• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

podkap1970

Emperor
since todays patch the main train jumped to the end of the aid list again :(
VF Rotunda gets polished before train gets motivated oh my gosh :)

Feanor II

Baronet
You also have to take into account that the cars don't need road connections. The dining car provides good attack percentage at lower ages. The issue is the percentage doesn't increase with the ages.
I addressed this in #214.
A Checkmate Square or Botanical Rotunda give 10% over 9 squares (1.11/1), so at the very least the Dining Car should be 6% over 6 (1/1). Even if we factor in the additional tile for the road connection, a Square or Rotunda maintains a 1/1 ratio of atk%/tiles, so a 2x3 SA:M Dining Car needs to be a 6% boost to make it worthwhile relative to the existing competition.

The issue is the percentage doesn't increase with the ages.
Agree 100%. That is precisely the problem. Almost every other attack-boost building is scaled relative to age. This is not, which makes it slightly overpowered at lower ages and significantly underpowered at high ages.

that is terribly gameplay

if you only get them to sell them to the dealer you should not get them at all
wait for the day with the SoK

because why should you try to get something that you can sell for 2030 (24h) when the chances are the same to win SoK (only need to spend stars on a different day) which can be sold for 10130

so winning 5 cars to sell them is like winning and selling one SoK
I apologize, should have been worded better. I was trying to make the point that if you already have the Cars in inventory, the AD is probably the best use for them. If you are actively trying to convert DS prizes into AD currency, of course you are correct. Also before anyone accuses me of being a hypocrite for having them in my city, I'm betting on Inno fixing them. My comment was meant as a somewhat cynical take on their current iteration, not as a serious suggestion for action.

Whilst it may seem unusual, I can confirm that it is indeed intended behaviour that you will receive a new level 1 train before the final upgrade.
Why? What's the rationale for giving the piece to start Event Building #2 before the first one is finished?

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
When will the event launch on public servers?

You would need to check with the forums on each individual server for their announcements for the release of any event. It would not be fair to announce this information before the Community Managers of the respective servers have had the chance to announce it themselves. Thank you for your understanding.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
When will the event launch on public servers?

While they may not be willing to state it, winter events have always run for pretty much the whole month of december. The earliest start was Nov 26. The latest start was Dec 2.

6zeva9

Baronet
While they may not be willing to state it, winter events have always run for pretty much the whole month of december. The earliest start was Nov 26. The latest start was Dec 2.
As this is a 32 day Event and it finishes on this Server on the 24th November, a December start date is most likely.
What does disappoint me is that it is centered on the Western (Gregorian Calendar) Christmas and while last years Event looked more Orthodox, the Event is always concluded before the Orthodox Christmas on the 7th January.

CrashBoom

Legend
it always starts in December
and as the 1st is a Sunday and nobody would be working on that day it will most likely be the 2nd

DeletedUser10015

the reindeer concept is clearly misleading and suffers many imperfections
1) It is presented as a reward which becomes due when you get reindeers whereas it is clearly a SALES OFFER. As a minimum, it should be presented as such
2) regardless of the number of reindeers, 1 or 6 or 9, you'll have to pay the same amount of diamonds (2995). The cost could be made proportional to the number of "rewards" obtained (e.g. 330 for 1 "reward", 1320 for 4 "rewards" and 2995 for 9 "rewards")
3) the "rewards" are set randomly but there should be a way to discard those you don't want. Who's ready to pay 330 diamonds for some medals or a winter village kit ?
But in the end it's all about this question : why should we pay for a "reward" ? If it's a reward, then it's free. If you have to pay for it, then it's NOT a reward
Or maybe it's the cost of feeding the reindeers to have them deliver the items to you ^^

DeletedUser10015

quick question(s) and sorry if it as already asked / answered but did not see it in the thread :
1) can the winter train itself (not the waggons) be motivated ? Because when I look at the rewards it does not say that incremental benefits (supplies, medals, ressources, forge points ...) are subject to prior motivation (as opposed to the pirate ship).
2) is the winter train itself (not the waggons) plunderable or is it immune to plundering like the Crow's nest ?

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
so the main train have no aid priority at all ?

No, as motivating only affects the coins

quick question(s) and sorry if it as already asked / answered but did not see it in the thread :
1) can the winter train itself (not the waggons) be motivated ? Because when I look at the rewards it does not say that incremental benefits (supplies, medals, ressources, forge points ...) are subject to prior motivation (as opposed to the pirate ship).
2) is the winter train itself (not the waggons) plunderable or is it immune to plundering like the Crow's nest ?
Yes it can be motivated, it can also be plundered when not motivated.

DeletedUser10015

Thanks for reply about plundering, Dudettas
May be it would be worth telling it upfront in the presentation of the event when it comes live on the regular servers

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Thanks for reply about plundering, Dudettas
May be it would be worth telling it upfront in the presentation of the event when it comes live on the regular servers
It was logical, the train respects the same principle as all other buildings.
The priority depends on what the motivation brings:
1 fp
2 goods
3 medals
4 Blueprints
5 guild power
The Crow's nest gives diamonds, not the train, that's the reason for the difference: diamonds can never be plundered.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
that's the reason for the difference: diamonds can never be plundered.
na... that is just an assumption and could be coincidental - CN was plunderable in the beginning before it was changed to be in line with the other "random production" buildings (that coincidentally are currently the only buildings producing diamonds)... and the abandoned asylum also had the current behavior of the train in the beginning before it was changed to be more in line with the other recent event buildings behavior...

jovada

Regent
This is pure thievery from innogames again, they know many spend diamonds on that train to obtain also wagons and paid 2995 diamonds from the reindeers and now the train is plunderable and it's not only the train but in one plunder also the attached wagons.
Shame on you innogames.