already a few of them like FoElite, Mooingcat and even foe wikia

Yes to a add a FOE Discord.
No to Discord to replace Forum.

It would depend if Inno has enough CMs, Admins, Moderators to keep both up and running properly.

Thunderdome

Emperor
As much as I like Discord (I use it for other things besides gaming), I will have to with a solid no on this suggestion to have it replace the forum for my reasons:

• Chats are moving fast. Within a 15 minute time frame, you will have like 200 messages that needed to be read. This is an easy place to lose track of what was posted.
• Each channel is one thing on a discord server. Each subforum is multiple on a forum. It's going to be hard to search for what you want on a discord server.
• Repetitive inquiries will be asked that will annoy others on a discord server. A forum is much easier in organizing such.
• Discord server channels are hardly regulated, so there will be some yahoo posting memes or emotes on impulse before they are removed.
• Forums tend to have source IPs of accounts created. Discord doesn't have this. If an account is banned, they can circumvent that by creating an alt in discord.

I personally like forums for information that is organized so I can look for what I need to find, post in the right posts that catch my curiosity or my need to respond to, and place my feedback into the appropriate topics. I like discord for chatting and for catching what's new (that is locked from others posting in a channel). I hope it won't replace forum, though.

Emberguard

Emperor
Forums tend to have source IPs of accounts created. Discord doesn't have this. If an account is banned, they can circumvent that by creating an alt in discord.
Correction, discord automatically bans all future same-IP accounts from joining if you the ban function. It just won’t boot any pre-existing ones already on the server

Thunderdome

Emperor
Correction, discord automatically bans all future same-IP accounts from joining if you the ban function. It just won’t boot any pre-existing ones already on the server
Thanks. Got a few servers of my own but no problematic people on them. The other ones I joined tend to have those, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.