• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Your First Great Building

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
I don't think it is possible to make straight comparisons on only the happiness aspect of GBs that are turning out different things besides the happiness. Are medals more use than goods, goods more useful than units, units more udeful than supplies - and if so, in what quantities? These things are subjective and dependant on many factors.

Notre Dame is directly comparable because it provides the same two benefits, so only the space and FP cost need to be looked at to draw conclusions.

You have a point, but I was only comparing the happiness values to begin with. It could be argued either way that Inno balances both bonuses together, or that they balance both bonuses separately. In the former case, that could explain why happiness values aren't entirely consistent but in the latter, Inno decided that all of the various collection aspects of each of these GBs are created equally. That is to say, gathering x amount of medals from an Iron Age Colosseum is equal to gathering x amount of troops from a Progressive Era Alcatraz. We can't really be sure which way Inno designed the bonuses, we can only speculate. To that end, I say the happiness values are inconsistent merely by virtue of the numbers on the Oracle.

Andi47

Overlord
@Prinza the Hunter The numbers actually indicate that the Oracle is better on both counts. It's rather odd for a 'Stone Age' GB (it's cheaper than Bronze, so this is what I'm calling it) to outperform a GB numerically that's 4 ages above it. While it's more likely for this to mean that the Oracle will be toned down, it would be nice if the nerf bat swung upwards instead in this instance, because here are happiness values of other GBs at level 10, in ascending order of FP cost:

1. Oracle 1700 3x3 - 189/sq
2. Colosseum 4000 6x7 - 95/sq
3. Hagia 6400 7x6 - 152/sq
4. Notre Dame 3900 4x6 - 163/sq
5. Dresden 4900 5x5 - 196/sq
6. Alcatraz 11300 10x7 - 161/sq
7. Space Needle 4800 6x5 - 160/sq
8. Atomium 9700 7x6 - 231/sq
9. Lotus 10000 6x6 - 278/sq
10. Gaea 12300 6x4 - 513/sq

This clearly shows that some of the GBs (especially Colosseum (!) Notre Dame(!!), Space Needle (!!!)) need some rebalance in the upward direction.

Other GBs in the list are often built for the second bonus, like FP (Hagia), unrefined Goods (Dresden), guild goods (Atomium) and units (Alcatraz).

And note that many players sell their Atomium as soon as they reach Arctic Future - even at Level 10 the Happiness is small compared to polished Arctic culture buildings.
Examples:
1.) Personal Rapid Transport, 7x4 - without polish 257/square (still better than Atomium!), polished 514/sq (even slightly better than a Level 10 Gaea!!)
2.) Communication Tower, 4*5 - without polish 290/square (better than Level 10 Lotus), polished 580/sq (better than Level 10 Gaea)
3.) Vertical Zoo, 6*3 - without polish 341/sq (significantly better than Level 10 Lotus), polished 682/sq (significantly better than Level 10 Gaea)

Talking about Gaea: Need Medals? Build Victory towers, do recurring quests, pimp your Arc and invest in GBs! But hands off from Gaea, rather build Vertical Zoo at this space!

DeletedUser5342

Hello Everyone,
usually i hold on, cause my english is actually non-existent.
But now i am mad.
Instead work on the redundancy, the game is impure with great builing, which no one, actually no one at all need.
Really inconceivable, developed by the reality. Congratulations!
Best regards :mad:

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-10-09 - removed inappropriate language.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5955

Inno? Honestly? ROFL

why i have simple question.
Inno why wont u make a bot that plays the game for players! I mean realy?

Fun part of any game is figuring out the system, how it works, and u put everything upfront.

im 32 yr old and when i went to school internet or wifi was new in POland and we were told not to use it for homework and we have to put a source in our homworks. any internet source was grades lowest grade (1 for numeric 1- 6 scale, or F for letter system)
and now from perspective i say it was good.

and nowadays companies / schools do things as easy as possible - which is WRONG cos ppl wont learn.

How did I learned english?
when i was small child like 3-4 years old i had cartoon network and fox kids channels only in english so i listened, i was asking parents what some words mean, and i learned alot and later on i had english as in school and privette lessons. it was good school and good learning.

And now u layout everything as easy as possible.
So for me personally why not give players unlimited access to diamonds and let them win the game with big red button: "win the game"? its the same for crying out loud!

when i started playing talking on chat was part of the fun if i had some problems how things works - i always could ask and talk.
and if u lay out every solution to every problem why to bother with chats and message system at all? itll become pointless and useless since everythi ng will be put out in quest lines and diaries and other stuff?

BIG FREAKING
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to his idea.

An also about GBs:
i get percentages are good - and this is bcouse regarless of age it will always raise other stats.

and we already have around 8 useless GBs, 5 its ok, but could be better, and god ones.

Some GBs should be modified:

Coloseum: Culture+medals
seed vaoult: WW% + Supps
Dresden: Goods + culture
dynamic tower: supplies + goods of aided building
gaja
notre dame
space neele
voyager
deal
atomium
basil cathedral

those GB need adjusting

some of those give culture - so why not change permament culture boost to percent culture boost? like 10% per level up to 30, then 5% per level?
some give medals - the amount of medals is riddiculusly low since the arc. no 1 in right mind will put gaja or deal in city cos the amount is so low, and due to arc to get 500k medlas is extra easy...so medal bonus need either to be change to something diffrent or adjusted to give way way more.
dynamic tower - 3 more goods per level of aided building - its rrealy useless instead i would put a goods building of requirted age and it woud produce similiar amount of goods with way more easier way to obtain them.

those GB that give goods(unprocessed) in oceanic like dresden are useless cos the amount of goods can be obtained by placing new, better GBs with way better gain, like atlantis which gives 20 goods at the starts while dresden only 10, and size of those GB is very simmiliar.

so it MUST be changed or adjusted

the best and simpliest way is to add to each GB a 3rd pasive option.

like this
Current era boost: it works simple:
lets give a number to each era
stone - 1
oceanic future: 16
now each GB belong to specyfic era like deal colonial age ( 7 numer)
so now the mechanics:
if a player is in olonial age and places deal the boost s 0 since there is no diffrence in ages.
but when a player moves to heigher era (industrial) the boost grows so for diffrence of 1 the boost is 3%
but for the diffrenceof 2 ages its 9%
for the diffrence of 3 is 27%
for the diffrence of 4 is 81%
for the diffrence of 5 is 243%
for the diffrence of 6 is 729%
for the diffrence of 7 is 2 187%
for the diffrence of 8 is 6 561%
and the boost for oceanic (16 - 7 = 9) so the boost would be 19 683%

and also whatis important this boost works only for the GB it is attached to

so to some1 in oceanic future deal castle castle will have its normal stats raised by the passive bonus of 19 683% to medals, and for the defensive boost.

and im not saying those numbers i told are right, just an example, and since the older building is the more cultural value it has - thats why those percentages should look like this

DeletedUser8341

Just a stray thought that popped into my head while planning a city layout ..

To make new players feel more comfortable with Great Buildings and accept them as a natural part of the game, why not call the Town Hall their first Great Building, supplied for free when they start. It does have some similarities with Great Buildings and is currently anomalous in that it is not part of any building category. Starting with a great building, then being guided on how to build another (the Oracle) would really help in introducing the concept. Probably nothing in the game needs to change beyond a little text in referring to the Town Hall and Oracle, but a big change could happen in the mind of a new player.

(As a side note, if the Town Hall is looked upon as a Great Building by the devs, they might get even more imaginative about the features a new Great Building could offer!)

Frankiedk

Squire
That GB looks nice, but i must agree, a bit of a pit to put FP into, only to throw away.
How about making it a little more interesting, make the Supply amount dependant on both Level of GB and Current Player age, and maybe 1 of each current age good at Level 10, maybe 1 of each previous age good at Level 20, and keep ratio pr. 20 levels. Add +50 Happiness pr. level after level 10. If you keep it after Modern Era it still makes current age goods, meaning refined goods. Now the GB has meaning, and is not just a throwaway. And cap at level 40/60, so max 2/3 of each current and 2/3 of each previous age goods, plus a bunch of supplies, and Happiness.
Make it worth the FP's needed to raise it.