• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Not really, when you take into account the time spent. :( Discouraging

Unfortunately the event coincided with the introduction of the Vikings balancing act. Too much was happening.

An idea:
An extra reminder could be added. Something indicating that the "LAST 24h" of the event have started.
Or maybe an in-game system message. At least for the beta testers.

Yes, we do spend a lot of time playing, but that is what we are here for ;)
And I agree with @Luthan der Weise : there is a timer that we should watch especially when were are towards the end of the quests.

DeletedUser6489

That's a problem with all the events. I guess the longer the event the more likely people are to forget about the end date. But then again there is a timer. I think even on the main city screen it displays in the last few days (so you won't have to open the special event window or the quest window to see the remaining time).

I always set myself an own reminder to remember it.

Actually there is no visible timer when you are in your city playing. Screenshot_3.png

You need to enter the event window and then click on the " ? " in the upper right hand corner Screenshot_4.png

to open yet another window to to see a timer in the bottom center of THAT window to know how much time is still remaining for the event. Screenshot_5.png

Perhaps Inno could add a simple timer to the visible Event window visible while you are playing the game. or at least something as you hover over that . i seem to remember that from at least one past event, that we could hover over it to see how much time we had left. This ending on Beta caught me by surprise. it didnt seem like it lasted a as long as it had.. and then abruptly it was gone, long before all of the quests were completed

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Actually there is no visible timer when you are in your city playing.
There is, it appears on the event hud icon a few days before the event is to end. It's not present throughout the whole event.
Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 19.17.16.png

That should make it more noticeable anyway, the change of no timer vs timer should catch your attention and point out time's running out.

DeletedUser

and in the quest windows on the top right I can see every time when I check what to do how much time is left

no need to click on any ? and every player opens the quest window regularly

DeletedUser6489

Show 4 really is very interesting, I'd really like it.
I don't know if it's me, but the snow not covering the buildings is very disapointing, it should be added, at least for my taste.
I would love it if the Winter event were much snowier. Love the snowy surroundings

I think you need to have the animations active in your city in order for the snowfall feature to work.

DeletedUser6489

There is, it appears on the event hud icon a few days before the event is to end. It's not present throughout the whole event.
View attachment 3631

That should make it more noticeable anyway, the change of no timer vs timer should catch your attention and point out time's running out.

hmmm.. something i actually didnt notice. i just went to my main city where i took the screenshots and there is nothing. i guess if it pops up near the end of the event thats something but they should do that in a more noticeable color maybe? i play Beta everyday and i didnt notice this. Sticking to the holiday theme maybe Red and Green or Candy cane stripes?

DeletedUser6489

I will not play this on the live server. I am at the top of my Age but cannot win battles or solve complex negotiations without using Diamonds which, as a disabled Senior, I can't afford. I like the overall game, though!

Hi, There really is not a need to spend money on the live servers. Especially with GE and the Quests given for each era. One of my Guildees on the live servers has never spent a dime on this game and he has become a force to be reckoned with in Future Era now on one of the US servers. He gets diamonds from the Guild Expeditions and various quests he does as well as some of the Historical quest lines Inno puts out in between the larger events like this Winter event. In addition to that, the live servers operate a little differently than Beta does in that many of the Guilds there work a lot toward helping individuals grows and prosper within the guilds for the strength of the Guild. in other words, a group of strong players makes a stronger guild. If you are really interested in starting a City on a live server hit me up privately and i can get you started on my server and bring you into my guild when you get to the point where you can join a guild. And, you wont have to spend any money to be a bad ass there.

DeletedUser7679

Quick question : Were the wishing well shrink kits offered more than once during betaville version?
I spaced out on the main & forgot to try for them. THanks...

DeletedUser6863

Wishing Well shrink kit was available twice on Beta. 1st on 23rd November and 2nd on 8th December.