• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser9403

The shuffle is a good thing as long as you can control when it’s used but unless you get a peek that rarely happens.
Of course, but Inno put it there to stop us from actually getting what we want/need, not to help us in any way.
They would never allow it to be used when WE want.

Inno doesn't seem to understand that creating frustration is NOT the way to go for a game developer.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The event has always been like that, and it allows to have a lot of "gift of the day".
There is now a great final lot and you want more?

Before complaining, we must make the event, count the gifts obtained. If there are many then the event should not be changed.
I only had 30 quests and I have 7 reindeers, it's satisfying.

DeletedUser7549

Before complaining, we must make the event, count the gifts obtained. If there are many then the event should not be changed.
I only had 30 quests and I have 7 reindeers, it's satisfying.

You DON'T have 7 reindeers, unless you pay almost 3k diamonds! o_O

Lekaylee

Farmer
Hey :)
imho i like the event! Love that Train! I am happy it works now on the pad, i am more using than on the PC (On PC I often have Probs with blackscreen).
I hate that shuffle Thing, whitch can not be controlled. It eats all of my Stars. I would prefere seeing it.... theree are enough presents on the table to spend the Stars while you are digging the daily prize.
Well, the Train is big with the waggons. For ME it is a lovely thing to look - at .....and i give it the place it needs.

oh ... with my rarely used English I cannot understand the posts with the percents.... Am I getting less loot from the basic Train if I am using waggons? I thougt the waggons are adding bonus to the Train??
Can enyone explain please? - Thanks in front.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
if I have 7 reindeer in the boxes, it is that I had 7 gifts of the day .... I do not want the reindeer, I want the gifts of the day.
Counting the reindeer gives me the number of gifts of the day won (I have a bad memory)

DeletedUser10286

Will the confectionery and other buildings of past events appear?

CrashBoom

Legend
you don't pay for the reindeers :rolleyes:

you collect them for free and hidden rewards will be revealed when you get them

and then you pay for get those rewards

ReindeerCollectionNew7of9.png

DeletedUser8743

*** Bug Report ***

When motivated the Winter Train itself, does not double the happiness provided. Lvl 5 Winter Train in HMA shows 1140 happiness before and after motivation.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
*** Bug Report ***

When motivated the Winter Train itself, does not double the happiness provided. Lvl 5 Winter Train in HMA shows 1140 happiness before and after motivation.
That is usual behavior.

Like Tholos of Idols or the Grand Bridge, the Winter Train is classed as a residential building that gets "motivated" to increase its production. Only buildings classed as cultural buildings or decorations double their happiness when "polished".

DeletedUser8743

imho i like the event! Love that Train! I am happy it works now on the pad, i am more using than on the PC (On PC I often have Probs with blackscreen).
I hate that shuffle Thing, whitch can not be controlled. It eats all of my Stars. I would prefere seeing it.... theree are enough presents on the table to spend the Stars while you are digging the daily prize.
Well, the Train is big with the waggons. For ME it is a lovely thing to look - at .....and i give it the place it needs.

oh ... with my rarely used English I cannot understand the posts with the percents.... Am I getting less loot from the basic Train if I am using waggons? I thougt the waggons are adding bonus to the Train??
No you're not getting less loot. The extra cars (waggons) add to what what you are getting. I have 6 sleeping cars so when I look at the Winter Train it shows I'm getting an additional 12FP.

Feanor II

Baronet

You are not getting less from the Train, you are indeed getting more. However, you are getting less out of the spaces being used than if you filled them with already-existing options. For example, if you attach 3 Dining Cars to your train, you do increase your attack percentage by 12%. However, if you use the same 6x3 area for 2 Checkmate Squares/Botanical Rotundas, you get 20% boost out of the same 18 squares (assuming SA:M player). Likewise, if you put 3 Freight Cars you get 15 goods from that 6x3 area, but if you put 3 Sleigh Builders there instead you get 45. So there's no real point in putting the Dining and Freight Cars in. They make your city worse compared to other options. Frankly, their best use at this point is to run them through the Antiquities Dealer to get coins/gems to acquire the better options. Which is sad because I really like the train idea!

At its very core, FoE is a game of efficiency. It's about getting the most you can out of the spaces available. So a new building that is far less efficient than existing options is not profitable for Inno since players won't spend money to get it (assuming they do the math on them and don't just jump on the because they look cool). This is Marketing 101-when the consumer sees your product, it should provoke the instinctive response "I must have that", not "why would I spend money on that when I already have [fill in more efficient option here for your preferred resource]"

DeletedUser8743

That is usual behavior.

Like Tholos of Idols or the Grand Bridge, the Winter Train is classed as a residential building that gets "motivated" to increase its production. Only buildings classed as cultural buildings or decorations double their happiness when "polished".
Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to look at the Winter Train again when it is not motivated. I didn't notice any increase production with the motivation.

DeletedUser8743

You are not getting less from the Train, you are indeed getting more. However, you are getting less out of the spaces being used than if you filled them with already-existing options. For example, if you attach 3 Dining Cars to your train, you do increase your attack percentage by 12%. However, if you use the same 6x3 area for 2 Checkmate Squares/Botanical Rotundas, you get 20% boost out of the same 18 squares (assuming SA:M player). Likewise, if you put 3 Freight Cars you get 15 goods from that 6x3 area, but if you put 3 Sleigh Builders there instead you get 45. So there's no real point in putting the Dining and Freight Cars in. They make your city worse compared to other options. Frankly, their best use at this point is to run them through the Antiquities Dealer to get coins/gems to acquire the better options. Which is sad because I really like the train idea!

At its very core, FoE is a game of efficiency. It's about getting the most you can out of the spaces available. So a new building that is far less efficient than existing options is not profitable for Inno since players won't spend money to get it (assuming they do the math on them and don't just jump on the because they look cool). This is Marketing 101-when the consumer sees your product, it should provoke the instinctive response "I must have that", not "why would I spend money on that when I already have [fill in more efficient option here for your preferred resource]"
Which is why I went with the Sleeping Car which provides 2 FP. That's significantly better than SOKs straight up. You also have to take into account that the cars don't need road connections. The dining car provides good attack percentage at lower ages. The issue is the percentage doesn't increase with the ages.

CrashBoom

Legend
... cars ...
Frankly, their best use at this point is to run them through the Antiquities Dealer to get coins/gems to acquire the better options.
that is terribly gameplay

if you only get them to sell them to the dealer you should not get them at all
wait for the day with the SoK

because why should you try to get something that you can sell for 2030 (24h) when the chances are the same to win SoK (only need to spend stars on a different day) which can be sold for 10130

so winning 5 cars to sell them is like winning and selling one SoK

DeletedUser8743

Of course, but Inno put it there to stop us from actually getting what we want/need, not to help us in any way.
They would never allow it to be used when WE want.

Inno doesn't seem to understand that creating frustration is NOT the way to go for a game developer.
If you
and then if I pay you 3K diamonds, my
that is terribly gameplay

if you only get them to sell them to the dealer you should not get them at all
wait for the day with the SoK

because why should you try to get something that you can sell for 2030 (24h) when the chances are the same to win SoK (only need to spend stars on a different day) which can be sold for 10130

so winning 5 cars to sell them is like winning and selling one SoK
I agree with not going after things you don't want. Prioritize what you want to get out of the event and only focus on getting those items. However assuming you intend to put up the Winter Train, why would you go for SOKs when the sleeping car provides better FP and doesn't require a road connection?

Rytil

Farmer
During the events the incidents could give more stars/candies/eggs/etc. Currently this happens too seldom. Would make it more fun and give more event-like feeling.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I just got the 2. train lvl 1 from the "Ticket"-quest, but I have only got the first train to lvl 7, normally it should be at lvl 8 (when we get the 2. train lvl 1) so it could lvl to 9 with the last daily quest.
Isnt the 2. train in the "Ticket"-quest a bit to early in the questline?

Whilst it may seem unusual, I can confirm that it is indeed intended behaviour that you will receive a new level 1 train before the final upgrade.

DeletedUser10282

Which is why I went with the Sleeping Car which provides 2 FP. That's significantly better than SOKs straight up. You also have to take into account that the cars don't need road connections. The dining car provides good attack percentage at lower ages. The issue is the percentage doesn't increase with the ages.

we have taken that into account. The dining car doesn’t require a road connection, but does require to be connected to the back of the train in order for the 4% attack boost to work. it needs to be more at least in the higher ages,