• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Your First Great Building

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for the First Great Building here.
You can find the details in the announcement here.

Thank you! :)

Pafton

Viceroy
Is the Oracle being introduced as a permanent fixture or only during for the period of the questline?

DeletedUser7978

*cries in the corner*

I'm in HMA and I want it. Its pretty!

Pafton

Viceroy
Is it available only for players below mid-Iron Age or does that apply only for the questline.

Also, what age is it classified under? BA, or no age (Obs. ToR)

Pafton

Viceroy
1. So the blueprints for Delphi will be obtainable by contributing in the GB only, right?
2. Will it be buildable by all players or only BA/IA players?
3. What are its goods costs?

DeletedUser

1. So the blueprints for Delphi will be obtainable by contributing in the GB only, right?
that would obviously not work :p

there must be another way
or else how can the first Delphi build ?

I don't have the questline but it must give some BP of it ;)

DeletedUser5429

that would obviously not work :p

there must be another way
or else how can the first Delphi build ?

I don't have the questline but it must give some BP of it ;)
Yep, I would hazard :
  • by polivating iron age buildings (?? does it work if it is a "no age" building ??)
  • quests reward

DeletedUser16

I was thinking along the lines of the Observatory...but I too think that the questline will reward all/most/some the BPs.
Exactly.
The questline will grant all the necessary blueprints. And if you're past mid-Iron Age you can only get the blueprints by contributing to existing Oracles.
Although, tbh, I don't think that the GB is too relevant for players above ~HMA.

DeletedUser8341

what a waste of the FP players will put into it because they don't know better :rolleyes:
This is just what I was thinking.
announcement said:
We made sure the Oracle of Delphi Great Building will be useful to Iron Age players, but not really that interesting for advanced users.
Since new players might well get carried away, how about capping the levels on this building, since it is already realised that it has limited lifespan?

If it can only have 5 levels, or even 10, then at least there would not be huge frustration later, when the player deletes it. (I already hear the cries of "do that to the Colloseum, as well".) Alternately, how about popping up a message to the owner when the Oracle gets to level 5, 6 and 7 (beyond that, they should have got the point) to warn that they might later be wanting to remove the Oracle and they could now consider spending FPs somewhere else, instead.

---

I like that the early game is being improved but to be honest, I think developer's time would be far better spent in the tutorial. It has some awful gaps in it and even leads a newbie inaccurately at times. (If devs are interested, I could give some detailed suggestions but since it would take a time, I don't want to do that unless they are going to at least consider improving and expanding the tutorials.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

Another thought is what are the contribution rewards like? I fear that this could be something that players with a level 60+ Arc will simply raise up to level 40 for a junior member of their guild - at no cost to themselves - which will completely screw up the way tat player then continues the game (not so bad for a secondary city of someone who knows what they are doing but damaging in the long-term for a newbie). This fear brings me back again to the thought of capping the levels.

DeletedUser8277

I agree new players need to understand GBs better but giving them a horrible non GB that doesn't work like other GBs and is virtually worthless in an era or two is not a good way to go about it. Unless they are told straight out in the questline not to get carried away leveling this mock GB. And is explained that GBs don't come from questlines, GBs cost good etc...

Also, this is beta. Shouldn't we be testing the quest line even though it will only be available earlier on? How could we really give feedback or find bugs on something were not able to see?

Will this quest line be abortable or will new players, or anyone starting a new world now be forced to put down and use FP to level a GB they are just going to delete? Why introduce it in IA and not part of the stone age tutorial? At least sone age would make it last a bit longer for people and by the time they get to IA they should be focusing on the better BA/IA GBs. LoA, Zeus, Babel. If anyone waits to IA to learn about GBs then they're behind the curve and have already been confused by earning BPs. They either have figured it out by then so there's no need for this or this is going to get in the way of them getting worthwhile GBs. If it's a tutorial it belongs in Stone Age.