• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser7503

seriously inno??? WHY do we have to PAY for rewards we earned??? that makes no sense except for how greedly you have become. The "new" idea to sell more diamonds is to create a "tease" in the game dangling prizes in front of people with the hopes they will spend real money to get them??

this event is beyond boring, too few stars to every make you feel engaged with the event and when you don't feel engaged in the event the urge to buy diamonds to play more just doesn't happen.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
I expect that when it goes live, the trains production will only be available when motivated - that will automatically push it to the top of the priority list.
No it's better like that, we have the productions without needing help (like Maharaja's Palace).
So we can have another building helped in addition.

I know this was mentioned here more than once but seriously? You asked us to pay 3k diamonds and this is what you offer? There is exactly 1 thing that is somewhat interesting (train upgrade and even that is questionable) and rest is total and absolute crap. Yes, there is one more slot, but no matter what will be in it I would never pay 3k diamonds for that. So if you want us to pay diamonds, you should deliver something interesting... not this crap...

Clipboard03.jpg

And this is coming from a person who is willing to use thousands of diamonds on event buildings if they are worth it. Just check my live server (Czech world East-Nagach and you will see that I am not making this up).

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
I know this was mentioned here more than once but seriously? You asked us to pay 3k diamonds and this is what you offer? There is exactly 1 thing that is somewhat interesting (train upgrade and even that is questionable) and rest is total and absolute crap. Yes, there is one more slot, but no matter what will be in it I would never pay 3k diamonds for that. So if you want us to pay diamonds, you should deliver something interesting... not this crap...

And this is coming from a person who is willing to use thousands of diamonds on event buildings if they are worth it. Just check my live server (Czech world East-Nagach and you will see that I am not making this up).

I wish the new Forum changes would let me "like" something more than once!

I too have no problem spending diamonds if they give us something worth buying!!

DeletedUser7503

yes the only thing in the group worth anything is the upgrade and it would much easier to just use the 3K of diamonds on more stars, win more upgrades than the one and a bunch of other stuff too. This has to be the biggest market fail in the history of inno.

the only way this would have made any sense at all was if you choose to buy early you paid the 3k but as you fill each box the cost goes down to finally your cost would be zero when all 9 boxes are filled. they could have also let you spend diamonds to delete a prize with the hope to add something better

6zeva9

Baronet
Now that the DS display issue is fixed it appears that my comment about the dick move is correct. They have moved the DS change to at midnight. Moving away from their stated position of the DS being in play for 24 hours from the start of an event before changing.

Now the harassment will start again, from self important septic snowflakes who want everything on a plate before they will play.

PLEASE PUT THE DAILY SPECIAL CHANGE BACK TO WHERE YOU SAID IT WOULD BE & NOT MIDNIGHT SERVER TIME.
TO STOP PLAYERS BEING HARASSED.

DeletedUser10218

On mobile you cannot see reindeer collection, when clicking on reindeers.
Expected: clicking on reindeers under tavern and see pop up with reindeer collection (like on PC)
Actual: when clicking on reindeers nothing happened (like there a button, but no link, action happens)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
On mobile you cannot see reindeer collection, when clicking on reindeers.
Expected: clicking on reindeers under tavern and see pop up with reindeer collection (like on PC)
Actual: when clicking on reindeers nothing happened (like there a button, but no link, action happens)
Thank you, this has been confirmed and reported.

DeletedUser10282

1. I would remove it from the gift array and have manual options to shuffle it for either 200 diamonds or 20 stars (you're selling diamonds for stars at a best-package rate of 10.5 diamonds/star, so slight discount for people willing to pay diamonds).
2. You're offering 9 prizes for 2995 diamonds (332 diamonds/prize), so instead make it a one-at-a-time offer of a prize for 400-500 diamonds (slight markup in exchange for doing them one at a time). Instead of the reindeer filling the prize array, they allow the player to cycle in a new random prize. If you run out of reindeer you can do it instead for 50-100 diamonds. Also dump the filler prizes. Make the rotating prizes just be the three Train Cars, maybe Winter Village Selection Kit, Sleigh Builder, etc. to keep the Winter theme. But people aren't going to give you money for nonsense. Give them an opportunity to get a whole bunch of Cars and watch people burn diamonds like crazy trying to build the longest train possible. Especially if...

...THE CARS GET FIXED!! THIS is the biggest problem of the Event! The Freight and Dining Cars are out of alignment with other options in terms of the benefit provided against the space they take up, taking into account the need to be coupled to the train and the lack of road requirement, the latter two of which largely cancel each other out. You can't expect people to spend money for the privilege of turning gold into silver (metaphorically speaking)! This is Inno's giant blind spot IMO, not just in this but overall (this is just the latest example of it). They don't play their own game, so they don't understand that now that expansions have almost completely stopped, anything new that goes in has to replace something that's already there, so the thing going in has to be at the very least equal to the thing coming out. The Sleeping Car is very fair, but they screwed up the Freight and Dining Cars and haven't fixed them. Whether people spend diamonds or not when it goes live is largely going to depend on whether or not they make them worth buying.

No one is going to replace Sleigh Builders with Freight Cars, and no one's going to replace Checkmate Squares/Botanical Rotundas with Dining Cars. These have to be corrected if you want people to buy them!

Event Buildings:
SA:M Royal Marble Gateway: 7% atk/6 squares (1.17% atk/sq)
SA:M Altar of Artemis: 7% atk/6 squares (1.17% atk/sq)
SA:M Checkmate Square: 10% atk/9 squares (1.11 atk/sq)
SA:M Botanical Rotunda: 10% atk/9 squares (1.11 atk/sq)
SA:M Appleton Cottage: 13% atk/12 squares (1.083 atk/sq)
SA:M Abandoned Asylum: 24% atk/25 squares (.96% atk/sq)
SA:M Colossus: 15% atk/16 squares (.9375% atk/sq)
SA:M Carousel: 8% atk/9 squares (.88% atk/sq)
SA:M Dining Car: 4% atk/6 squares (.67 atk/sq)

In sets:
SA:M Sakura Rock Lv.2: 10%/6 squares (1.67 atk/sq)
SA:M Piazza Clock Tower Lv.2: 9%/6 squares (1.5 atk/sq)
SA:M Piazza Clock Tower Lv.1: 7%/6 squares (1.17 atk/sq)
SA:M Sakura Rock Lv.1: 5%/6 squares (.83 atk/sq)
SA:M Dining Car: 4% atk/6 squares (.67 atk/sq)

See the problem? :)

If you want to sell them, make the Dining Cars the same 7%/6 squares as the Royal Marble Gateway or Altar of Artemis (1.17). At least bring it up to 6%/6 (1.00). The Appleton Cottage was in line with its contemporaries, and I spent a decent chunk of change on that event.

I see that the Dining Car is classified as a decoration instead of a a culture building, meaning it can be off road unlike most of the buildings listed above,

At 2x3, the dining car takes up the same amount of space as 3 Pirate Guard Posts (also a decoration) from the 2019 Summer Event, the 2x1 Guard post gives a 2% attack boost starting in the Contemporary Era, so 3 Pirate Guard posts will give a 6% boost taking up the same amount of space.

At the very least - the Dining Car’s boost should be bumped up to 6% in the CE. the Dining Car’s boost as it is now only works if attached to the back of the train - which is not required with the guard post or any other attack building, considering this, the car’s boost really needs to be bumped up even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor II

Baronet
I see that the Dining Car is classified as a decoration instead of a a culture building, meaning it can be off road unlike most of the buildings listed above,

At 2x3, the dining car takes up the same amount of space as 3 Pirate Guard Posts (also a decoration) from the 2019 Summer Event, the 2x1 Guard post gives a 2% attack boost starting in the Contemporary Era, so 3 Pirate Guard posts will give a 6% boost taking up the same amount of space.

At the very least - the Dining Car’s boost should be bumped up to 6% in the CE. the Dining Car’s boost as it is now only works if attached to the back of the train - which is not required with the guard post or any other attack building, considering this, the car’s boost really needs to be bumped up even more.

Definitely another good way to look at it. Especially the key phrase "at the very least". The three Pirate Guard Posts can be placed anywhere in the city, nor do they have to be together. The Dining Car obviously has to be one solid 2x3 block, and it has to be placed in a very specific spot. So when determining the benefit it brings to the city, the efficiency of the Pirate Guard Post should be the bare-minimum starting point.

DeletedUser10315

I gotta say Inno's strategy with this Reindeer nonsense is absolute idiotic. First you introduce an Event's building that really relies on it's chain set to be profitable, then you put the cars in a ridiculous Reindeer set that only rich players can afford.
I guess a student like me should get a second job to be able to enjoy your event nowadays.

I understand, that the reindeer collection is to be paid for... Are you really wanting me to test this feature? I mean we are on beta.
If you want beta users to test a feature you need to enable. I would have expected either a lower price like 100 or so dias or more dias to be added. I test allways the buying of for example packages in order to understand both value against dias and correctness of adding to inventory. I will not pay real money in order to do your work! Furthermore, yet there is no item in the sleigh worth paying for 3000 dias equal around 40 EUR.
The rest of this event is, so far not bad and the building a nice christmas gift.

Feanor II

Baronet
I gotta say Inno's strategy with this Reindeer nonsense is absolute idiotic. First you introduce an Event's building that really relies on it's chain set to be profitable, then you put the cars in a ridiculous Reindeer set that only rich players can afford.
I guess a student like me should get a second job to be able to enjoy your event nowadays.

The Cars aren't required to make it profitable; they actually make it worse. Broken down by preferences (all decimals rounded to 3 places):

1. If you prioritize FPs, you choose the Evergreen Express, which is 8FP/21sq for an efficiency of .381 FP/sq/day. If you attach a Sleeping Car, you now have 10FP/27sq for an efficiency of .370 FP/sq/day. 2 Sleeping Cars? 12FP/33sq for an efficiency of .364 FP/sq/day. 10 Sleeping Cars? 28FP/81sq for an efficiency of .346 FP/sq/day. And so on.

2. If you prioritize goods, you choose the Sleighride Express, which is 20goods/21sq for an efficiency of .952 goods/sq/day. Attach a Freight Car, it becomes 25 goods/27sq, .926 goods/sq/day. Attach 10 Freight Cars, you get 70goods/81sq, efficiency .864 goods/sq/day

3. If you prioritize attack boost (my people :)...), you choose the Charcoal Express, which is 20%/21sq for an efficiency of .952 atk%/sq. Attach a Dining Car and it becomes 24%/27sq, making it .889 atk%/sq. Attach 10 Dining Cars, 60atk%/81sq, efficiency of a paltry .741 atk%/sq.

Now, for the coup de grace-it's worth pointing out that each of the Cars only boosts ONE of the three main resources (FPs, goods, atk boost%), so the efficiency of the other two are going to drop very steeply as you add Cars. So let's say I do the last option. Not only does the Charcoal Express go down in efficiency by 22.164% of its specialty, it also means that the Charcoal Express is now producing 5FP/81sq for an efficiency of .062% as opposed to the original .238 FP/sq/day, as well as 15 goods/81sq for .185 goods/sq/day as opposed to the original 15/21 .714 goods/sq/day. Drops of 383% and 386% respectively. It should be a trade-off (i.e. "is it worth the reduction in efficiency of production for [non-preferred resource A] and [non-preferred resource B] in order to increase the efficiency of [preferred resource C])?" But they're so badly balanced that they even hurt the PREFERRED resource! And they want you to spend real-world money adding these Cars!!

Note: it's been a long week so if I've made an error in the math I apologize in advance...