• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser10263

Me thinks the awarded stars per tasks completed is off. We get 10 stars daily just for logging in. Yet each quest/task only earns us another 10??? Shouldn't this number be higher like between 14 and 30? Considering there are a lot more pieces to collect on top of the 9-upgrades. How could you possibly claim, unlimited amount of extensions to add on, when there isn't enough to get through regular game play. With 19+ days to go, I already finished the event task and am stopped by the daily limitation. Not to forget to mention the reindeer hype was stupid and the wording of the button needs to be changed to, "Purchase with xxxx Diamonds", instead of the current, "Claim XXXX Diamonds", as it implies we get to claim XXXX Diamonds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The Cars aren't required to make it profitable; they actually make it worse. Broken down by preferences (all decimals rounded to 3 places):

1. If you prioritize FPs, you choose the Evergreen Express, which is 8FP/21sq for an efficiency of .381 FP/sq/day. If you attach a Sleeping Car, you now have 10FP/27sq for an efficiency of .370 FP/sq/day. 2 Sleeping Cars? 12FP/33sq for an efficiency of .364 FP/sq/day. 10 Sleeping Cars? 28FP/81sq for an efficiency of .346 FP/sq/day. And so on.

2. If you prioritize goods, you choose the Sleighride Express, which is 20goods/21sq for an efficiency of .952 goods/sq/day. Attach a Freight Car, it becomes 25 goods/27sq, .926 goods/sq/day. Attach 10 Freight Cars, you get 70goods/81sq, efficiency .864 goods/sq/day

3. If you prioritize attack boost (my people :)...), you choose the Charcoal Express, which is 20%/21sq for an efficiency of .952 atk%/sq. Attach a Dining Car and it becomes 24%/27sq, making it .889 atk%/sq. Attach 10 Dining Cars, 60atk%/81sq, efficiency of a paltry .741 atk%/sq.

Now, for the coup de grace-it's worth pointing out that each of the Cars only boosts ONE of the three main resources (FPs, goods, atk boost%), so the efficiency of the other two are going to drop very steeply as you add Cars. So let's say I do the last option. Not only does the Charcoal Express go down in efficiency by 22.164% of its specialty, it also means that the Charcoal Express is now producing 5FP/81sq for an efficiency of .062% as opposed to the original .238 FP/sq/day, as well as 15 goods/81sq for .185 goods/sq/day as opposed to the original 15/21 .714 goods/sq/day. Drops of 383% and 386% respectively. It should be a trade-off (i.e. "is it worth the reduction in efficiency of production for [non-preferred resource A] and [non-preferred resource B] in order to increase the efficiency of [preferred resource C])?" But they're so badly balanced that they even hurt the PREFERRED resource! And they want you to spend real-world money adding these Cars!!

Note: it's been a long week so if I've made an error in the math I apologize in advance...

The main point of the cars would be to make a super-building for blue galaxy since it's all collected by the train.

Now the attack boost car in this context really doesn't make sense, and drastically needs to be improved. It does need to be at least as good as other 6 tile attack bonus options.

The FP car however is certainly good enough in this context.

The goods card could use to move up to 12-15 goods - 15 would make it strictly better than a sleigh builder in goods production (especially if using blue galaxy on your train), but placement limitations could justify it. Also sleigh builders can be used for recurring quests in OF, VF and SAM while on their goods cycle and can be used for events and daily challenges in all ages without allocating extra space for production buildings you don't really want anyways.

Borowski

Squire
I would suggest another option for this annoying shuffle-thing....
why not offer an extra shuffle-button for e. g. 10 oder 20 more stars and therefor eliminate the shuffle-tile in the presents?

by the way: today got the missing upgrade for train lv.8 - last one will follow within the questline.
still 2 weeks of the event to run... I think this is too long

Last edited:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Are you totally mad Inno.???? Gain loads of reindeer and then if I pay you 3K diamonds, my prizes will include Santa's Workshop, 50 goods and some Fps - on your bike - Not on this planet - lol. Please get real - offer prizes - not something that I have to pay for especially if I don't actually want what is on offer. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum - lol

Feanor II

Baronet
Are you totally mad Inno.???? Gain loads of reindeer and then if I pay you 3K diamonds, my prizes will include Santa's Workshop, 50 goods and some Fps - on your bike - Not on this planet - lol. Please get real - offer prizes - not something that I have to pay for especially if I don't actually want what is on offer. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum - lol

This event had such promise but they really bungled it. The Cars are far too unbalanced/weak (see my previous posts for the proof), the reindeer idea is good but needs to either be much better prizes (not a bunch of filler), or it needs to be free, and there's no sign they're planning to fix either problem.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Thank you all for your feedback so far. Is there anything that you are particularly enjoying about the Winter Event? Now that the App version is active, how is it working for you on the App? We are aware of an issue on the App where tapping the Reindeer they bounce but nothing else happens.

DeletedUser10282

Thank you all for your feedback so far. Is there anything that you are particularly enjoying about the Winter Event? Now that the App version is active, how is it working for you on the App? We are aware of an issue on the App where tapping the Reindeer they bounce but nothing else happens.
I really like the winter train, thank you. potentially the best main event prize yet, I will love it and probably get at least 2 of them if the dining car is fixed. The app is working ok on my iPad other than the issue you mentioned,

Feanor II

Baronet

Yes. I love the train idea (admittedly, I'm a model train aficionado so I'm biased). It's a lot of fun, plus the artwork is really good. Questline has been fair. The reindeer idea is also a good concept, it just needs to be fixed by eliminating the fillers and making it worth buying. Most significantly, as I've detailed extensively, the math with the Cars doesn't work.

This is why I'm so frustrated with this event. It's like they did 95% great work in creating the event, but the 5% that's wrong kills the 95% that's good. What's the point of a really cool-looking, cool-concept train if the components are so inefficient it would be a waste to put them in the city? Do they really expect people will give them real-world money to downgrade their city? Not going to happen, regardless of how impressive the artwork is or how fun the concept is.

DeletedUser7549

I've just heard from a guild mate that the final 9-reindeer prizes cost 2995 diamonds, even if one has collected all reindeers...
With the free diamonds on Beta I might also buy it, aber NO WAY I'm going to pay for it on the live servers.
It would be fair if a player had to pay if and ONLY IF he/she has not collected all 9 reindeers...

Moreover, as others wrote, the cars are not profitable at all...
I do hope all these "weak" points of the event will be changed on the live servers...

CrashBoom

Legend
the 2 FP car is good

has the value of 0.33 FP which is in line with other buildings of the past (not great but good)

AND more important: the Blue Galaxy factor
one collect for the BG counts for all cars.
so if you have 15 cars appended the BG would double the 30 FP makes it 60

if you have many regular buildings with 3 FP on 9 square (also 0.33 efficiency) you would need 10 BG collects (and nobody wastes his BG on 3 FP buildings)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10282

the 2 FP car is good

has the value of 0.33 FP which is in line with other buildings of the past (not great but good)

AND more important: the Blue Galaxy factor
one collect for the BG counts for all cars.
so if you have 15 cars appended the BG would double the 30 FP makes it 60

if you have many regular buildings with 3 FP on 9 square (also 0.33 efficiency) you would need 10 BG collects (and nobody wastes his BG on 3 FP buildings)

it’s too bad the BG won’t impact the Dining Car. The dining car MUST be fixed!

Pafton

Viceroy
Thank you all for your feedback so far. Is there anything that you are particularly enjoying about the Winter Event?...
I've always liked the Winter event due to the festive spirit that comes with it. Maybe its nostalgia or whatever but the satisfaction that comes after opening a present and winning the DS (especially if it's within the first couple) has definitely lingered through all these years.

One more thing that I like with the Winter event in particular is the fact that though there have been so many new events and existing ones have been radically changed, this one has retained the core features which make it all the more endearing and enjoyable (well except Shuffle).