• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Flashplayer

DeletedUser4282

Hi, according to an article in SPIEGEL (26/07/2017) Adobe announced the end of
Flashplayer by 2020!! My question: What is Inno replacing Flashplayer with and
when? Hopefully it will be in time, as the closure is only 2 years away! ;)

DeletedUser16

Hi, according to an article in SPIEGEL (26/07/2017) Adobe announced the end of
Flashplayer by 2020!! My question: What is Inno replacing Flashplayer with and
when? Hopefully it will be in time, as the closure is only 2 years away! ;)
Hi guys :). Don't worry about that. Flash has made the Internet a better, more friendly and more colorful place. But it's been obvious for a while now that it's not a technology of the future.
Therefore, work on moving Forge of Empires away from Flash commenced already some time ago and is well underway. Please rest assured - FoE will be a Flash-free game long before the end of 2020 :).

And for now:

keepcalmandplayfoe.png

Thank you! :)

DeletedUser7942

Hi guys :). Don't worry about that. Flash has made the Internet a better, more friendly and more colorful place. But it's been obvious for a while now that it's not a technology of the future.
Therefore, work on moving Forge of Empires away from Flash commenced already some time ago and is well underway. Please rest assured - FoE will be a Flash-free game long before the end of 2020 :).

And for now:

keepcalmandplayfoe.png

Thank you! :)
Any ETA on that? And thank you.

DeletedUser16

Any ETA on that? And thank you.
Yes.
We want Forge of Empires to grow and be playable for many years to come. That’s why we plan on releasing an HTML5-based version already in the first half of 2018 – long before the end of Flash.
HTML5, while very different from Flash, will allow us to remove the Flash dependency. This will be a background change and it should not result in any required adjustments on your end. The game will still look the same, will run in browser and under the same URL :).

DeletedUser5429

Yes.
We want Forge of Empires to grow and be playable for many years to come. That’s why we plan on releasing an HTML5-based version already in the first half of 2018 – long before the end of Flash.
HTML5, while very different from Flash, will allow us to remove the Flash dependency. This will be a background change and it should not result in any required adjustments on your end. The game will still look the same, will run in browser and under the same URL :).
\o/ Great news! \o/

DeletedUser4282

Looking forward to HTML5, as Flashplayer has never been the best!!
Glad FoE and a few other internet games are forced to let go of Flash....:D

DeletedUser8150

Flashplayer has never been the best!!
Glad FoE and a few other internet games are forced to let go of Flash....:D

Flash is poor. Its always been a security hole....and stability is hardly a strong point but i'll wait for html5 to judge if it actually makes FOE better. You have to think it can't be worse but thats just asking for trouble!

DeletedUser8404

Sorry to necropost, but I have a follow-up question on this: is the HTML5 version developed enough to give a sense of things like processor usage, memory footprint, speed, stability, etc., compared to the Flash version? Obviously, hard stats would be impossible while it's still in development, but can you give us a general idea of what to expect, when the time comes?

DeletedUser8150

Sorry to necropost, but I have a follow-up question on this: is the HTML5 version developed enough to give a sense of things like processor usage, memory footprint, speed, stability, etc., compared to the Flash version? Obviously, hard stats would be impossible while it's still in development, but can you give us a general idea of what to expect, when the time comes?

They probably can but not for the reason you might think. I think I read they have ported one of the other games to HTML5 (Grepolis?) so one would assume that in broad terms any performance gains or losses would be replicated in FOE.

Last edited by a moderator: