• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5882

I just gave up on these sets
They are a true horror
Just yesterday I moved the 11fp source elephant set in the storage because I could not manage to rearrange my city for 2 days! I could just not make the road connection (without wasting lots of valuable space) to 4 pieces that required road..

So, in this event I realized something. Yes, fps are valuable but space is more valuable. That is why I changed strategy with the pieces I decided to pick.

I ignored all the big and road requiring winter set pieces and saved my stars for the ones that were small and with no road connection requirement.

As of today I have collected 5 piece set that take only a 3x3 space with NO road connection but provides me with:

• Halmbock: 770 happiness + %3 attack bonus
  • Smörgåsbord: 770 happiness + %5 defense bonus
  • Tinkerer's tent: 770 happiness + %5 coin boost
  • Candlemaker's tent: 770 happiness + %5 supply boost
  • Madame Fortuna's tent: 106 medals + 1 fp
3080 happiness, %3 attack, %5 defense, %5 coin, %5 supply boost along with some medals and 1 forge point from a 3x3 building with no road requirement whatsoever.... is awesome ;)

set.JPG

DeletedUser8341

Did
you realize the 9 pieces for the set in about 1 or 2 ages will be obsolete , the buildings will be deleted
and diamonds you spent are lost forever. What is the strategy enforcing players go to new age ,
or destroy the city to build black smith ? I do my part of players revenge, i am founder or leader
in 9 worlds, and i tell them if the final reward worth it or not. There are 600 players that follow me,
they tell to his friends,they buy no diamonds, this involves maybe around 3,000 players .
In this event i already said to them do not spend a cent buying diamonds to try complete a set,
save the stars for anything that they like as renew kit, rogue hideout,etc...
Is really time to Inno wake up , stop with "research a tech" or"gain control over a province"
on mini events with 10/12 quests, stop not giving options for those quests, stop with the ridiculous
quests to finish 50 times a production or so. Use imagination ,give something more hard than
that for players don't destroy a city or quit FoE !
It is good advice to not spend money on the Event (or even the game). It would be different if we had enough time to gather the one-up kits/reno kits to be able to upgrade but two of my cities are being forced into the next age prematurely, without enough kits to keep my buildings up to date (or enough goods, or enough GB levels, to say nothing of feeling like I have not had chance to play that age to its fullest). One of the cities I had to advance has two new GBs that should really have been taken to about level 5 - along with at least one level onto the rest - but instead I have to go forward.

Inno are skirting regulation right across Europe in advertising this as a strategy game. The nearest a player can get to strategic play is
... back to a normal play, just do not play events ,they don't worth
the effort.
And NOT playing what the game offers is a strange kind of strategy game!

DeletedUser8766

This is a good solution to obtain max results from a 1x complete set?

FoE - Winter 2017.jpg

clebert

Merchant
It is good advice to not spend money on the Event (or even the game). It would be different if we had enough time to gather the one-up kits/reno kits to be able to upgrade but two of my cities are being forced into the next age prematurely, without enough kits to keep my buildings up to date (or enough goods, or enough GB levels, to say nothing of feeling like I have not had chance to play that age to its fullest). One of the cities I had to advance has two new GBs that should really have been taken to about level 5 - along with at least one level onto the rest - but instead I have to go forward.

Inno are skirting regulation right across Europe in advertising this as a strategy game. The nearest a player can get to strategic play is
Why enforcing players go to age up? let the players manage their cities. Anyway,event finished ,maybe they read
this,last quest usually is acquire a province and finish production a lot times, i am surprised that was only acquire
3 sectors not fighting. Congrats all that finished it and got all special buildings.

DeletedUser5160

3 sectors without fighting... OCD compels me to finish it since it is the last quest of the event. But Inno, you suck.

Seriously @Zarok Dai What was the point of that mission statement 6 months back with inno seemingly sympathetic that we don't want to advance or that we cannot negotiate? What if while in AF I progressed so far into the OF continent map I couldn't negotiate because I don't generate the goods or make the orichalcum?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7779

3 sectors without fighting... OCD compels me to finish it since it is the last quest of the event. But Inno, you suck.

Seriously @Zarok Dai What was the point of that mission statement 6 months back with inno seemingly sympathetic that we don't want to advance or that we cannot negotiate? What if while in AF I progressed so far into the OF continent map I couldn't negotiate because I don't generate the goods or make the orichalcum?

Excellent point about the orichalum but even in other Eras it could be hard to complete. On beta im half way through indy map and i just advanced to Indy 2 days ago (event forced me to do so, which was another terrible quest to research a tech with no alternative...) Anyhow, i got 0 Indy goods to negotiate and am relying on the mercy of my hood/guild to pick up my trades...Really? For what? For a few more stars so we get the a Santa's Workshop? Seriously?

I just gave up on these sets
They are a true horror
Just yesterday I moved the 11fp source elephant set in the storage because I could not manage to rearrange my city for 2 days! I could just not make the road connection (without wasting lots of valuable space) to 4 pieces that required road..

So, in this event I realized something. Yes, fps are valuable but space is more valuable. That is why I changed strategy with the pieces I decided to pick.

I ignored all the big and road requiring winter set pieces and saved my stars for the ones that were small and with no road connection requirement.

As of today I have collected 5 piece set that take only a 3x3 space with NO road connection but provides me with:

• Halmbock: 770 happiness + %3 attack bonus
  • Smörgåsbord: 770 happiness + %5 defense bonus
  • Tinkerer's tent: 770 happiness + %5 coin boost
  • Candlemaker's tent: 770 happiness + %5 supply boost
  • Madame Fortuna's tent: 106 medals + 1 fp
3080 happiness, %3 attack, %5 defense, %5 coin, %5 supply boost along with some medals and 1 forge point from a 3x3 building with no road requirement whatsoever.... is awesome ;)

View attachment 2840

Here's mine

Winter 2017

6fp and 6% attack

DeletedUser

Seriously @Zarok Dai What was the point of that mission statement 6 months back with inno seemingly sympathetic that we don't want to advance or that we cannot negotiate?

We stated that we would be adding more alternatives to some quests over the coming months. We never said we would offer alternatives on all quests.
Personally I think that if it is more important to a player to not level up than to complete the quest, then the decision is simple.
As to negotiations I have the same problem, I do not have the goods to do that right now. However just because I do not have the goods does not mean I think there is a flaw with the quest. If every single player could achieve and gain everything in the game with little to no effort or challenge, than what would be the point in even playing?

DeletedUser5160

We stated that we would be adding more alternatives to some quests over the coming months. We never said we would offer alternatives on all quests.
Personally I think that if it is more important to a player to not level up than to complete the quest, then the decision is simple.
As to negotiations I have the same problem, I do not have the goods to do that right now. However just because I do not have the goods does not mean I think there is a flaw with the quest. If every single player could achieve and gain everything in the game with little to no effort or challenge, than what would be the point in even playing?

We're not asking to make it easy, but some of these quests are just impossible if the player was pushed into the wrong conditions. Inno keeps pushing the player to make decisions that are terrible to their progression to a point where it isn't fun. We complained about this before and thought Inno understood it, but that lasted for about 2 main quests before they changed back to their previous model.

For example. for someone like me who reached the end of the AF tech but does not want to progress into the next age, the donate 1000 goods from that age was a great alternative. The same for negotiation. I was going to spend goods anyway and I don't have to donate Prom/Oric to the guild.

DeletedUser8341

Zarok, that is weaseling at its worst. The message was clearly meant to be understood - and was - that options would be available to research.

That is, after all, the only logical way to understand statements like "we have listened to our cutomers" and "in future, options will be available." Such statements mean nothing other than 'piss off, customers' unless they are genuinely made.

'Sometimes options' is as useless as 'never an option' since players must never research to the end of an era, either way. Actually, it is worse because players like me, who came to the game just at the end of the supposed forcing of research and experieced 7 months without it, had no reason to suspect that Inno were not being genuine in saying they listened to customers and were making changes. Indeed, the entire user community - as you are surely aware - were relieved and pleased that the game apparently was improved. They are rightly angry that Inno has gone back on what was clearly intended to be understood.

Dropping a brick on your foot is simple, too, but it isn't nice, isn't necessary and doesn't help .. just like getting near the end of a quest only to be faced with an option between a rock and a hard place, despite what was reasonable to believe would not happen.

At the VERY least, it should have been made clear at the outset that reasearching would be needed to complete. The appropriate strategic decisions could then be made, such as whether to advance at the beginning so as not to have a bunch of outdated Winter Set buildings; or to not bother getting buildings thst would be outdated 2 days from the end of the quest; or to almost ignore the Event entirely. We were not given the information to make a good choice.

DeletedUser

What you are basically saying is to remove every tech quest (or map for that matter) from every event. I seriously doubt that will happen, but I am happy to pass it along.

DeletedUser8341

What you are basically saying is to remove every tech quest (or map for that matter) from every event. I seriously doubt that will happen, but I am happy to pass it along.
No, I am saying that Inno should recognise that strategic play is only possible when players can make informed decisions, and that Inno should keep their word.

Tech quests are fine. Map quests are fine. Neither are good without alternatives.

It isn't about making things easy: donating hundreds of current/previous age goods is challenging and difficult - not the kind of thing any player would do unless they are really committed to staying in the age they are in.

So if you really want to misrepresent what anyone has said then go ahead and pass along that we all want ti remove every tech and map quest, Or, you might try to understand what is being said and berate Inno on our behalf.

DeletedUser5882

Here's mine

Winter 2017

6fp and 6% attack

Your plan is great!
But..
my focus was to get pieces with NO road connection.
My plan was not to get all pieces with all the bonuses..
My plan was aimed to;
*getting the most (good bonuses, no hassle)
by
*giving the least (no road, little space)
:cool:

Because
This is how I feel when I rearrange my city moving regular one piece building
Difficult but needs only a little planning and concentration
86284387.jpg

And this is how I feel when I have to move a set while rearranging my city
desarmandobomba.jpg

This is a game and we play it to relax. But instead I started to develop some sort of a phobia so I do not care about the set bonuses any more (unless they are one of a kind) I want my peace and quiet and "normal" level of stress when moving things around in my city ;)

DeletedUser

Or, you might try to understand what is being said

I do understand, and I will happily argue the point with the higher ups. What I am trying to convey is that it was never the original intent when adding alternative to some quests that there would not also still be single requirement quests.

DeletedUser8341

I do understand, and I will happily argue the point with the higher ups. What I am trying to convey is that it was never the original intent when adding alternative to some quests that there would not also still be single requirement quests.
What I am trying to convey are
1) It just does not make sense to try appeasing players with 'sometimes' there will be options. For all strategic purposes, sometimes offering an alternative is the same as never offering one.
2) There are a people (including you) who say it is no big deal, players have the choice, etc. However, to give them that 'choice' (give up on the Event or move up an age when they are not ready) when they have twisted their town about just to complete the Event and in some cases spent a lot of money to progress through the Event, and especially only after they have collected a bunch of buildings that would be immediately outdated, is not a good choice to force players into. It strips away the opportunity for strategic play, or for making any informed decisions.

There were already two tech research quests, with options. If players knew that there was to be a third, without option, they might well have chosen to research early rather than later. As it is, the first gave rise to hope that this Event would not force a research and the second made that seem certain. The most likely response from the majority of players (who must necessarily spend most of their game time NOT researching and moving up the ages) is disappointment in the Event (and the game) and disgust at the way they are forced forward when unready, despite what seemed like assurances earlier in the year that this would not happen.

A good strategy game has its frustrating moments but that should come from hardship playing a game with boundaries and rules, not from being messed about by the game developers.

DeletedUser8341

And yet in May:
A reflection on recent questline and event feedback
...we've gotten to the stage where we're reading feedback from some players on the forums that can't play the questlines because of how incompatible certain quest requirements are with their style of play. An example is quest conditions to research new technologies. For players with very specific goals in mind that they want to accomplish in their current age, this can be a quite limiting condition. This doesn't fit with our idea of having questlines being available to all players.
We don't want there to be "mistakes" you can make in normal gameplay that will significantly hamper your ability to participate in events and questlines. That's not the type of uncertainty we want players to have when playing, and it can be a quite negative experience when you for example have just finished a technology costing hundreds of Forge Points and then you get a quest for researching a technology.
(My emphasis.)

So, let us not have the negative conditions thrust suddenly upon us and let us not have the uncertainty and let us have the information in time to make informed choices. I suspect that if all players understood the reality of the Winter Event, many would not take part in it.

I started playing the game in the middle of an Event (very confusing for a newbie, but that is a different matter) and have generally enjoyed events (admittedly partly because I did quite well out of the Summer Event). All I want, personally, is to get back the positive feeling I had about events in the first six months of play, before all my strategic planning was pushed into the garbage heap of unnecessarily forcing me forward an age. After all, why does Inno want me to rush to the end.. it doesn't make sense to force players to 'finish' the game rather than to be challenged at whatever stage of the game they are in.

DeletedUser5160

I agree with the feeling of phobia. I just stopped progressing in the continent map because of the events can make it impossible to complete without diamonds.... which is probably what they want anyway. Joke is, not going to spend 2k+ diamonds per negotiation for a crappy piece of a set.

DeletedUser5429

I got :
  • Moose x1
  • Sugar x2
  • Toymaker x1
  • Fortuna x2
  • Candlemaker x1
  • Halmbock x2
  • Straw x2
  • Smorgasbord x1
With that I could make a 5x7 footprint giving :
  • 6 FPs
  • 13 goods
  • 492 medals
  • +5% production
  • +6% attack
  • +2% defense
For something just over a terrace farm in term of footprint (not couting the roads), that's rather good.
On the other hand, I hope I'll never have to move it ! :confused::confused::confused: